News Tapu Lele-GX in 'Island Guardians-GX Premium Collection' This Fall!

jigglysama

Aspiring Trainer
Finally I can get Tapu Fini GX (the only Tapu GX I don't have). And glad that the Lele I pulled is the Rainbow Rare one. -w-

PS: Promo Lele GX art is miles better than the regular one, wow.

Connor Ritter

TCG Player
Advanced Member
It's great seeing a promo Lele to increase availability, but the real question is will it have a promo number or be labeled an alternate? Fingers crossed for a promo number to extend its Standard format lifespan and value.

Nyora

A Cat
Hold on let me try and understand you people. You complain that you can’t afford Lele (which you can get for $35) but now that it’s in a box that costs at minimum $40 you are excited to be able to have access to one? Hmmmmmmmmm (insert thinking face emoji here)
The card itself will be way less than $40, and the box also gives you Fini and a bunch of packs and a box

Pelendones

Aspiring Trainer
I am sorry for asking, but I am quite new to the Pokemon TCG. Does this mean it is a reprint and most likely increases the card to survive 1 more rotation or is the set where it originally came from used for a rotation?

Edit: Just read the paragraph in the article and I think I now understand it better.

SubApathy

Team Rocket
Tapu Lele GX will only be around until next September...so, the Pokemon Company probably just wants to make a little more money on the popularity of a coveted card. A smart business decision.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Update: The European version of the box will also come with a colorful playmat featuring all four Island Guardians and a bright metallic Tapu Lele coin. It will also come with eight booster packs.

Kashvinder Mann

Aspiring Trainer
Wouldn't mind getting the newer Lele, looks way better than the older one but only if it's a promo. If not, at least I can buy a Lele for a cheaper price now. The playmat collection sounds really cool though.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Not surprised that Lele got a reprint. I think the extra run of Roaring Skies made it pretty clear they knew they screwed up with Shaymin-EX. (It's also possible they opted not to reprint Shaymin since the alternate art promos weren't a thing yet, and it would've kept Shaymin in format longer.) I was always expecting a Lele reprint about a year or so after it first dropped.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Lele is about $30 on ebay. So this seems like TPCi is actually figuring market value of the lele into the price of this box which seems like something they have been against historically (like reprinting Roaring Skies for example).

Geeze, I see a rainbow rare, buy it now for $45. This box seems way over priced.

starg09

Aspiring Trainer
Geeze, I see a rainbow rare, buy it now for $45. This box seems way over priced.

I mean, it's as much as the Ultra Beast Premium Collection last year... So not really, pricing sounds par for the course considering all the other stuff it comes with.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
I mean, it's as much as the Ultra Beast Premium Collection last year... So not really, pricing sounds par for the course considering all the other stuff it comes with.
Only the EU one comes with a mat though, unless I'm missing something.

EDIT: Ok, I see NA is getting it too. Nice! Ok, that's better.

Last edited: