News 'Sun and Moon Strengthening Expansion Pack'

I don't know if it's a good thing that 'roll out' is an attack rather than an ability for Politoed. You can bench a Poliwrath straight and probably better to get the base set reprint from XY evolutions. Next turn you can hit 1 energy hundred and set up the next poliwrath for the following turn.

Is one energy for 100 good these days even?

That Drampa tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) also I think instead of putting the FA and HR starters in SM2 they should make a collection box with each starters' HR and FAs

Can anyone else who's better at Photoshop make me a picture of my new Profile pic

Oh. My. God. What.

10 damage counters between turns?! What are you smoking PCL. I am totally going to build a deck around Toxapex-GX. Don't care if it's good.

Damn I hope Pokemon would surprise us with releasing this exact set in Englisch at the beginning of March or something! But i guess it's to much to ask for, haha

I really like the alolan raticate!
Searching for up to 5 cards is really strong!
But on a stage 1 and with cc cost kinda meh...

For me the best card is Drampa GX at the moment.

Followed by the sensu style bird.

I'm really looking forward to a EX free meta and without megas.
GX seems balanced as it is now. ;)

17 secret rares out of 68 total cards, so 1 out of every 4 cards in the set is a secret rare. On top of that you're not even guaranteed to get one in a box, let alone a HR/UR. Ouchie.

I'm sad to inform you all but my wallet has moved out of the house saying he couldn't take the conditions anymore.

Only a Grass Energy SR? I was expecting Fire and Water too, oh well. Primarina is enough to hold me for a while.
It is too gorgeous for my pockets to handle.

Notes:
The oricorios are decent, with the ability one and the fire one probably seeing the most play, probably In volcanion if they run skyfield
Sylveon GX is definetly good. Setup attack, 110 damage for a fairy and a DCE, great GX attack, no reason not to play this
Politoad sets up like Greninja. Unfortunately relies on a stage two to do so and take some too much setup to get everything else ready to attack.
Vikavolt GX is bad unfortunately. It's GX attack is underwhelming when you think about it: pressure is great but it doesn't really really have many good partners to make me want to run this.
Altair of the moon just gave turbo dark a huge boost.
Choice band is legit

All of these cards look so beautiful! My star cards are Primarina, Sylveon, and Drampa GX. Politoed is also a good card.

I can think of a kinda trolly deck that uses pyukumuku and bursting balloon to force your opponent not to attack you.

Looking so forward to this set. Cant wait to get my hands on a Toxapex. But does anyone know how they will release this set in English? Its very heavy with reprints so will they do something like they did with Double Crisis??

Looking so forward to this set. Cant wait to get my hands on a Toxapex. But does anyone know how they will release this set in English? Its very heavy with reprints so will they do something like they did with Double Crisis??

We have no idea at this point, since there's been nothing revealed or leaked. We'll be sure to let you know as soon as we learn something.

Personally I'm thinking they'll release the FA starters in some other way (tin, box, etc.) and save the rest of the non-reprint cards for SM2.

But Pyukumuku only does damage when he's KOd so basically by the time you KO 3-4 Pokemon you would have lost

Well, I don't think Pyukumuku is the star of the deck, just use it to charge anything else from your bench. I don't think loosing more than 1 Pyukumuku per game is necesary, tbh. Futhermore, if I'm not wrong, Lysandre'll left the format in the next rotation (I think its last print was in Ancient Origins), so Pyukumuku+Balloon could have its niche then. Sure it will still have so many counters (Garbodor, Alolan Muk, Pokemon Catcher, etc), but I think is worth it to get 4 copies now. It's just an uncommon, so why not?

The English name of the set most of the cards will appear in will be Sun and Moon: Guardians Rising. Of course not the stuff we just got but the new stuff. Make of it what you will.

We have no idea at this point, since there's been nothing revealed or leaked. We'll be sure to let you know as soon as we learn something.

Personally I'm thinking they'll release the FA starters in some other way (tin, box, etc.) and save the rest of the non-reprint cards for SM2.

In Sun and Moon:Guardians Rising more than likely. Prerelease April22-30, so likely releasing on the 5 of May.

http://prntscr.com/e19b7o
e19b7o

Last edited by a moderator:
Back