News 'Sun and Moon Strengthening Expansion Pack'

Senorsmith

Aspiring Trainer
22 of the cards are brand new cards, and the starters being available, along with rarer versions of them, outside of the starter decks is nice. Personally I never liked how so many cards in japan are "theme deck exclusives" like it took forever for me to get vs seekers because the hyper metal chain deck became so hard to find.

Vivek

Evil Yveltal
I think they have realized the profit in printing the Ultra Rare versions of the most commonly used cards.
Price of that DCE will sky rocket.

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
thought this set would be about half of our second SM set but if senorsmith is right and only a third are new cards I doubt we'll get much more then 30~ of these cards in our next set (though some may end up being various promos or reprinted in later sets)

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
Can't understand the reasoning behind 2 FAs for a card, besides selling more, I really can't. :/

We definitely see nothing *too broken. It's a good shift to the game, honestly.

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
I love that Primarina FA and HR, they look beautiful! I'm also liking Lurantis, good boost to Volcanion and Grass decks.
Secret Rare DCE is going to be pricy, too. Poor collectors, so far SM is full of pricy cards and lots of URs.

vthunder

Aspiring Trainer
Although there's a lot of reprints, I still think this set is going to be fun to collect. Probably not worth buying more than 3 boxes of- I'm assuming one can get a full reverse holo set in 3 boxes, and ideally a full set of GX cards. With average luck, probably won't get an HR in 3 boxes though.

As for the SR and HR versions of Primarina-GX, I am actually impressed. Artwork represents the Pokemon really well, and I'm looking forward to destroying my wallet by buying all the HRs again.

But for UR cards... what's next, gold-bordered stadiums? I assumed they were going to make a full set of all 9 Basic Energy in UR before they moved on to stuff like DCE, but oh well, my wallet didn't really want time to recover after the Ultra Ball anyway.

Any bets for 66/51? Assuming there are 7 SR cards and 7 HR cards, that leaves spot 66 open for another UR card. Full Art Rare Candy? Or will they try something new?

superdan51

Make Metagross-GX Great!
Although there's a lot of reprints, I still think this set is going to be fun to collect. Probably not worth buying more than 3 boxes of- I'm assuming one can get a full reverse holo set in 3 boxes, and ideally a full set of GX cards. With average luck, probably won't get an HR in 3 boxes though.

As for the SR and HR versions of Primarina-GX, I am actually impressed. Artwork represents the Pokemon really well, and I'm looking forward to destroying my wallet by buying all the HRs again.

But for UR cards... what's next, gold-bordered stadiums? I assumed they were going to make a full set of all 9 Basic Energy in UR before they moved on to stuff like DCE, but oh well, my wallet didn't really want time to recover after the Ultra Ball anyway.

Any bets for 66/51? Assuming there are 7 SR cards and 7 HR cards, that leaves spot 66 open for another UR card. Full Art Rare Candy? Or will they try something new?
It seems to be 1 SR per box now, but that also includes all the hyper rares so really not that high chance.

I think itll be the SR Rare Candy, itll always be a card that was printed in the set.

swapforce1

Shaymin lover
All we need now is FA Vs seeker , Battle compressor , enhanced hammer and DDE for me to be happy……… and the money to afford it ...

Shining_Emolga

Mr. Farfetch'd
Those Primarinas... are the best full arts to date. Thankfully, they aren't playable, so I can probably get them (English or Japanese) for fairly cheap.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
MY EVALUATIONS!

NOTE: Hyper Rare GXs are still fall as Secret Rares in the English set, according to my source.

• Politoed - Calls Poliwrath straight to the bench but the Poliwrath itself isn't good for the comp. play.
  • Electric Oricorio - 100 damage for 1 energy. Good!
  • SR DCE - So cool like cold!
  • Choice Band - confirmed in SM2!
Since some cards are in the Sun&Moon base set, we'll expect some of them are in the Tapu Koko set in May or in promos, hopefully not. Politoed, Lurantis, and some are suspectedly SM Promos. We guarantee see Toxapex-GX, Drampa-GX, and some in SM2/3.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
MY EVALUATIONS!

NOTE: Hyper Rare GXs are still fall as Secret Rares in the English set, according to my source.

• Politoed - Calls Poliwrath straight to the bench but the Poliwrath itself isn't good for the comp. play.
  • Electric Oricorio - 100 damage for 1 energy. Good!
  • SR DCE - So cool like cold!
  • Choice Band - confirmed in SM2!
Since some cards are in the Sun&Moon base set, we'll expect some of them are in the Tapu Koko set in May or in promos, hopefully not. Politoed, Lurantis, and some are suspectedly SM Promos. We guarantee see Toxapex-GX, Drampa-GX, and some in SM2/3.
Politoer is amazing with a combination of FFI Poli-line and SM Poliwrath I have a deceits in the deck garage already :D