News Strengthening Expansion Pack, Best of XY Pack, and Ash VS Team Rocket Deck!

Fayld

Rayquaza / Eelektross Master
Advanced Member
Will it actually make its way to the US though? SM2+ is an expansion pack for SM2 in Japan right? I know we don't know exactly what will be in SM2 for the US, but I would be pretty disappointed if we didn't get this card. It is a nice AZ variant that could pretty easily be paired with AZ in expanded and is a welcome addition to a couple of my decks in Standard.

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Will it actually make its way to the US though? SM2+ is an expansion pack for SM2 in Japan right? I know we don't know exactly what will be in SM2 for the US, but I would be pretty disappointed if we didn't get this card. It is a nice AZ variant that could pretty easily be paired with AZ in expanded and is a welcome addition to a couple of my decks in Standard.
SM2+ content will probably be for our SM3 set, and/or promos around that time. Much like how SM1+ cards are being added to Guardians Rising.

Also heck yes, this will be good for Koko GX!

Fayld

Rayquaza / Eelektross Master
Advanced Member
SM2+ content will probably be for our SM3 set, and/or promos around that time. Much like how SM1+ cards are being added to Guardians Rising.

Also heck yes, this will be good for Koko GX!

@Vitiel Thanks for the info!

BKRapper

Aspiring Trainer
Oh my - I really like this. If you used Tapu Lele to grab this from the deck, you could easily pick up a heavily damaged card, reallocate some energy, and deny prizes all in the same turn. I'm inclined to say it might replace PCL in some decks.

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
Does "damage counters" mean that there needs to be more than one? If so, goodbye, Rainbow Energy shenanigans.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
I see this as a more powerful, but less versatile AZ. Which I like. AZ was a little too versatile for my liking (being guaranteed to be able to reuse things like Shaymin-EX or Decidueye-GX), but this is balanced by the fact you could just opt not to damage those kinds of Pokemon. Maybe it'll prove too much (getting back the cards attached to it is a huge deal), but right now, it seems fine.

GengarGuy

PUMPKABOO SLAYER
Are we getting this in SM3?
Also, I suppose we'll also get another Lysandre, Hex, Judge, Brigette, etc.
I bet Sycamor will be Alolan Oak

Last edited:

D2B2WIN1

Aspiring Trainer
Acerola is our "get out of jail" card. Wailord/Lapras/High HP Pokemon will be pleased.

More importantly, Tapu Koko rush sounds like a great deck now. I wish there was a slightly better Lightning Energy accelerator than Magnezone or Electrode in Standard. Then again, Koko/Zone might be viable but, it depends on Sylveon-GX popularity and if Vileplume variants are still around.

The Cat Hatter

Aspiring Trainer
Basically like AZ, but better and worst. Better because you don't have to discard any energy but worst because the pokemon has to be damaged