Team Hurricane - The storm is coming | Accepting Applications!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brawler

Pedobear approves
2hhd9xh.png

Team Hurricane
158.png
159.png
160.png

"Can you hear it? The storm is coming!"

Welcome to Team Hurricane!

Before we begin, first thing's first. Let's meet our mascot, shall we?

Our main man, or as we like to call him "the center of our storm", here he is. . . Feraligatr! This massive beast weighs 195 pounds and stands at 7'07" tall! Though he usually moves slow, the second he detects prey he moves at blinding speeds!

Rules:

• All PokeBeach Rules apply. As they're our host site, we do stress that you follow this rule.
  • Don't spam. We want to keep our thread as clean as possible. We want people to pay attention to the current discussion, rather than being disgusted by the amount of spam.
  • All applications are to be PM'ed to me! Any application posted on this thread, will be ignored.
  • Please stay on topic, and keep the discussion going. Our main goal is to be successful, and one of the ways to achieve that is making sure everybody is on the same page.
  • Be respectful of others. This means that you must respect their ideas and opinions.
  • Have fun! We want this to be a fun thread, so just have fun with it!

Applications: (Please keep in mind, that these are to be PM'ed to me!)

Name (optional):
Username:
AIM, Skype, etc.:
TCG Records:
Current Season Record:
Premier Rating:
Placings at Events:
Current Deck(s):
Why you'd like to join (at least 2 sentences):

Members:

Below is a list of all the members on this team, with descriptions under each of them. Regardless of their position, they are to be respected by all. No exceptions!

Leader(s):

The leader can appoint or demote certain members. They have the permission to do anything on the thread.
  • Brawler

Co-Leader(s):

These people are to watch over the thread while the leader is gone. They have the power to appoint people.
  • TofU

Distinguished Members:

These are people appointed by the leader. They have already proven themselves in the Pokemon: TCG.
  • Mudkip
  • Galefail
  • piplup234
  • Nova Zapdos EX

Normal Members:

These are people who hold no power in the thread. They were chosen through an application.
  • The Power of Three
  • Seth1789110
  • PokeKid Brandon
  • Bob Franklin
  • Zangoose
  • PokeChamp
  • Deck Tester
  • tanker
  • Celebi23

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Topic: City Championships. How many do you plan on attending and what will you be playing? Discuss!

Thanks for reading!

RE: Team Hurricane- The storm is coming

*Approved*

Your Evaluation period begins now and will end on 11/21.

As this is a TCG clan, be careful to read this announcement regarding our policy with such.

Congratulations to The Power of Three for being the first person to make it in!

wheee?

Well, I'm wondering what's gonna happen big time at cities. In my area, Salamence lv. x is waaay overhyped. Everybody's going on and on about it, and I wonder whether this will lead to Flygon making a big run at Cities or not. In my area, there's also a bunch of rogue SP decks. It's hard to get a counter to all of them.

Thanks for putting me on the team Jimmy.

I'm really stuck on Gliscor/Spiritomb. Anybody wanna help me with the list? I've hit a dead end.

Seth1789110, congrats! You have made the team.

No problem Brandon. I think 2 Spiritomb is the way to go though.

I've already got my heart set on running three. Reason being, I would like to start with the Spiritomb if anything.

Alright then, you might want to consider 3-3-1 Gliscor then. Also you're going to need Unown G- Gengar loves picking off your powers. I have had to deal with that. :p

3 is definitely the way to go for both the early lock, the turn 2 Gliscor, and the cycling between Gliscor and Spiritomb with Night Slash.

Brandon, lemme see what you have so far for your list. Do you have Mesprits? I forgot them at first as well x.x

Also, thanks, Brawler (Jimmy :p) for adding me.

Edit: woah double ninja'd

Pokemon:

3-3-1 Gliscor
3 Spiritomb
2 Unown Q
2 Unown G
2-2 Claydol
1 Uxie
1 Azelf

=20

...anything else?

-Edit-

Nobody say Moonlight Stadium, please. I've got Unown Q to deal with Spiritomb. I want to be able to have BTS out, that way when I pick up Gliscor, I can pop him right back down.

Hmm, looks good. For the energy I wouldn't go over 12, so there is room for trainers.

Possibly:

5 Fight
4 Call
and a cyclone maybe?

Galefail said:
3 is definitely the way to go for both the early lock, the turn 2 Gliscor, and the cycling between Gliscor and Spiritomb with Night Slash.

Brandon, lemme see what you have so far for your list. Do you have Mesprits? I forgot them at first as well x.x

Also, thanks, Brawler (Jimmy :p) for adding me.

Edit: woah double ninja'd

I concur. 3 is good. :p I haven't, however seen Mesprits teched in to a Gliscor/Tomb deck so far. MOstly in my area, it's Gliscor/Tomb/Mr. Mime [MT and SV]

Thanks for letting me in!

@Tofu: I ran 3, but some people even run 4. You want to MAKE sure you have one at all times, and with 2, its not enough.

@: TPo3: Your best bet against Sally is to run low HP pokemon, but ones that can hit his weakness. A perfect example? Garchomp C. It one shots an active Sally, and 2shots a benched Sally, and since its HP is 110, Sally will have to take a good few turns to get charged up and ready to hit back, and by that time, you will have beaten it into the ground with a combination of Flints+E-gain. Then, Luxray one back up. Lol. But if you don't wanna run SP, then Flygon is a good choice, but be warned, they WILL outspeed you...

Personally, these are my options:

P(alkia)LOCK
Gengar variant(Haven't decided on one yet)
Machamp
Gechamp
Flygon variants(Maybeeee)
Rogue
Speedrill

So I will have 4 choices, and each BR I will be running a different deck.

Edit: I got ninja'd I guess

Brawler said:
Hmm, looks good. For the energy I wouldn't go over 12.

I wouldn't go over 10 for that matter.

6 Fighting
4 Call

That should do the trick.

Ahh yes Brandon, Mime MT is a good choice. Annoy the Gyarados decks to death :p Also anything with 1-2 energy dosen't like Mime much.

Augh. See now a lot of people don't add Mesprit because they're like "ohh well I don't need Mesprit it takes up space bwah", but really, on turn 3 you should have Gliscor Lv.X active, and on turn 4, after whatever special conditions are off, you hit them with Night Slash and turn into Spiritomb for lock. If Night Slash with Pluspowers/Expert Belt didn't kill them, Mesprit will stop them from Cosmicing or using Set Up, so that way with Spiritomb's body they won't be able to do ANYTHING. Then, oh, I don't know, retreat Spiritomb, bring up Gliscor, SSU Mesprit or whatever if you want, do whatever you want, but make sure you have... maybe 2 Mesprit in there? Mr. Mime also helps a lot against Gyarados if you want to add that.

Energy:

5 Fighting
4 Call
2 Cyclone orrrrrrr Warp, both are good.

Brawler said:
Ahh yes Brandon, Mime MT is a good choice. Annoy the Gyarados decks to death :p

Gyarados isn't even relevant with my metagame anymore. Quite honestly, my whole Seniors metagame is Gengar.

Mr. Mime would be a good idea, however that's not the point. I would much rather have that constant Trainer lock than the stall factor of it.

2 Cyclone/Warp? Please explain. I wouldn't definitely wanna let them die due to Special Conditions rather than giving them the free switch quite honestly. :/

Mesprit sounds good. I think 2 is fine.

For trainers, don't play many. I'd go supporter heavy and a few stadiums.

EDIT: Welcome PokeKid Brandon!

TofU is going to help me make the front page look nice, should be done tomorrow.

Yeah with Spiritomb you don't need too many trainers at all. 3 Roseanne's, 2 Bebe's, 1 Luxury Ball is fine. 2-3 Broken Time-Space (depending how afraid of Flygon you are) are optimal. Pluspower and Expert Belt are definitely necessary. 80 for Night Slash, untouchable by Gengar, Flygon needs full evolved bench to OHKO it (although it shouldn't be your active on your opponent's turn generally), I mean, way too good to pass up.

Brawler said:
Mesprit sounds good. I think 2 is fine.

For trainers, don't play many. I'd go supporter heavy and a few stadiums.

I'm planning on going Supporter heavy. I'm going to need SSU obviously. My stadiums are going to be 2 BTS, 1 Moonlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back