TAG TEAM Pokemon-GX Revealed -- "Pikachu & Zekrom-GX!'

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Could someone please explain why it’s weak to fighting? Just to balance the card so it won’t be too OP?
Electric Pokémon in the TCG have almost always been weak to Fighting. In the video games, Electric Pokemon are weak to Ground, which is translated to Fighting in the TCG

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Here’s a Tag Team mechanic question: The Tag Team Pokémon are always the same type, as far as we know. But, will it use official typing or TCG typing? In other words, could we have a Groudon/Machamp Tag Team because they’re both fighting types in the TCG?

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Maybe I can get a Vaporeon and Pidgeot tag team card. I made one before and it looked cool. Never thought they would do something like this.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Is this news? Let's Go represents a new mainline game as much as Nintendo originally marketed Pokémon Colosseum as a new mainline game. i.e. it's not.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Is this news? Let's Go represents a new mainline game as much as Nintendo originally marketed Pokémon Colosseum as a new mainline game. i.e. it's not.
I mean, I personally had no doubts it would continue, but many fans don't follow these things that closely.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
That's fair. For me it's not news because even though at this point it is wholly unprecedented that they haven't decided to introduce a 'breakpoint' in the TCG sets like what PCG was to ADV, or what DPPt was to DP, etc., in some sense that's what the USUM sets have been, they just decided not to reset the set numbering system.

I reckon at this point in SM's 'block' we're essentially in a third-stage 'LEGEND'-esque era, but these sorts of thing haven't ~always~ lined up with the video games that well. The precedent exists, yeah, but it's not a consistent one, and it would've been weirder if they used these weird sidegames/remakes to reset.

EDIT: the point being, of course, you're right – most folks aren't going to be following along this closely.

momand

Aspiring Trainer
Still, this tag team stuff looks ridiculous. Gonna break the game, unless they create a good counter
Ultra Necrozma can easily OHKO with 3 Psychic Energy, and Buzzwole, although it loses a lot after rotation, can still counter it very easily

The only real way I see this specific Tag Team working is this:
-> Bench and use Zeraora's GX attack, putting 3 on it and 2 on the active Zeraora
-> Bench another Zeraora GX, and power that one up with the Tag Team, hopefully not getting OHKO'd after this turn
-> Acerola Tag Team, never use again

Wechselbalg

brb
The problem is not that these tag teams are OP, but rather the fact that this is the sign of a ridicolous power creep that is to come in the future - I mean, three prizes for 1 KO? That's half of your prizes right there. And who knows, this might just be one of the worse tag team cards.
Plus it's not exactly a very imaginative idea either as far as new game mechanics are concerned.

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
The problem is not that these tag teams are OP, but rather the fact that this is the sign of a ridicolous power creep that is to come in the future - I mean, three prizes for 1 KO? That's half of your prizes right there. And who knows, this might just be one of the worse tag team cards.
Plus it's not exactly a very imaginative idea either as far as new game mechanics are concerned.
I think it depends on how you define imaginative.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Considering it's a pretty mediocre card, it's always possible that his will be the best of the tag team cards and no power creep will occur

Cybno

Aspiring Trainer
They'll print one broken Tag Teamer and insta "OH fudge EVERYONE IS ABUSING THIS NOW"

Wechselbalg

brb
I think it depends on how you define imaginative.

Dude this is basically Pokemon EX on steroids, (+GX attack) but oh look now instead of 1 Pokemon there are 2 in the picture...I'm not sure in which universe would this count as imaginative. It literally brings nothing new to the game.

Last edited:

ddskzb

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder what's the meaning of the capital letter at the left corner behinds the set number on the japanese cards.