States Predictions

Cinema said:
Hey, what do you guys think the States metagame is going to look like?
I think it will be a lot like last format, but there will be a lot more basic decks and a bunch of EX techs
What are the top tier decks?
The top tier decks will probably be:
Zekeels
Eelzone
MTC
Basic Varients
Reshiphlosion
Durant
Rogue

What decks do you predict will win, and what do you guys think is the BDIF?
Decks that run magnezone will probably win the most and I think Eelzone will be BDIF.

Replies in bold

Eelzone is a great deck and all but right now I'm pretty sure zekeels is better.

What I will probably play: the truth EX or Chandelure with zoroark

Archeops said:
Eelzone is a great deck and all but right now I'm pretty sure zekeels is better.

What I will probably play: the truth EX or Chandelure with zoroark

The problem with Zekeels is they can't OHKO any EXs and they get dead draws way to much.

iisnumber12 said:
The problem with Zekeels is they can't OHKO any EXs and they get dead draws way to much.

The problem with Mageels is the main attacker gets OHKO'd by EX's.

I had a feeling CTM would win the ECC. Also I keep hearing that ZekEel is more consistent and faster than EelZone although I think EelZone still has the edge it depends on the matchup really.

Magneels is just harder to get setup than ZekEel. It feels soooooooooo much better to be able to Collector for three Tynamos than two Magnemite and a Tynamo. In a format where almost every deck can kill Tynamo T1 (T2 at latest) if it wants to, Magneels is a risky play. It's still very good, but it feels slightly inferior to ZekEel.

Celebi23 said:
Magneels is just harder to get setup than ZekEel. It feels soooooooooo much better to be able to Collector for three Tynamos than two Magnemite and a Tynamo. In a format where almost every deck can kill Tynamo T1 (T2 at latest) if it wants to, Magneels is a risky play. It's still very good, but it feels slightly inferior to ZekEel.

I like to apply my regionals strategy to Magneels. I run 2 Level Balls, 3 Communications, 2 Pichu, and no Collector. It is really fast and gets set up every game.

How does that work, though? You theoretically need to have three Magnemites and three Tynamos to ensure the next turn you get two Magnezone and two Eelektrik. You don't get six bench spots. Plus having to throw a free prize in the active slot feels terrible in a format where every prize counts more than it should. Furthermore, this takes away the option to damage the opponent early-game, and Pichu is often very helpful to the opponent.

Celebi23 said:
How does that work, though? You theoretically need to have three Magnemites and three Tynamos to ensure the next turn you get two Magnezone and two Eelektrik. You don't get six bench spots. Plus having to throw a free prize in the active slot feels terrible in a format where every prize counts more than it should. Furthermore, this takes away the option to damage the opponent early-game, and Pichu is often very helpful to the opponent.

Why do you need 2 of each next turn? My list can run easily with 2 of one and 1 of the other. You can also set up others later game. I also run a seeker to pick up Pichu, but even if that doesn't work they usually go for more important KOs on Zones and Eels.

ZekEels is faster and more consistent than MagnEels. ZekEels doesn't lose its energies like MagnEels does. ZekEels has an incredible early game, and a so so late game, and MagnEels has a pretty good early and late game. ZekEels hits quicker and can easily use both Zekrom BW and Zekrom EX, both giving more damage options. Also, i think MagnEels decks a little more than ZekEels. .-.

Rougechomp said:
ZekEels is faster and more consistent than MagnEels. ZekEels doesn't lose its energies like MagnEels does. ZekEels has an incredible early game, and a so so late game, and MagnEels has a pretty good early and late game. ZekEels hits quicker and can easily use both Zekrom BW and Zekrom EX, both giving more damage options. Also, i think MagnEels decks a little more than ZekEels. .-.

Why can't Magneels use both Zekroms?

I wouldn't run Zekrom EX in Magneels, since it doesn't run DCE and it can already do 150+ damage with Magnezone. IMO ZekEels is a better play since it's more consistent and does better against CMT.

Cinema said:
I wouldn't run Zekrom EX in Magneels, since it doesn't run DCE and it can already do 150+ damage with Magnezone. IMO ZekEels is a better play since it's more consistent and does better against CMT.
Actually, most magneel decks are running 2-3 DCE, because they usually run 1 of mewtwo EX, zekrom EX, and zekrom as their main attacker. DCE can also get an eelektrik out of the active spot if you don't have a switch.

On a side note, does someone have the tested matchups for these decks against each other?
-MTC
-Zekeels
-Durant
-Magneels

Thanks! :)

MTC vs Zekeels 50-50
MTC vs Durant 60-40
MTC vs Magneels 40-60

ZekEels vs MTC 50-50
ZekEels vs Durant 50-50
ZekEels vs Magneel 40-60

Durant vs MTC 40-60
Durant vs ZekEels 50-50
Durant vs Magneels 65-35

imo

Celebi23 said:
MTC vs Zekeels 50-50
MTC vs Durant 60-40
MTC vs Magneels 40-60

ZekEels vs MTC 50-50
ZekEels vs Durant 50-50
ZekEels vs Magneel 40-60

Durant vs MTC 40-60
Durant vs ZekEels 50-50
Durant vs Magneels 65-35

imo

Thanks, that really helps my decision for states. I think I'm going to go with Magneels or Magnephlosion, simply because Magnezone provides great drawpower and can easily ko any EX. However, I am thinking of a truth build with 2-2 donphan prime to counter all the {L} decks out there, and a reshiboar (maybe) with 2-2 RDL.

Robert Benjamin, how come your ECC top cut list doesn't match the one in this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX2HKj-HTMA&feature=channel
8:55

Umm, I cut a local tournament. Not the ECC lol. I don't even live in Europe. Also, I haven't given out the list I used yet. What list are we talking about?

I can't decide and this is driving me abolutely insane. ZEKEELS OR EELZONE!!!!! I really need your guys honest opinion on this because I want to do well at States. :(

Back