News Summer 2017 'Island Guardians' Tins!

Asmer

Keep the High Tide on the Flipside
@Sakura150612 With the current translation, you are correct about DCE/DDE being milled.
@Otaku I suppose you could use it with the new Alolan Sandslash, which wouldn't be too bad considering. I still feel like it's underwhelming in most decks, but for things that rely on combos, I could see it being a decent engine. Plus, it's a pretty nice budget combo for those who can't currently afford Shaymin EX and those who won't be able to afford Tapu Lele GX, so not a bad idea.

-Asmer

Otaku

The wise fool?
@Sakura150612 With the current translation, you are correct about DCE/DDE being milled.
@Otaku I suppose you could use it with the new Alolan Sandslash, which wouldn't be too bad considering. I still feel like it's underwhelming in most decks, but for things that rely on combos, I could see it being a decent engine. Plus, it's a pretty nice budget combo for those who can't currently afford Shaymin EX and those who won't be able to afford Tapu Lele GX, so not a bad idea.

-Asmer

Or you use it as a power combo with Shaymin-EX. I speak based on past experience, so we'll see if an effect like this has aged poorly since the last time it was an option. Not just with Oracle, but with past Poké-Powers that operated in a similar way. :)

Asmer

Keep the High Tide on the Flipside
Or you use it as a power combo with Shaymin-EX. I speak based on past experience, so we'll see if an effect like this has aged poorly since the last time it was an option. Not just with Oracle, but with past Poké-Powers that operated in a similar way. :)
Of course you could, but there are a lot of that specific suggestion in this thread already. Why be repetitive when you can be innovative? :p

I tease of course, but I'm honestly still unsure about this card. I understand its potential uses, but it still doesn't strike me as better than some of the more powerful Supporters we currently have, at least in most situations. I want to see it in action once it hits, however, especially since we'll also get Tapu Lele GX and that card will change the dynamic of Supporters in the Meta for sure. I'm excited to see where this all ends up.

-Asmer

Otaku

The wise fool?
f course you could, but there are a lot of that specific suggestion in this thread already. Why be repetitive when you can be innovative? :p

I get repetitive when it feels like people cannot see the forest for the trees. ;)

I do understand why it might be seen as underwhelming; is it really worth your Supporter to improve your
  • Acro Bike draw?
  • Shaymin-EX (ROS) draw?
  • Next turn draw?
  • Trainers' Mail selection?
  • Max Elixir hit?
The answer for any one of these is no. The answer for a card that could be used for any of these (sometimes more than one at the same time)? A firm "Maybe." XD At first I balked at the comparison, but the idea of "Teammates requiring a combo instead of having one of your Pokémon KO'd the turn prior." might be the best shorthand for it.

Jake_Silberman

Competitive PTCG Player
That Koko promo is already the FIFTH print of Tapu Koko-GX. The first is the RA in SM2, the second is the FA in SM2, the third is the Rainbow variant in SM2, the fourth is the shiny promo (currently Japan-exclusive), and now the tin promo.

Last edited:

TotoBoss

Kappa
Oh wow so... does this mean we might get a yet unrevealed gx in guardians rising?
Because now we get: Tapu-Koko /Tapu Fini / Sylveon / Metagross / Kommo-o / Alolan Ninetales / Drampa / turtonator / Toxapex / lycanrock / vikavolt. Unless Im missing something this is only 11/12 Gx's

FoolMeNever2

Aspiring Trainer
Oh wow so... does this mean we might get a yet unrevealed gx in guardians rising?
Because now we get: Tapu-Koko /Tapu Fini / Sylveon / Metagross / Kommo-o / Alolan Ninetales / Drampa / turtonator / Toxapex / lycanrock / vikavolt. Unless Im missing something this is only 11/12 Gx's

Tapu Lele.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
It has been confirmed that there'll "only" be 12 GX's in the set, which will the ones you mentioned (with Tapu Lele instead of Tapu Fini) as well as Wishiwashi :)

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Putting Tapu Bulu-GX exclusively in a tin is stupid because I bet there's going to be FA and HR variants of it in SM2+ and we're gonna end up with the same situation that happened with the Alola Starters, their regular GX in a set and the FAs scattered throughout products.

TotoBoss

Kappa
It has been confirmed that there'll "only" be 12 GX's in the set, which will the ones you mentioned (with Tapu Lele instead of Tapu Fini) as well as Wishiwashi :)
yeah I meant tapu lele instead of tapu fini, so yeah idk what happened there lol, about the wishiwashi I indeed completely forgot about that one so thanks for reminding me.

Also I probably will then just pick up 1 of those bulu tins :)

postmodern_pinko

So postmodern
Look I don't wanna be that guy but that's a real bad angle on Tapu Koko's promo art.

Edit: just to be clear I'm not criticising the art so much as I'm saying it looks like it has a big ol ding dong.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
The GXs in Guardians Rising were:
17362687_1673219056024809_2578317910281635432_n.png

(I made this image by myself)

Well, If SM3 doesn't give us Bulu, this tin gives us Bulu.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
It's very weird how in GUARDIANS Rising we only get 2 out of 4 guardians, and yeah they are obviously going to make a FA/RR version of it TPCi really should've considered that before separating the RA, FA and RR

Theo

Aspiring Trainer
Might as well make a Tapu Bulu deck, seems pretty consistent especially without any weakness.