State of the Names

Does the lack of creative names bother you?

• Total voters
Back when I ran Blastoise+Delacatty instead of calling it Blastcatty like everyone else I called it Squiddy which is Squirtle + Skitty.

Donphan + Blissey = Donphan Eggs :)

Here you go

Cinpluff = Field Day (both do damage based on the field)

Blastzel = Camper (I'm sniping yur doods)

ZPS = Energizer (the T1 energy...)

ReshiBoar = White Hot (Reshiram is white..and its a fire deck)

Just some insight onto to creative deck names....

I tend to name my deck after a pun people don't understand. Especially the not understanding part is important to me. I usually bring rogue decks to tournaments that don't have a name yet.
The current names are not very interesting. Capuccino is especially stupid and ridiculous. LuxChomp sounds nice and quick coincidentally, just like the deck it is. TyRam sounds stupid. ZPS shows little inspiration. I also liked RayBees (Speedrill/Luxray) last year.
I would've done
TyRam = Fasterburner
Cappuccino = doesn't even belong in tournaments, no need for a name
ZPS = Outragequit

Pokefan4000 said:
...who tells their opponent what they're running...?

Um...I think that once they see you have a Cyndaquil and Reshiram out on the field they will figure it out so it's no secret anymore xD

^Hey, if they only see a Reshiram and a generic starter, it could be ReshiBoar, TyRam, or DD. if they have a counter for one of those, and they know that's what's being played, they can get it out more quickly. Besides, they have time to get their strategy sorted out mentally before the game starts if you tell them. Better at least make it a surprise.

I have some extremely creative deck names for my decks.

Yanmega/Zone= Yanmega
Kingdra/Yanmega=Kingdra
Reshiram/Typhlosion= Typhlosion, Fire, or Reshiram
Grass/Vileplume things=Grass
Donphan/Yanmega/Zoro=Stage 1
Zekrom/Pachi/Shaymin=Zekrom
Mew/Gar or Gengar varients=Gengar

I just called my stage one box Chocolate with Dragonflies. Chocolate would be Donphan, Cinccino, and Zoroark (Milk, white, and dark chocolate respectively) and dragonflies are obvious.

A fun name I came up with for Mew Toolbox is MeowMix, since its a mix of cards used by a cat (meow!).

Scizorliscious said:
^Hey, if they only see a Reshiram and a generic starter, it could be ReshiBoar, TyRam, or DD. if they have a counter for one of those, and they know that's what's being played, they can get it out more quickly. Besides, they have time to get their strategy sorted out mentally before the game starts if you tell them. Better at least make it a surprise.

>_> Did you read what I said? Reshiram AND cyndaquil. It's pretty easy to guess what your opponent is running...unless it's rogue

gengar the baller said:
I have some extremely creative deck names for my decks.

Yanmega/Zone= Yanmega
Kingdra/Yanmega=Kingdra
Reshiram/Typhlosion= Typhlosion, Fire, or Reshiram
Grass/Vileplume things=Grass
Donphan/Yanmega/Zoro=Stage 1
Zekrom/Pachi/Shaymin=Zekrom
Mew/Gar or Gengar varients=Gengar

This is why this thread was made...because of you sir :p

I read what you said, but you won't ALWAYS have a Reshiram and Cyndaquil out on the field. Just saying.

Tyranodon said:
I like the name Mewtility box for Mewbox (utility = mewtility).

Interesting, but where'd you get utility from?

thefleeee said:
Not too commonly though

Um... most Reshiram focused decks run Vulpix.

Scizorliscious said:
Some ReshiBoar decks play Vulpix as well... just saying.

LOL Why would you NOT run Ninetails in any fire based deck?

DonChamp = Groundpound (Donphan is ground and Machamp is fighting.)

catutie said:
LOL Why would you NOT run Ninetails in any fire based deck?
It's not necessary even in TyRam, just saying.... You can use the 4 spots it frees for something other useful to add the consistency.

I nicknamed my Donphan/Dragons = Rage Quake. :D

Zhaituki said:
It's not necessary even in TyRam, just saying.... You can use the 4 spots it frees for something other useful to add the consistency.

I nicknamed my Donphan/Dragons = Rage Quake. :D

>_> Just discard the energy for 3 draw and put it on your Reshi...that makes is much much more consistent :p.

Vanilluxe/Victini = Flipper

catutie said:
>_> Just discard the energy for 3 draw and put it on your Reshi...that makes is much much more consistent :p.
Engineer's adjustments and many others. :p Atleast supporters ain't free prizes lol

Back