TAG TEAM Pokemon-GX Revealed -- "Pikachu & Zekrom-GX!'

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
The problem is not that these tag teams are OP, but rather the fact that this is the sign of a ridicolous power creep that is to come in the future - I mean, three prizes for 1 KO? That's half of your prizes right there. And who knows, this might just be one of the worse tag team cards.
Plus it's not exactly a very imaginative idea either as far as new game mechanics are concerned.

It depends on how long TPCi wants this to hold out. The LEGEND cards they were based on lasted a short time and they only have a handful of cards, hardly enough for every deck to find something it could use.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Makes sense. They can't really make sets using Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee, with only the original 151 and no new Pokemon (excluding mega evolutions and alolan formes).

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
I figured as much, as @Rcxd9999 pointed out Let's GO doesn't do much in terms of changing the main games that much (whether or not they affect Gen 8 games or later remains to be seen).
It depends on how long TPCi wants this to hold out. The LEGEND cards they were based on lasted a short time and they only have a handful of cards, hardly enough for every deck to find something it could use.
Good point, I just hope that this block doesn't end in a set like Call of Legends (but given how many Evolutions packs were crammed into value products that might actually be a good thing).

One thing I'd like would like to point out is that TPCi has very little say in card design and/or how long a card archetype stays in the TCG, that's all handled by Creatures, Inc. and Pokemon Card Lab.

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
Thinking about it, you could feasibly win the game in one attack here. You use his GX to knock out another tag team GX, snipe a Tapu Lele GX on the bench, and hit a greedy dice or Jirichi prism after, and bam, 6 pize turn!

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
I figured as much, as @Rcxd9999 pointed out Let's GO doesn't do much in terms of changing the main games that much (whether or not they affect Gen 8 games or later remains to be seen).

Since Gamefreak want's to integrate Pokemon Go players into the main series, they'll be a way to transfer Pokemon from Pokemon Go to the Gen 8 games, but nothing more Pokemon Go related.

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Dude this is basically Pokemon EX on steroids, (+GX attack) but oh look now instead of 1 Pokemon there are 2 in the picture...I'm not sure in which universe would this count as imaginative. It literally brings nothing new to the game.
It's an imaginative way to increase the HP count on a Basic. And who knows if there will be a card effect that utilizes the fact that it's a TAG-TEAM card.

suraci

The Angel That Flew Too Close To the Sun
If tag team pokemon will be this OP then make a new rule for them, when they are knocked out take 4 prize cards instead of 3. Just kidding but damn this is kinda unfair since you have lightning magnezone in the format if this was in the same format as max elixir omg that would be busted even with buzzwole gx in the format.

Just think about it you k.o an active buzzwole gx and a tapu lele gx on the bench you get down to 2 prize cards that way you can't activate beast ring and it will be at a big disadvantage and most likely your opponent will concede the game, just let that sink in for a moment.
Thats an extremly clunky deck idea but i guess

PokeMedic

Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
Articles Staff
I thought they were going to step back a little bit from GX Pokemon but N O P E.