Team Aqua Grunt and Team Magma Grunt Promos [1/16]

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
Not really sure how good these cards are. For our current format, they're honestly pretty bad. However, once major draw supporters like N and Colress rotate, I could see these becoming pretty strong. 4 from the deck is pretty good!

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Even when our main draw supporters rotate, I just don't see these being played. They're just completely outclassed by Professor Birch's Observations, unless you want to use Team Magma Grunt to discard Fire Energy to use with Camerupt/Claydol.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I was a bit disappointed was I saw these; they're nearly the same as Plasma Grunts, just slightly different :/

Mr.Muffin

Cooler than Everyone who is less Cool than Me!
I could see this used in night march. Discard a lampent get plus 3 card, and you could stumble on a couple other stuff like ultra ball or battle compressor. It isn't good, but it could be used. Just use Juniper.

Night March: Where horrible cards are actually used.

masterryanx

N
It's not really a big deal, but I find the illustrator credit incredibly strange. It's clearly Yusuke Ohmura's work, why not credit him for it like on every other card?

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
masterryanx said:
It's not really a big deal, but I find the illustrator credit incredibly strange. It's clearly Yusuke Ohmura's work, why not credit him for it like on every other card?

I think it may just be a scenario where two different artists worked on either gender version. Or a colorist. Yusuke Ohmura is no longer the only one drawing trainers. Strange that there isn't credit to either of them, but I think they wanted to avoid long artist credit because it would mess with the spacing.

As for the cards, It's too bad they're not different in any way. I can see how this works out for Team Magma decks, but not Team Aqua decks.