Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

I'm pretty sure they'd mostly figure out it's not real because Shrek, Goku, and the McDonalds thing have nothing to do with nintendo or video games. Not only that, but the fact that there's that mcdonalds creepy happy meal box thing on the picture makes it more obvious. But, anyway, I believe it's best to not focus on the clearly fake joke picture instead of the game.

The only one that would fit at all is Goku. Yeah he would be a great addition. I wonder why they never did pick him. Maybe it is a licensing issue or something.:)

Well, not just that, but he's not a video game character. That's the main thing. Most of the characters are Nintendo characters. The guest characters are simply video game characters that appear often or are appearing on a popular game on a Nintendo console. Or, in Pac-Man's case, happens to be owned by the company developing the game. But, as I said, talking about this more is a bit off topic and I don't want to get in trouble for going off topic.

Wait though. How is Goku not a video game character when there are many Dragon Baal Z games out? Some are for the Nintendo DS and others are for the PlayStation or Sega systems. With that backing there is no reason why Goku could not fit in since Dragon Ball Z is big in most countries other than ours. I know it is big in Canada because I lived there for nearly 8 years and kids among me watched it most nights on YTV. Not to mention the Dragon Ball Z TCG cards which I never got into because Pokemon is my number 1 anime over YuGiOh as well. Sonic made the cut and he was mostly on Sega and PS platforms so I don't see why not Goku. He would make a great addition. Imagine the deadly Spirit Bomb attack that would need to be used for a 1 hit KO attack and his hard hitting punching and kicking skills as well.:)

While you have a point, Goku is primarily an anime character. He was developed for TV, not for a console. I'd like to see him in the games, but I dunno how probable that is...

Yeah but as big of an anime run. I think now he is in 3rd place outside of Mario and Pikachu and Yugi is 4th now Ithink but was 3rd. I don't get why he has slipped every Smash Bros game. Every time a new Smash comes out they either cut Goku or they forget about him every time. Must be because the show anime development is actually bad. Meaning the storyline. If you have watched the show before you will know what I mean.:)

This isn't a DB thread, so I won't get it far, but the storyline isn't bad. Well, DBZ's story isn't. GT is an abomination that shouldn't exist.
Let's hope we have Goku though. He would make a nice character. Too bad it's not likely.

RE: Super Smash Bros. Z Discussion

Some of the many reasons why Goku will not be in Smash 4, and probably won't be in any subsequent Smash games unless Sakurai stops being the director or the series ends up becoming something completely different:
1) Goku did not originate in a video game, since this is a video game all-stars fighter, he's not technically eligible.
2) Goku is a third party character. With the possible exception of Snake in Brawl (who will likely be cut in Smash 4 and whose creator practically begged for his inclusion), Sakurai seems intent on limiting the 3rd party characters to characters which not only made a significant impact in terms of video games but also function as mascots for the respective companies.
3) While there have been many DBZ video games, some of which have even been enjoyable (Legendary Super Warriors is an old favourite of mine), they have not had any real significance in the grand scheme of things, no more than other licensed games did.
4) None of the recent big DBZ games made it to Nintendo consoles.
5) If Sakurai were to include characters which are not video game characters yet are still widely represented in video games, there are so many far superior options. The most notable of which is Mickey Mouse, who was not only the main playable character in 3 recent games — one of which was exclusive to the 3DS — but als featured in innumerable other video games amongst which the very popular and widely acclaimed Kingdom Hearts series. Not only that, if you consider Disney a video game company, Mickey is without a doubt their mascot.
6) Getting licensing for 3rd party characters is difficult enough, I can't imagine the hassle required to get something from Shonen localised. Jump Super Stars was famously never localised probably because of the problems with licensing.
7) Development and balancing of a cast of around 50 fighters is difficult enough, opening the door for non-video game characters would increase the effort required while needlessly moving away from the core concept.

There, that's 7, feel free to make a wish, as long as it isn't having Goku as a playable character. If you do want to play as Goku, give Super Smash Flash 2 a try, it has all you favourite anime-whatevers and is surprisingly decent.

...I regret posting that joke picture so much now. I keep feeling like I just screwed up big time.

So...going beyond the Goku drama I'm really hapy they added Palutena to smash, so far she looks really fun to play! Also excited for the return of Shiek/Zelda, since that was my favorite in the wii version.

HolyMackerel said:
So...going beyond the Goku drama I'm really hapy they added Palutena to smash, so far she looks really fun to play! Also excited for the return of Shiek/Zelda, since that was my favorite in the wii version.

Palutena looks very interesting :D

(But where's Ridley?)...

I though we were better than that. Anyways, I, too, am excited to see Palutena in the game. Shee looks like she will be a lot of fun to customize. However, I don't think that we will be see many flashy combos from her.

The next one who writes a post of the "How did the Goku thing happened" style will be warned. The topic is SSB4, don't forget that.

I do not know what you're talking about, chaos.

Anyway, what's that about customizing palutena? I'd research it myself, but since this is desperately in need of a subject, because the last posts are all empty (seriously, guys, what's with the empty posts?), it's good to ask here.

Chaos Jackal said:
The next one who writes a post of the "How did the Goku thing happened" style will be warned. The topic is SSB4, don't forget that.

I love how when I say it nobody cares, but when someone else does, they do. Sorry for causing that problem. i didnt expect a joke like that to escalate so much. Anyway, just curious, what are all the alt. colors seen at Smash Fest? I've been trying to make alt. color edits of the official art since people wanna see the alt colors, but I only remember Greninja's.

Just realized i missed an entire page lol.

The color changes have been around for years. As far back as I can remember the Street Fighter games Killer Instinct games Mortal Kombat games and many other games have also had them but now that technology has improved drastically over the years there is more to choose from now.:)

Back