TDK (Thundurus EX / Deoxys EX / Kyurem)

RE: Plasma (Thundurus EX / Deoxys EX / Kyurem)

scizorlicious said:
He's saying that plasma with lasers would win. I wouldn't say it would almost always win a bo3, as there's enough luck in the mirror that can really go either way, but it would have a distinct advantage.

On the other hand, if the other Plasma ran Silver Mirror in lieu of lasers, it would be significantly more even.

Oh, okay. If that's the case, "every time" has already been proven wrong. In the Klazsynski open, there was a recorded game of Plasma with Lasers and Plasma with Bangles and the Lasers one.

Dialga EX is a fun tech for the Lugia EX oriented version of this deck.

camoclone said:

Sure fun, but not really competitive. He's an energy hog, plus he needs all plasma to be useful. If you have that many energy on a pokemon you're better off it being lugia, or even a 4 energy thundurus would be better IMO.

Plasma (Thundurus EX / Deoxys EX / Kyurem)

Aggressiv said:
camoclone said:

Sure fun, but not really competitive. He's an energy hog, plus he needs all plasma to be useful. If you have that many energy on a pokemon you're better off it being lugia, or even a 4 energy thundurus would be better IMO.

He 1-shots BKEX and Kyurem... He isn't used to mill and only works if you are already running Lugia EX.

camoclone said:
Aggressiv said:

He 1-shots BKEX and Kyurem... He isn't used to mill and only works if you are already running Lugia EX.

To 1-shot Kyurem you need 4 Deoxys, if you don't play Lasers. As for the Black Kyurem EX, that job can do it better a Kyurem with a Bangle and 3 Deoxys.

Kingslayer said:
camoclone said:

To 1-shot Kyurem you need 4 Deoxys, if you don't play Lasers. As for the Black Kyurem EX, that job can do it better a Kyurem with a Bangle and 3 Deoxys.

Weakness... Also Kyurem can't do better VS Black Kyurem due to Dialga being able to 1-shot with less resources.

Kyurem's weak to Metal, only White Kyurems and Black Kyurems are Dragon weak.

Also, Kyurem doesn't necessarily do worse against BKEX as Kyurem doesn't give up an easy two prizes (forces them to at least burn a Catcher to KO an EX, and if they do that, they leave your attacker alone). Also, 4 energy is a lot worse than 3 and everything else that Kyurem needs for the OHKO can be played in a single turn. Yes, you can Colress Machine to Dialga more, but you're hardly ever going to pull off more than 2 in a turn anyway.

camoclone said:
Kingslayer said:

Weakness... Also Kyurem can't do better VS Black Kyurem due to Dialga being able to 1-shot with less resources.

Ok, but you need more resources (4 Deoxys or 3 Deoxys and 1 Laser for example) to one-shot Kyurem. Against a BKEX, Dialga maybe will work, but against all other match ups is a waste of space in my opinion.

Kingslayer said:
camoclone said:

Ok, but you need more resources (4 Deoxys or 3 Deoxys and 1 Laser for example) to one-shot Kyurem. Against a BKEX, Dialga maybe will work, but against all other match ups is a waste of space in my opinion.

^This

Not to mention you won't always have 4 plasma energy availiable to mill if you want to take that route. 4 for 90 is pretty bad, and unless the meta becomes really dragon oriented I don't think this is the play.

Never said it was amazing... I just said it was a fun tech.

Aggressiv said:
Sure fun, but not really competitive.

You debated that he had a place in meta decks because of his positive dragon type matchup with BKEX. He could totally be fun, but you were trying to come from a fun standpoint with him, as well as a competitive standpoint. Dialga is simply 1 and not the other.

Aggressiv said:
Aggressiv said:
Sure fun, but not really competitive.

You debated that he had a place in meta decks because of his positive dragon type matchup with BKEX. He could totally be fun, but you were trying to come from a fun standpoint with him, as well as a competitive standpoint. Dialga is simply 1 and not the other.
I debated that he was decent -_-.

This is the list I've been using:

3 Kyurem Plasma
2 Thundurus EX
4 Deoxys EX
1 Landorus Plasma
1 Keldeo EX

4 Professor Juniper
2 Colress
2 N
2 Skyla
1 Ghetsis

1 Dowsing Machine

4 Colress Machine
1 Max Potion
2 Float Stone
2 Switch
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
3 Pokémon Catcher
2 Team Plasma Ball
2 Ultra Ball
2 Tool Scrapper

2 Virbank City Gym
1 Frozen City

4 Plasma Energy
4 Water Energy
1 Lightning Energy
3 Prism Energy

If you're posting lists, please have it add to the discussion in some way...

I'm wondering, are there any good techs for VirGen decks, Darkrai, and so on out there for this deck? I know there's a counter towards itself... run Keldeo, but still.

Daenordus said:
I'm wondering, are there anygood techs for VirGen decks, Darkrai, and so on out there for th is de ck?I know there's a counter towards itself... run Keldeo, but still.

The Plasma Landorus is probably pretty good against Darkrai, but I haven't tested it, because it's super hard to find. As for Vir/Gen, pretty much any Plasma Fire type will help you out a lot.

Four Arms said:
Daenordus said:
I'm wondering, are there anygood techs for VirGen decks, Darkrai, and so on out there for th is de ck?I know there's a counter towards itself... run Keldeo, but still.

The Plasma Landorus is probably pretty good against Darkrai, but I haven't tested it, because it's super hard to find. As for Vir/Gen, pretty much any Plasma Fire type will help you out a lot.

I'de disagree. Plasma landorus is really energy hungry and can be a pain to setup, and needless to say the plasma fire types are pretty shitty. I'de say your best bet against darkrai garbodor is putting in a basic energy line instead of blends. Either 1-2 or 2-3 lightning water is a solid bet against enhanced hammers. As for Virgen it's just a tough matchup if they run drifblim. Try to keep special energy out of your discard with thundurus, if you can take any drifloons out of play before they evolve too that's good. If you can do that it should be about even, but IMO plasma has a much more consistent start than virgen a lot of the time, and early pressure/t1 attacks always sucks to be on the recieving end of.

Aggressiv said:
I'de disagree. Plasma landorus is really energy hungry and can be a pain to setup

I wasn't talking about Rock Tomb, if that's what you're thinking. Extrasensory does a lot of damage to Darkrai with a Bangle, and one shot's it if you have a Deoxys in play.

Aggressiv said:
... and needless to say the plasma fire types are pretty shitty.

I kinda like Heatran, but I remember what happened last time someone brought up Heatran, so I'm not even going to try to argue on that one.

But I agree on the Basic Energy thing. Replacing a lot of your Special Energy with Basic Lightning and Water helps a lot against Darkrai/Garbodor and Vir/Gen/Drifblim.

Four Arms said:
Aggressiv said:
I'de disagree. Plasma landorus is really energy hungry and can be a pain to setup

I wasn't talking about Rock Tomb, if that's what you're thinking. Extrasensory does a lot of damage to Darkrai with a Bangle, and one shot's it if you have a Deoxys in play.

Yeah Landorous is good especially if you play Absol and one of the "other blends". Other then that I wouldn't run it.

Four Arms said:
Aggressiv said:

Aggressiv said:
... and needless to say the plasma fire types are pretty shitty.

I kinda like Heatran, but I remember what happened last time someone brought up Heatran, so I'm not even going to try to argue on that one.

But I agree on the Basic Energy thing. Replacing a lot of your Special Energy with Basic Lightning and Water helps a lot against Darkrai/Garbodor and Vir/Gen/Drifblim.

What about Moltres or Moltres EX? Would that be a good tech for VirGen? The latter can abuse colress machine and Thundurus's Raiden Knuckle.

Back