Team PokéBeach

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Team PokéBeach - Join Now!

Even then, Yache Berry Garchomp can take a STAB Ice Shard/Ice Punch, and shove back a STAB Outrage/Earthquake for the OHKO.
If I remember correctly, I thought that Yache Berry Garchomp couldn't take a Choice Band Ice Punch from Weavile. Albeit this was a long time ago, I think I still remember, haha.
palkia dialga clash said:
1) Competitive Battling Interests.
~I'm a decent mind in the battling comunity.But not the best by far.

2) Post Your Team.
In the RMT Fourm

3) Battling Rules.
I know clauses and everything by rules

4) Conduct.
I won't spam or Flame anywhere in this Clan.

I hope you can test me on Shoddy soon!~PDC

Welcome to the clan, and remember to stay active. We don't test you for the clan, but always remember to add to the conversation. Think of that as your tryout.

True.Vile and Swine have become less common.I haven't seen them as much as i use too.But one threat to Garchomp or an Unseen Threat....maybe is Curse-Lax.Even with EQ couldn't it still be a decent problum if Chomp drops To OU?

True.Vile and Swine have become less common.I haven't seen them as much as i use too.But one threat to Garchomp or an Unseen Threat...maybe is Curse-Lax.Even with EQ couldn't it still be a decent problum if Chomp drops To OU?

Curse Lax? You've gotta be kidding me. +2 Outrage will own it before it even has time to set up.

Limitless said:
If I remember correctly, I thought that Yache Berry Garchomp couldn't take a Choice Band Ice Punch from Weavile. Albeit this was a long time ago, I think I still remember, haha.

Depending on Garchomp's EV Spread. Certain Garchomp run extra HP EVs, but IIRC, 120 HP EVs on Yache Berry Garchomp can take a Banded-Weavile Ice Punch. I'm not too sure, however, since it has been a long time ever since I remember these things.

-_- Figures.Well....It depend reall on The Garchomp and Weavile.If theweavile has Jolly or Adament.If the Garchomps Ivs and Evs are In Place.Now for One.Ice Punc is 4X Effective.But Yache Berry weakings its Power.But It has the +ATK from the C-band.For one i would say.....theres a higher chance it WILL OHKO depeding on Evs Ivs.However the Effectivness drop effect alot.To me i would have to say.....70% Yes 30% No.

I ran a damage calc, 252 Attack Jolly CB Weavile Ice Punch OHKOs 4 HP/0 Defense Yache Berry Chomp 100% of the time, not factoring in SR. It even has a chance to OHKO 252 HP Chomp, and you won't be seeing any of those around.

Actually, make that 80%. You guys got to remember Sand Veil!

Anyway, most people seem to forget that Garchomp can switch out. If a Weavile comes in against a Chomp, most players can see an Ice Punch coming from a mile away...and then just switch in a Scizor, who walls and murders Weavile. As you switch out, (are you really keeping Weavile in?) I can use U-Turn or Swords Dance, depending on the situation and my Scizor move-set. I now either got more SR damage and an advantageous switch, or threaten a sweep. If all else fails, I can later bring in Garchomp once Weavile is out of the way. While Weavile can threaten Garchomp, it can usually be beaten with ease by Garchomp's offensive teammates. If Weavile is your only way of dealing with Garchomp...good luck stopping it from sweeping in the end.

I firmly believe Garchomp is Uber. It's not solely because of Sand Veil, or that fact it's uncounterable, or it has a great STAB. It's because of all of these.

Most of Garchomp's "counters" have some flaws with them. For Latias, I can run a Haban Berry, survive your hit, and OHKO back. (Of course, this is assuming you don't run Haban Berry) Weavile is easily defeated by Scizor, who is a good and common teammate for Garchomp. Mamoswine, once again, has issues with Scizor. (Well, Scizor can't comfortably come in on a Mamoswine locked into EQ, but being locked into EQ is attracting a Flying/Levitate Poke) Even then, Mamoswine MUST use Ice Shard, or else Garchomp outspeeds and OHKOs. Skarmory won't be comfortably eating Fire Moves/Boosted Stone Edges. (Not quite sure on the latter, though.) Bronzong has no reliable recovery, can't exactly threaten Garchomp offensively, which means he'll break through eventually. Scizor can't stand in the way of a full health, boosted Garchomp. Need I continue?

If you look at Suspect, Garchomp currently has 79% usage. While Suspect statistics are a bit off from what they would be (considering you are strongly encouraged to use the Suspect), it still shows a rough idea of what might happen. When it comes down to it, teams will end up like:

Lead/Garchomp/Garchomp "Counter"/Garchomp "Counter"/Garchomp "Counter"/Random (Probably another Steel)

Simply put, Garchomp is a bar above your top tier sweeper. It has a nearly-unresisted Offensive STAB. It has defensive stats that top even your generic bulky sweeper. It has no reliable counters. Any counters have a 20% chance of failing. It resists SR. It can't be stopped by Thunder Wave. It is unpredictable with even 6 moves. I can't even say half of those about any other OU sweeper.

Garchomp and Standard do not go well together...and most of the "Garchomp for OU!" arguments could also be applied to Rayquaza...and Rayquaza in OU is rofl.

Oh, and Fun Fact: Any Ice Beam user, without Ice STAB, needs 269 Special Attack to have an 80% chance to OHKO a Garchomp without a Yache Berry.

Ok..One thing.....Whats a Good Ev Spread and Movest For StarMie?Ive been thinking of using it.But what Kind should i use?

Ok..One thing...Whats a Good Ev Spread and Movest For StarMie?Ive been thinking of using it.But what Kind should i use?
Dependent on the set you're going to use. Unless you're going to adopt particular team strategies and gameplan, you should maximize both its Speed and Special Attack, giving the rest to HP (252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 HP). That would be the most effective EV Spread for Starmie.

Blue Thunder said:
Actually, make that 80%. You guys got to remember Sand Veil!

I mean 100% of the time it hits, and some nubs play Chomp without SS.

Ok..One thing...Whats a Good Ev Spread and Movest For StarMie?Ive been thinking of using it.But what Kind should i use?

Depends what you want to use it for. Unless you want it as a Rapid Spinner, it should run 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed, Timid for Specs and LO / Modest for Scarf, Surf / Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | Thunderbolt | Psychic (Specs) / Trick (Scarf) / Recover (LO).

Kevin Garrett said:
My votes:

Garchomp - Uber
Latias - Uber
Manaphy - Uber

^ Agreed except for Latias, Soul Dewless Latias is in no way uber material.

Void has a Point there.If it as aloud with Soul Dew....There goes the Metagame.0.0

Latias can fit into the characteristic of uber if you try. Quite frankly, the metagame has been awful since its appearance.

Latias's continued rise in usage despite the rise in "counters" to it over the same period says something about her abilities in OU tbh. I know it's not everything, but it's definitely a contributing factor.

Latias should not be Uber imo.

Sure, you can calm mind all day long but she is still going to be KO'd by a Physical attack move.
Scizor bullet punch?

Kevin Garrett said:
Great. Ice Shard Rayquaza?

P.S. Scizor Bullet Punch doesn't OHKO. lol

Ice Shard? If your trying to be sarcastic, please stop.

PS. I didnt say it would KO her in 1 attack.

Im saying, latias has inferior def stat. Bullet Punch from scizor will 2HKO her.
Unless choice banded in which case it just might 1HKO her.

You really don't understand tiering is what I'm saying. It is not as simple as saying one thing can revenge kill something. Until you understand tiering, I suggest you don't comment on it. I recommend you read all the bold voting on Smogon where user wrote paragraphs to explain their way of voting. Having lower defenses (and Latias' are good) is not a reason to be in standard play.

And no, Choice Banded Adamant 252 Atk EVs does not OHKO Latias.

Kevin Garrett said:
Latias can fit into the characteristic of uber if you try.

You could say the same about Salamence. But either way yes the metagame sucks with Latias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back