States Meta

Porygon-X

There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1
So... What do you think will be mostly seen at States?

I'm guessing some combination of the following:

• LostGar
  • LuxChomp
  • VileGar
  • Gyarados
  • Machamp
  • Regigigas
  • DialgaChomp

What do you guys think?

I expect to see kingdra. Not really meta but a popular deck. And maybe a few BlastiGatr.

I think it depends on your state, really. SPs are probably going to be quite big (in any combination, really), and I expect to see a few Champ and Vilegar decks running around, as well as a handful of Regigigas. Plus the odd death.
Not sure how Lostgar is going to show up, but States isn't until March so we have time to plan. I can run one of two things and I'll be spending the next 1.5 months debating over what to run...

lostgar and counters only
Luxchomp can outspeed Lostgar without blinking. I highly doubt Luxchomp will be dethroned as a top-tier deck.

Please explain to me how Gyarados can be in the meta at states? With LostGar, if even one magikarp is LZ'd, it's pretty much gg.

^Uhhh, one 'Karp LZed still lets the Gyara to 80 with an E-Belt, which means it would still 2HKO the Gengar. It's a pretty even matchup, maybe in favor of LostGar, but it's definitely not an autoloss for Gyara.
LuxChomp will still be far and away the most popular deck. LostGar will be big, but I think LuxChomp will be the BDIF for at least another couple of months.
The meta for states will probably be about the same as it has been besides LostGar and possibly some counters. No reason for it to change dramatically between now and then.

Yah. Lots of Jumpluff in are area. No Gyarados though. Lots of Vile Gar and LostGar. There's too much "Gar".

I expect that LostGar will also become popular if Lost World comes out, because I know that Jimmy P. is working on a build but is missing a gengar prime which he tried to get from me

Mewperior is still not quite strong or feasible enough to be considered a meta deck. It's still more in the rogue category, soon about to pass over. Its huge weakness is that DGX locks it up (which means you peeps need to run BFBX in the deck), and that Mews are a bit too easy to kill.

That, and the mirror match is really irritating.

I predict:

Dialgachomp
Machamp varients
Lostgar (only because it's the most overhyped deck in states format)
G-dos
T-tar (possibly)
Sablock varients
other SPs with Dialga (possibly)
quick decks with low techs and pokemon

DNA: Your second point IMO is not correct. Mew's are easy to kill, but doing 150-250 isn't enough to keep up. Dialga will become a major tech since it does a number on Lostgar, and that'll be the only way to stop it.

mewperior gains a major card in the next set. Research documents allows you to move non energies to the bottom of your deck and then use delcattys power to put two more energies on the bottom of your deck.

^Except standard Mewperior doesn't use Delcatty, and you can easily hit 250 with no strings attatched.

@Tyraniking: You were talking about this bit, right?
Its huge weakness is that DGX locks it up (which means you peeps need to run BFBX in the deck), and that Mews are a bit too easy to kill.
I agree that Mews being easy to kill is not as big of a weakness as the DGX bit. You can easily use Pokemon Rescue, Rescue Energy, or what have you to keep bringing Mews back. I just mentioned that as a small aside, so at the very least there is a prize exchange.

^Yea, that's what I meant. There really isn't a prize exchange unless there's an autoloss or a deck with quick recovery like Gyarados.

Back