News 'Sun and Moon Strengthening Expansion Pack'

The English name of the set most of the cards will appear in will be Sun and Moon: Guardians Rising. Of course not the stuff we just got but the new stuff. Make of it what you will.

Guardians Rising...
I like that name a lot. It does make me wonder what the main theme of the set will be, though (when it comes to Typings etc.). Might not be around any, but I would thoroughly enjoy having better Basic Grass Attackers.

Then again, I'm also the kind of person who has made a VileLock deck focused on locking T1 with Shiinotic and other search things. I guess that makes me a tad biased. x3

-Asmer

These cards would probably be promos (in english) of some sort (maybe as a tin, collection boxes or blisters) or end up being part of the second set "Guardian Rising".

Lana is about to become a great substitute for PCL in Water-based decks. The ten less damage you're healing for compared to PCL is amazing when you can heal multiple Pokemon.

Lana is about to become a great substitute for PCL in Water-based decks. The ten less damage you're healing for compared to PCL is amazing when you can heal multiple Pokemon.

Somewhat. It definitely works better with Rough Seas. Being able to heal for 80 damage on what is basically all your Pokemon is awesome (this card also works really well in things like Water Rayquaza). That said, PCL also removes Special Conditions, something this does not. Still, I really do like this card. Then again, I'm a sucker for healing cards.

-Asmer

If Primarina-GX has something to say about it, I believe so as well. Card is nasty.

-Asmer
Nasty? But the art is beautiful!

Lana is pretty good, like a Supporter Fairy Drop but for anything with a Water on it. Sadly, Decidueye isn't as good. Even the art is just so meh compared to the one in SM Base.

If Primarina-GX has something to say about it, I believe so as well. Card is nasty.

-Asmer

Primarina GX is so cool. I feel like it's pretty nutty in Expanded with Archie's actually being consistently playable.

But I really see the card going off hard next year. Without Lysandre Primarina GX's GX attack becomes absolutely game ending. With us moving further and further away from a OHKO format matched with Manaphy EX and other switching options you could easily remove hundreds of damage from your board, setting your opponent back multiple turns. It's honestly super scary.

@SupremeLeaderQuagsire I dunno... that nose scares me. x3
Primarina GX is so cool. I feel like it's pretty nutty in Expanded with Archie's actually being consistently playable.

But I really see the card going off hard next year. Without Lysandre Primarina GX's GX attack becomes absolutely game ending. With us moving further and further away from a OHKO format matched with Manaphy EX and other switching options you could easily remove hundreds of damage from your board, setting your opponent back multiple turns. It's honestly super scary.
Jeez, I didn't even think about us not having a Lysandre... I am not looking forward to going back to Catcher. I have to deal with that enough in Legacy. ._.;;
Also, Lana just made Water Healing even more annoying. That and weird things like Water/Normal decks with Rayquaza or whatever you will. I can see us in a very wet Format soon enough.

If you ever need a Water counter, though, you can play Yanmega BREAK/Shiinotic. The Shroom makes the Bug much more consistent, which was pretty needed imo.

-Asmer

Does anyone know when we're getting this set equivalent? I need that Eevee to come back into rotation for my Espeon GX deck to work.

Does anyone know when we're getting this set equivalent? I need that Eevee to come back into rotation for my Espeon GX deck to work.

Hasn't been announced, though it's likely that the non-reprint cards will be folded into the English SM2 set.

Huh? That eevee is already in SM1 to.. So it's not rotated at all :D
Its nr 101/149 of SM1.

Back