TCG Discussion - Please Read Before Posting in this Forum!

RE: TCG Discussion

I never got into the whole battling aspect of the TCG but when I did start thinking of getting into it, my mind was blown once I found out you can only use cards from certain sets and what not. So my question is were these "limits" always in place and if not, when did it kick in?

what are the odds of getting an SL pokemon in COL set? is it as rare as the * pokemon from the ex series? Thanks!

@ForeignDude: These limits (creating what's known as the Modified Format) have been in place for years– the first time cards were limited was when Team Rocket-on was created (sometime around 2001 or 2002, I believe). However, the cards you aren't allowed to use changes, usually every year. Right now, the Modified Format includes any cards from HeartGold & SoulSilver and newer (Unleashed, Undaunted, Triumphant, Call of Legends, Black & White, and Emerging Powers). You can also use some promos, which I believe are HGSS01 and newer.

Ok, I've recently had a good idea. Not original, but I want to pursue it.

Anyone ever heard of the story "A Red Paper Clip to a House"? No? Well, to sum it up real fast, a man had started out with a red paper clip, nothing special about it, and through a series (and by a series I mean a lot) of trades, he eventually got a new house. In retrospect, he practically traded from a red paperclip, to a house.

So, I'm thinking of doing this, but with Pokemon Cards. I know there's a game that people play at large events like Nationals or Worlds where you get a group of people, all starting with the same card (usually a common, nothing too great, like a Magicarp), and in Xx amount of time, see who can trade up to a higher value card. But I want to try and do it through Pokebeach/my local league and record all the trades I make, leading up to whatever I end up stopping at.

Anyone think people would be interested in following something like this?

Darkvoid57 said:
Ok, I've recently had a good idea. Not original, but I want to pursue it.

Anyone ever heard of the story "A Red Paper Clip to a House"? No? Well, to sum it up real fast, a man had started out with a red paper clip, nothing special about it, and through a series (and by a series I mean a lot) of trades, he eventually got a new house. In retrospect, he practically traded from a red paperclip, to a house.

So, I'm thinking of doing this, but with Pokemon Cards. I know there's a game that people play at large events like Nationals or Worlds where you get a group of people, all starting with the same card (usually a common, nothing too great, like a Magicarp), and in Xx amount of time, see who can trade up to a higher value card. But I want to try and do it through Pokebeach/my local league and record all the trades I make, leading up to whatever I end up stopping at.

Anyone think people would be interested in following something like this?

I would follow it, because I want to do one of my own. Hopefully at Nats or Regionals

I'd definitely follow it. The problem is it does take a lot of time to trade up, so the value is partially because of the work you put into trading it. I'd like to see Magikarp to Yanmega, though (if it were at all possible; I'd imagine you'd have to trade a Rare or something for several Commons and then work up through the chain again to trade several Super-Rares for Yanmega or something)– that would be the ultimatum of Pokémon trade-ups, at least for right now.

Scizorliscious said:
I'd definitely follow it. The problem is it does take a lot of time to trade up, so the value is partially because of the work you put into trading it. I'd like to see Magikarp to Yanmega, though (if it were at all possible; I'd imagine you'd have to trade a Rare or something for several Commons and then work up through the chain again to trade several Super-Rares for Yanmega or something)– that would be the ultimatum of Pokémon trade-ups, at least for right now.

I'd love to be able to do it with just 1 card, and magikarp was actually what I was thinking of. I'll probably start with one, work as far up as I can get, but I feel that it'd probably be necessary to split it up into multiple cards eventually to get to something like a Yanmega

okay sweet, I got my magikarp. Anyone wanna trade a yanmega for it.

Oh wait, you do? Okay.

Done.

^Easy!

I heard that Battle Roads in Florida were around September 17th, does anyone know dates and times for specific locations? (more so around Port Saint Lucie, Palm City, Palm Bay and Melbourne)

Shining Rotom said:
How about the trainer kits, any new info?

According to Troll and Toad, they've been delayed (again) until the end of this month.

Pretty sure it's from September 15th to October 17th, approximately. My dates might be wrong, but all BRs are in-between these times.

Furn said:
Only two days after HB/PD?

My poor wallet

I know, right? All of these TCG products are comming out really fast... I am saving up for Hail Blizzard/Psycho Drive, and now we have Noble Victories, etc coming out soon! Good thing the holiday's are coming soon, and my birthday is also around the corner!

Time to bring some life to this thread.

Who else thinks alot of the cards in HB/PD are broken beyond broken?!

Back