News Strengthening Expansion Pack, Best of XY Pack, and Ash VS Team Rocket Deck!

Even though the VS Seeker is being printed in Best of XY, I think it'll still come back in SM3. Even if it doesn't, it is good because the meta would hit a road bump.

I sure hope Shaymin stays in rotation! It would be fun to see VS Seeker being rotated out though, that would cause a huge change in how we play imo

Shaymin and VS Seeker and Yveltal oh my!

I can already hear the collective screaming fits. I feel like this is in direct correlation with something I said to someone who is trying to get into the competetive PTCG scene. "Oh yeah, this format is about to get a lot cheaper with Shaymin rotating!" Wow TPCi, just wow.

Shaymin is being reprinted in best of xy, people were confused by the news on vs seeker and DDE but these are also being reprinted in best of XY. This set is not coming to the west and is only being printed as a hybrid cashgrab/way for new players to get the good cards from XY before Japanese rotation which will probably happen in 2018.

That being said, there really needs to be some killer dragon support in SM3 if they want Dragons to not just die horribly at rotation. Dragons are already kind of crappy other than Giratina and Salamence, but Salamence is already falling off with GX cards and Giratina rotates anyways.

I actually like tapu lele quite a bit
It reminds me of Dusknoir BCR, except as an attack, meaning that there's a potential for a Damage Swap-esque deck in the future, which pleases me. It also has an interesting Synergy with Tapu Koko (non-GX), who can do 20 damage to all of your Opponent's Pokemon every turn for a simple DCE. Perhaps we'll see some sort of Tapu Themed deck in the future? Would be interesting.

-Asmer

Oops, yeah, got them mixed up. Post updated.
WPM, I have a question and I know you are like an extreme pro player
Why is Tapu Lele Gx able to be made? In other words, like Lysandres Trump, they wouldn't make a card that good just because. Is it to speed up snatching supporters for the coming of the non-VS seeker era?
Thanks

Doesn't a dusknoir have an ability that does the same thing as that tapu Lele?
I'm going to assume you're a troll, but I'll answer your question, regardless.
Yes, it does. That's why I posted what I did. For that exact reason.

-Asmer

It reminds me of Dusknoir BCR, except as an attack, meaning that there's a potential for a Damage Swap-esque deck in the future, which pleases me. It also has an interesting Synergy with Tapu Koko (non-GX), who can do 20 damage to all of your Opponent's Pokemon every turn for a simple DCE. Perhaps we'll see some sort of Tapu Themed deck in the future? Would be interesting.

-Asmer
Dang, can't believe I didn't think of this. Sounds like it could be a fun idea. Probably throw in some other Pokemon that can attack cheap for DCE and P, like Tauros.

Dang, can't believe I didn't think of this. Sounds like it could be a fun idea. Probably throw in some other Pokemon that can attack cheap for DCE and P, like Tauros.
Aye. Could also use Hoopa STS (non-EX) for damage spread and probably Wobbuffet if you want to get really fancy as well and, since both fit the "Basic Psychic Pokemon" Theme, things like Fighting Fury Belt and Max Elixir can be tossed in there, too.

Heh... decks just seem to come together so easily, don't they?

-Asmer

This is like a deddenne, only instead of dealing with Yveltal, it deals with M Mewtwo. I see it now, Darkrai GX with Turbo Darkrai, 1st place at worlds

Darkrai GX: Can work wonders with Malamar EX in Expanded. Attack an energy, put your opponent's active Pokemon to Sleep, and Dead End GX for an easy OHKO. That thing will be busted in Expanded.

I can see this being played. AZ was sometimes used to pick up something that was heavily damaged and put it back down, but had to discard any tools or energy attached, like a Toad. You'd need another Toad with energy, or a replacement in your hand. With this, you don't. This will see a little play, but not as much as A I believe. It does look really nice though.

I can see this being a one-of until VS Seeker rotates out. It's essentially a reusable max potion for basic pokemon (or grass pokemon if FoGP is in play).

In fact, now that i'm thinking about it, expanded keldeo/blastoise decks might just love this card

This is AZ in Standard.
Pros - > You do not get to discard the cards attached to your Pokemon.
Cons -> Can only be on a damaged Pokemon.

It will be one of in decks. Nice to see good Supporters coming to the format.

Back