States Meta

Lots of Gengar Prime, and Gengar Prime counters, however IMO both of the decks are nothing to be afraid of, because they are bad. I personally ignore the Metagame for large tournaments and go with the most consistent list that I can make. However lots of LuxChomp, G-Dos, DialgaChomp, Sableye, Kingdra, maybe some Donphan, the usual, I don't think states Meta is going to be any different than Cities.

IDK about Luxchomp. I think Luxchomp runs too many Xs that sit in hand for Lostgar to take. However, the Dialga tech will be nice again.

I'm gonna play Sablelock, as it has a pretty good LostGar matchup, great VileGar matchup, slightly good G-dos, and equal to pretty much everything else (except maybe LuxChomp...)

Plus, it donks :p

LostGar is probably going to have a nice run at taking over LuxChomp as the BDIF. This card dominates in japan with a 4 PRIZE format. Imagine what it can do with a a 6 prize one. LuxChomp will still be here (you'd think that people will try something else after a year or so), along with DiaglaChomp, VileGar, and Gyarados rounding out the top decks (yay!! oxford comma!!). Then there will be your LostGar counters that can probably beat LostGar, though they epically fail against the rest of the format (coughabsolcough). Expect SableLock (mainly the heavy sable form, though SmearLock may pop up) to be the dark horse of states and may possibly take a few.

Don't leave out the possible "kick butt" rogue that can pop out. Remember, SableLock was first used in states boys.

Tier 1
LuxChomp
LostGar
Magnezone
DialgaChomp

Tier 2
Gyarados
VileGar
MewPerior
Sablelock
Kingdra
Machamp
Regigigas

I figure that's most of the top decks and most of the stuff under those are just counters to specific decks :p

B/C it is. It was pretty successful @ CC's despite getting very little play. Honestly it should be good, the problem is you need a good list and a lot of the good deckbuilders are playing luxchomp so yeah..
It's good and i think it will be tier 1.

I think the Magnezone you're talking about is MagneGatr. While MagneGatr is an extremely good deck, it's problem is that it is slower than SP. I expect minor play during states and regionals, maybe coming out during nationals and worlds. Next format though MagneGatr is going to be top tier (along with donphan and lostgar).

^
No straight Magnezone w/ techs. It's really good. Trust me, IDK if you've seen it in action but it is so good. Look @pokegym guru and read Darkwalker's post it explains the deck really well.
and btw i think Magnegatr is overhyped even for next year b/c it gets stomped due to seeker and they have a small bench alot.

Straight Magnezone is too slow, slow decks won't make it due to stuff getting Lost Zoned. Especially stage 2 decks that are slow. Stage 2 decks that are fast have a better chance.

I think Machamp is tier 1. At least the kind not too slow but doesn't really so heavily on speed.

Sablock almost has an auto win to Lostgar due to the easy donk. Absolchomp with Sableye will be popular.

I think that CFOURCOLTSFAN forgot about T-Tar/Umbreon. People will start playing trhat to counter VileGar and LostGar; the same way the people in my CCs played more LuxChomp to counter the super-popular Gyrados.

@Rivallz

ashinto said that Gengar Prime will dominate because it dominates in Japan where they only have 4 prizes to our 6. It's a good comparison if you think about the different formats.

T-tar/Umbreon will pop up definately. I think that this deck is actually strong enough to take out SP (with the right list) along with giving LostGar and VileGar a ton of problems. As of AbsolChomp...no, we're calling it GarSol (so much cooler), it will dominate LostGar, though will loose to the rest of the format, so it should only be played if LostGar is about 90% of the meta in your area.

Strait 'Zone is not slow. They can start pumping damage out T2. Most of them run Spiritomb so they slow down Lostgar. I also think you forgot T-tar.

ashinto said:
As of AbsolChomp...no, we're calling it GarSol (so much cooler)
In general, Gar=Gengar and Chomp=Garchomp. AbsolChomp (or just AbChomp) avoids confusion the most; GarSol sounds like Gengar+Absol, even though Gar usually comes second in Gengar-based decks.
Anyways, Japan is good to look at for prediction of our meta, but I wouldn't judge based on that too heavily. They have HGSS-on, which takes out all SP- including Absol G (LV.X) - one of LostGar's more troubling matchups. While Japan does play to 4 prizes and still needs 6 'Mon LZed, the HGSS-on format is a lot slower than MD-on (assuming there isn't a mid-season rotation before States).

who here will believe me when I say I beat a luxchomp deck running muk/drifblim fb with hypno and skuntank to secure special conditions? I was just jerking people around @ battleroads. But it almost beat vilegar 3 times (fainting spells killed me). I'm all for rogue decks running around messing with the meta.

I can believe that you either have one of the best decks ever (probs not, no offense) or it was the combination of brain dead opponents and mad luck that day (probs). Thanks for sharing that with us though (/sarcasm).

Diagla/Absol anyone?? I was toying around with the idea and it seems decent.

Back