TDK (Thundurus EX / Deoxys EX / Kyurem)

RE: Plasma Box (Thundurus EX / Deoxys EX with attackers and techs)

This a good example of how one post is taken out of context and then becomes a drawn out argument which usually consists of nitpicking subsequent posts. Lets put an end to this off-topic posts and start talking about plasma box.

I d rather read more about the upcoming meta than argue about what is about to be an old meta.

Nothing was taken out of context; you basically stated your deck has three Landorus therefore it eats Darkrai alive. I'm saying not necessarily. Talking about counters to Plasmabox, The Garbodor variant you mentioned would actually probably be a better counter to counter Plasmabox AND stay above water with other match ups (Blastoise, Klinklang). You still have Big Basics to worry about, but nothing has flawless match ups. We'll see what the meta's like when the new set hits.

So, just to be absolutely clear, Deoxys's attack does not get boosted by other Benched Deoxys's Power Connect. I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but I heard several people saying it does and claiming to be looking at the scans.

Mora said:
So, just to be absolutely clear, Deoxys's attack does not get boosted by other Benched Deoxys's Power Connect. I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but I heard several people saying it does and claiming to be looking at the scans.

Just to expand/give an explanation on this Deoxys Ability states Your Team Plasma Pokémon's attacks (excluding Deoxys-EX) do 10 more damage to the Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance). So benched Deoxys don't boost an active deoxys' attack

And now you are warming up to the Lando Ex/Coba Ex combo =p Just add a touch of Garbodor then voila! =p I would still want to playtest it with Shaymin EX to see if it works. I'd rather play test it and see for myself if it doesnt work.

For the record it was Blah who said Darkrai would eat my build and not the other way around ( but you seem to be a better reader than me) and that's how the ensuing offtopic mumbo jumbo got propagated.

miniman said:
Just to expand/give an explanation on this Deoxys Ability states Your Team Plasma Pokémon's attacks (excluding Deoxys-EX) do 10 more damage to the Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance). So benched Deoxys don't boost an active deoxys' attack

Thanks for the clarification!

RobertBenjamin said:
For the record it was Blah who said Darkrai would eat my build and not the other way around

Oh, well sorry if I misquoted you :p

Guilty as charged.

Now get back on topic before I eat all of you >:0

Looks like the other decks aside from Plasma Box that will see play in week of 1 of battle rounds would be :

Plasmaklang
Blastoise Black Kyurem Keldeo
Darkrai Hammers
Garbodor Variants

What do think will be the optimal Plasma Box Pokemon line-up for week 1?

51-drifblim.jpg

counter tech I guess or lose but we have to remember that deoxys attack can be played with since it only does +30 damage for every energy you have on your defending pokemon its not mewtwo ex people. I mean its very fast and I get that, and the energy excel with Thundurus is nice but as the format changes decks we already know and love will change with it.

I can already see keldeo blastoise dying not being able to keep up speed wise and deoxys just kills it if they attach more energy to keldeo then 4 maybe we can look forward to black kyurem ex focused blastoise decks who knows.
Darkrai players will probably switch over to a more hammer style just as they already have a good resistance and it wont change much in the deck.
Elektrik variants im on the fence about. If they survive early game then ok zekrom EX looks to be great again.
garbodor/landorus will probably be BDIF since "I" believe Keldeo blastoise decks will be not as well represented.

yeaaaay late night rambles.

Mr.Ferrari said:
51-drifblim.jpg

counter tech I guess or lose but we have to remember that deoxys attack can be played with since it only does +30 damage for every energy you have on your defending pokemon its not mewtwo ex people. I mean its very fast and I get that, and the energy excel with Thundurus is nice but as the format changes decks we already know and love will change with it.

I can already see keldeo blastoise dying not being able to keep up speed wise and deoxys just kills it if they attach more energy to keldeo then 4 maybe we can look forward to black kyurem ex focused blastoise decks who knows.
Darkrai players will probably switch over to a more hammer style just as they already have a good resistance and it wont change much in the deck.
Elektrik variants im on the fence about. If they survive early game then ok zekrom EX looks to be great again.
garbodor/landorus will probably be BDIF since "I" believe Keldeo blastoise decks will be not as well represented.

yeaaaay late night rambles.

First people are forget something called Absol and it is Team Plasma, tech against tech, other thing is Tool Scrapper, another thing is Landuros is more slow than Kyurem and takes OHKO t2, you can loock abilitys and is a kinda useless with weakness x2

In one of the japanese blogs, a deck with lando ex and drifblim was featured. However, plasma decks that utilize less special energy was able to counter it.

RobertBenjamin said:
In one of the japanese blogs, a deck with lando ex and drifblim was featured. However, plasma decks that utilize less special energy was able to counter it.
Can you link that blog?

It's in the PGCN website. Its a weird list that even involved Audino from shiny collection.

Which Set is that Audino in in English? BCR? That would be even odd.

It's not in an English set, and the person is clearly not right in the mind if they designed it to be a competitive deck. Shiny Collection Audino is one of the worst cards in the format.

I am not a japanese speaker so take the translation with a grain of salt.When you clicked the Audino link it showed the shiny collection audino. It is possible the deck used a different audino like the BCR one. Or it must be a personal joke. Another inconsistency in the list was the presence of 4 plasma balls when the deck had no team plasma pokemon at all. Stuff sometimes gets lost in translation...

But if you want a skeleton he had :

4 Landorus EX
3-3 Drifblim line
4 Enhanced Hammers

Its up to you to complete the deck with your own personal taste.

There are very few Team Plasma lists available in Japan blogs and these had plasma kyurem as the main focus with less special energy or were variants with Absol instead of Lugia and Snorlax. They seem to like Float Stone a lot though, the lists had 3 switches, 2 Float Stones.

Also keep in mind that there weren't any Battle Carnivals in Japan when their format was BW to their equivalent of Plamsa Freeze. Most of the lists you will see would have only been used in Shop tournaments.

Nonetheless, the key is to playtest and not be dismissive. See for yourself if the build works by playing it.

I really think thunduras won't be good. Kuyrem will be great though

Out of all the attackers in Team Plasma Deck (Thundurus/Deoxys/Lugia/Kyurem/Snorlax.) The one that scares me the most is that Snorlax they can Scramble Switch into it, N you to one, and then hit for 200 over and over.

EmmetCHH22 said:
I really think thunduras won't be good. Kuyrem will be great though

Could you give us your reason why you don't think Thundurus will be good. It has the ability to accelerate special energy and can hit for 70 turn one, furthermore it has the plasma engine behind it.

Really I can´t find that site on google.... I never was good find Japan stuff... Thudurus will be good in some situacions not all the time, If they want play Drifblim and landuros it´s fine, because after Kyurem damage Land, Ligia can OHKO it for 3 prizes, they have to set up 1 stage 1 and Absol can clean it up since T1, and is clear there are to many Special Energies on Esa list so I have been testing since it, and I have a variant that Lugias can OHKO to 190 in T2, T3 for 6 prizes.

Back