TCG Discussion - Please Read Before Posting in this Forum!

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Appropriate Topics for the TCG Discussion thread:

Specific Threads Designated for These Topics:
All of these topics have a limited discussion value. If you want to commend on any of these topics, use these threads instead of making a new one. I will not warn for the revival of these, and only these, threads. Do not post posts related to these topics in the TCG Discussion thread.

Collector's Showcase - Please try to post a picture! Thread
The "Merchandise Help" Thread
The "I Pulled Something Cool Topic
The ''How much is a card worth?'' Topic
The Pull Rates Thread
The "What Should I buy?" thread
Pokémon Promo Cards v.3. *For all of your Eng & Jp Pokémon TCG Promo Needs! NOW WITH SCANS!*
New Errors and Misprints Thread

The TCG Discussion thread is for the posting of topics with limited discussion value for topics that do not fit in the above categories. Simple questions (yes or no questions or questions that can be answered in a few sentences) that do not warrant their own thread also belong in the TCG Discussion thread. Topics that do not below in the TCG Discussion thread are topics such as set speculation. All questions on card rulings belong in the Card Rulings & Game Mechanic Forum

If you have any questions, PM [smod]omahanime[/smod] or any other TCG mod.

(Approved by omahanime)

RE: TCG Discussion

Calendar

Dragons Exalted’ One-Pack Blister August 15, 2012 ‘Dragons Exalted’ One-Pack Blister Features Excadrill
September Gym Challenge Promos September 2012 September Gym Challenge Promos – New Wartortle and Flygon
Zapdos-EX and Moltres-EX Featured in October’s Kyurem Battle Strength Decks October 19 2012 Zapdos-EX and Moltres-EX Featured in October’s Kyurem Battle Strength Decks
Boundaries Crossed November 7, 2012 Release Date for America’s BW7 Set
November’s English Set: ‘Boundaries Crossed’
Images of ‘Boundaries Crossed’ Booster Packs, Theme Decks + Kyurem Boxes
‘Boundaries Crossed’ Blister Pack Promos, Kyurem Boxes Cancelled
BW7 Plasma Gang’s Power Deck November 7, 2012 BW7 Plasma Gang’s Power Deck Revealed: New Plasma Mechanic
BW54 Pikachu and BW55 Elgyem November 7, 2012 BW54 Pikachu and BW55 Elgyem in ‘Boundaries Crossed’ Two-Pack Blisters
‘Team Plasma Gift Set,’ ‘Exciting Battles for Everyone’ Decks November 16, 2012 New ‘Team Plasma Gift Set,’ ‘Exciting Battles for Everyone’ Decks in November
BW8 ‘Spiral Force’ and ‘Thunder Knuckle’ December 14, 2012 Japan’s December Sets: BW8 ‘Spiral Force’ and ‘Thunder Knuckle’
First BW8 ‘Spiral Force’ and ‘Thunder Knuckle’ Details
Metagross BW8 Box Promo December 14, 2012 Metagross BW8 Box Promo
Shiny Collection February 1, 2013 Japan’s February Mini-Set: ‘Shiny Collection’

updated 2012-10-28

TCG Discussion

Your one stop thread for TCG discussion and questioning and answering.​

Post #1 is an index to the more popular threads, so if you looking for something particular, you can come here!
Post #2 is a calender of upcoming TCG releases.

If you have something that isn't covered by one of the major threads, this is a good place to bring it up. Thanks for visiting and have fun. This thread is for miscellaneous discussion, simple questions and topics that have limited discussion value.

I have a card question. What is the difference between a rare and a rare holo, or a holo and a rare holo? Is there a way to tell the difference?

Something that's rare has a star in the lower right-hand corner rather than a diamond or a circle. Anything holo has holographic (shiny) art on the picture. Something that combines the two is a rare holo.

One thing I miss about WOTC, is you don't see promos in magazines any more.

Ya....those were the best. I have a question since this is the "Ask anything TCG" thread

How hard is it to pull a * card? Is it like the Alph's, where its like 1/114 packs....or is it like a EX?

Lugia ex said:
What do you mean?

WOTC used to release promos in magazines like Top Deck, Nintendo Power, and Wizards.

omahanime said:
One thing I miss about WOTC, is you don't see promos in magazines any more.

Yeah, true promotional cards like magazine giveaways are pretty much nonexistent now. You rarely ever see any sort of promos outside of OP or boxed sets/blisters at retailers.

catutie said:
Ya....those were the best. I have a question since this is the "Ask anything TCG" thread

How hard is it to pull a * card? Is it like the Alph's, where its like 1/114 packs....or is it like a EX?

>_> It's like I never said anything at all...can I get an answer? XD

^I don't think we have any information on that yet. I would assume so though; it seems to be what they've been doing, no?

@catutie, I'm afraid I don't know. I wasn't even playing Pokémon when the * Pokémon were released.

Scizorliscious said:
^I don't think we have any information on that yet. I would assume so though; it seems to be what they've been doing, no?

Er.....uh....go pick up a BW theme deck...no pack in it xD

Really? My bad then– I wasn't aware that they had stopped doing that. I don't bother with the theme decks; I'll blame it on that.

But that is the ONLY set that does that sooo....yaaaa it might just be a 'special' set that is to good to have a booster with it...cause you know the theme decks are SO good >_>

Does anyone have or know where to find a list of all the secret/ultra rare Pokemon cards released in every set in English?

Back