TCG Theorymon Exercises - Week 14

The Yoshi

Wumbo
Hey everyone. After seeing the VG Theorymon exercises done by [member]Bippa[/member], I decided it would be interesting to see views of various members of how a certain aspect of the TCG can be improved, such as a card or a part of the TCG in general.

Rules:

1) Say what's on your mind, but don't troll. People can tell that advice is legit, even if they don't agree with it.

2) Say as much as you want! There's no limit on how many aspects you would like to see changed, and that shouldn't hold you back from providing multiple pieces of advice.

3) If you disagree with a member, don't flame.

So here's the card we'll be working on.

19-ninetales.jpg

Make your changes assuming you could take the card, use Wite-Out on anything you wanted, and change it. Begin!

Honestly this card isn't too bad once Virbank City Gym comes out; the main problem is missing an Amoonguss drop. What'd I'd do is change the ability to Catchering up a Pokemon and burning the new Defending Pokemon too. This makes sense with its type and gives it the ability to OHKO an EX by dropping Ninetales, Amoonguss, one Fire Energy, and anything to get the new Ninetales active (assuming your active isn't already a Ninetales). The weakness of this is that Ninetales has a mere 90 hp and once the deck cannot keep dropping new Amoonguss and Ninetales, it runs out of steam.

i think this pokemon is perfect just the way it is imo. but i think if it had 0 retreat cost it would be even cooler.

I'm gonna give two little advice things... One of them makes it the Luxray X of the century the other one is a little bit more legit.

• Change it's HP from 40 to 130
  • Change it's ability from "When you evolve this pokemon yadda yadda yadda" to "Once during your turn (before you attack) switch your opponets active pokemon with his or her benched pokemon of your choice.
  • Make another attack that says {R}{R}" The defending pokemon is now Paralyzed, Poisoned, and Confused, flip a coin if tail shuffle Ninetales and all cards attached to it into your deck
  • Give it free retreat
  • Make it have no Weakness but a resistence to Metal (for a trololololol)

Yeah, the new BCIF.

• Give it free retreat
  • Give it 130 HP

Giving it more HP actually makes it worse for one reason, Level Ball. Honestly, the ONLY thing I would change, is the attack would be 40+. Other than that, he's solid.

The problem is, would you rather have to use Ultra Ball/Pokemon Communication to get him, or him getting OHKO'd by everything after he deals damage? Without the HP he's just much to frail.

Back