News Strengthening Expansion Pack, Best of XY Pack, and Ash VS Team Rocket Deck!

Why is umbreon discard 2 energy but Salazzle is discard all?
Love the salazzle card in general, but the GX attack isn't the most creative.

Salazzle is just to disrupt the main attacker and Umbreon can disrupt the side attackers that are being powered up on the bench

Man, those FA supporters look amazing. They just better end up being XY promos over here & not be reprinted in our SM sets - Hex wouldn't be bad, but having Flare Grunt in a SM set won't make much sense (need them Skull & Aether members!), and N has already long overstayed its welcome.
It makes just as much sense as having N in any XY set, since he was in the BW games ;)

Gimme 10 N's and Hex Maniacs, please.

Also, they better release a "Super Supporter Collection" with all these FAs in it.
Man, can you imagine how fast those boxes would sell out if that's how they choose to do it in English?? I actually think they'll be more sought-after and just as expensive as promos as they would if they just stick them in random sets throughout the SM run of TCG.

Dude, I now really hope that this set come to the US. These cards are BEAUTIFUL! If I honestly have to, I will just buy the Japanese ones for my deck. These are just too good to not come tonight the US...
Apologies if this is patronising, but just a little PSA in case you're not joking and end up spending loads of money before anyone tells you - you can't use Japanese cards in decks outside of Japan.

~~~

I'm actually a little gutted. I was hoping when I heard there was another full art N that I wouldn't like the artwork - I've literally just gotten a playset of the old ones a few days ago! However, I love it! I don't know if I prefer it to the NVI one - probably not - but I like it just the same. Might have to get a play set of these as well. Also really pleased to see the full art Hex - been a long time coming! The full art Flare Grunt looks cool, too. I'll definitely be picking up both of those. This is all, of course, if they see an English release.

As for Shaymin, I actually really don't like the artwork at all D: it just looks... weird. And I'm not a fan of gold things (which is why, despite always having bling in my decks in the form of full art Pokémon and Supporters, I never went for playsets of SR VS Seekers and Trainers' Mails). I actually wouldn't be gutted if we did get this in English, though - I seem to be one of the minority who wouldn't mind Shaymin EX sticking around longer! As for Yveltal EX, well that's sticking around regardless, and that artwork is beautiful! Much prefer that to the FA from XY base.

Finally, a general comment about the SR energies - I've said up to this point I wouldn't go for playsets of them because it just seems like too much... however seeing the dark one, I kind of need like 12 of them :p

That Slowking sounds like it'd be a fun gimmick, kinda like Yanmega STS except no hand instead of 4 cards. I don't know if that would be harder to set up or not though.

they give us the first really compelling reason to not run Shaymin-EX in the last set that will be released before it goes to expanded.

seriously though that weavile 2HKOs every ability draw poke, 3HKOs most EX ability users like Volc, Hoopa, ect and it's a one prizer that only needs C to use its midnight spear on steroids attack. Its inability to do anything to stuff without an ability will make it a secondary/tech attacker but it'll be an extremely nasty one especially for mass ability decks like the aforementioned volc.

6b3c8d07e73eddfb23627c5052b28d83_share-fry-meme-take-my-money_512-288.jpeg

Ugh why do they have to tease?!?!?! Seriously thinking about buying them and just having them all. Must have!

Or just move to Japan. lol.

Does anyone know if the Best of XY cards are the super-glossy kind? Like the Champion Pack?

Also, that Machamp FA is looking derp-tastic!!

IF and, IF, they do this, it'll be somewhat similar to Double Crisis, but will only feature a few of these cards.

Huh. Look at that. FA Hex Maniac. Ask and ye shall receive i suppose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Did not expect to see so many other supporters get full arts though. I really like the delinquent and shauna one.
Unpopular opinion, but i honestly hope we don't get what basically amounts to XY-era 2 here. It's not that i necessarily hate dueling against these cards or think they're broken/OP (except for night march and item lock. not broken but i'm really not fan of them), but i'd rather see new cards get a chance to shine as opposed to seeing the same cards for ~3 years now. Tech supporters i don't mind returning (in full art) though.
I'm mostly just a casual player who exclusively plays on tcgo though so yeah, who knows really.

Wow! These two sets are so interesting! SM2+ is OK, with the exception of that awesome Darkrai- which makes turbo dark so much better. In my opinion the cards from best of xy will be reprinted in English in some capacity- and we see that already happening with the Mega Camerupt, Mega Sharpedo, and Mega Powers boxes. I would not be surprised at all if they print every single of the full arts.

Huh. Look at that. FA Hex Maniac. Ask and ye shall receive i suppose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Did not expect to see so many other supporters get full arts though. I really like the delinquent and shauna one.
Unpopular opinion, but i honestly hope we don't get what basically amounts to XY-era 2 here. It's not that i necessarily hate dueling against these cards or think they're broken/OP (except for night march and item lock. not broken but i'm really not fan of them), but i'd rather see new cards get a chance to shine as opposed to seeing the same cards for ~3 years now. Tech supporters i don't mind returning (in full art) though.
I'm mostly just a casual player who exclusively plays on tcgo though so yeah, who knows really.

I agree with your sentiment. I'm getting tired of watching my opponent play solitaire with Shaymin EX after Shaymin EX on the first turn. I'm also tired of having 50% of the matches won by VS Seeker --> Lysandre. I'm hoping for a slower, more methodical meta as opposed to playing down half of your deck on the first turn with no hope of coming back if you aren't playing big basics to handle your opponent swinging for 60+ consistently.

So Japan gets a FA of M Camerupt and M Sharpedo yet the promo boxes we just received in the states only contained regular art versions of them with a stupid reprint of the original Camerupt and Sharpedo. Why does TCPi treat anyone outside of Japan so shitty

Pretty pretty interesting cards... Eager to see the battle between Water and Dark...

The reprints! Oh boy! Shaymin takes the cake! Amazing art.

I so wish The Best of XY was a set here and not just promos or in future Sun and Moon sets. These full arts > Every card released in Sun and Moon so far.

I really would rather buy packs to pull these since I'm not collecting the sets anymore. I don't really want to buy singles and promos feel cheap and can be damaged in packaging, like usual.

The card template is just gorgeous on these XY era full arts. So much better to have a real background then just a boring solid pastel one. Also gold outline > blue outline. And no ugly black line border either.

I've wanted full arts for Blacksmith and Hex Maniac since they were originally released without one. Also M Manectric and Jolteon. The art is gorgeous as well. I wonder how much the Japanese boxes will be might get them.

Last edited:
Back