Team Aqua Grunt and Team Magma Grunt Promos [1/16]

Not really sure how good these cards are. For our current format, they're honestly pretty bad. However, once major draw supporters like N and Colress rotate, I could see these becoming pretty strong. 4 from the deck is pretty good!

Even when our main draw supporters rotate, I just don't see these being played. They're just completely outclassed by Professor Birch's Observations, unless you want to use Team Magma Grunt to discard Fire Energy to use with Camerupt/Claydol.

I was a bit disappointed was I saw these; they're nearly the same as Plasma Grunts, just slightly different :/

I could see this used in night march. Discard a lampent get plus 3 card, and you could stumble on a couple other stuff like ultra ball or battle compressor. It isn't good, but it could be used. Just use Juniper.

Night March: Where horrible cards are actually used.

It's not really a big deal, but I find the illustrator credit incredibly strange. It's clearly Yusuke Ohmura's work, why not credit him for it like on every other card?

masterryanx said:
It's not really a big deal, but I find the illustrator credit incredibly strange. It's clearly Yusuke Ohmura's work, why not credit him for it like on every other card?

I think it may just be a scenario where two different artists worked on either gender version. Or a colorist. Yusuke Ohmura is no longer the only one drawing trainers. Strange that there isn't credit to either of them, but I think they wanted to avoid long artist credit because it would mess with the spacing.

As for the cards, It's too bad they're not different in any way. I can see how this works out for Team Magma decks, but not Team Aqua decks.

Back