'Star Wars' Director Pick JJ Abrams

Discussion in 'Beachfront Hangout' started by omahanime, Jan 25, 2013.

1. omahanime Come and visit me.
    omahanime

Elite Member Advanced Member Member

What do you think?

safariblade likes this.

2. Zenith ||||
    Zenith

can't be worse than Lucas

Chariblaze, Cinesra, Pride and 4 others like this.
  3. Guts CyberPhunk
    Guts

I'm pretty optimistic about this; Abrams has the ability to do the franchise justice.

Hydro Cannon likes this.
  4. dmaster Aspiring Trainer
    dmaster

I actually don't mind this at all one bit (if it's true).

If he does what he did to Star Trek, I'll be even happier.

dmaster out.

5. One Approved

Chat Room Staff Advanced Member Member

Directs Star Trek. Directs Star Wars. Wouldn't that be if like the same person who directed Twilight directed Harry Potter? <_<

jk. All joking aside, I know that this guy is a very good director, so I'm hoping we get a great Star Wars 7, 8, and 9. I think Star Wars has some serious potential to get back to the level it used to be at.

6. Haunted Water DEFT Lunar
    Haunted Water

Because Avatar, Aliens, and any other Sci-fi movie that Cameron made apparently failed.
    Sidenote to the actual person who said this: Abrams is good, but he is young at this. It's kind of a loaded answer.

Not that I don't like Abrams, I just hadn't seen any of his stuff except from Lost.

7. Hydro Cannon Has about 37 unique sealed Booster Packs!
    Hydro Cannon

Star Wars VII: Attack of the lens flares

Kecleon-X likes this.
  8. omahanime Come and visit me.
    omahanime

Reboot it?

Great! Movies 7,8, and 9 are 4, 5, and 6 redone.

Familiar and Hydro Cannon like this.
  9. dmaster Aspiring Trainer
    dmaster

I forgot to say 'minus the reboot part' lol. I just liked the look of the movie and the updated feel. Idk if it was something off about Episode 1, 2 and 3, but they just didn't look that great, and since they were released so late after the original trilogy, the style didn't mesh well. At least with stable releases, if they plan on connecting two trilogies together, they'll look a lot closer and I have that kind of faith in someone like Abrams.

dmaster out.

10. exdarkrai01 Aspiring Trainer
    exdarkrai01

No matter how good or bad it is, I think there will be that group of people that are overly obsessed with Star Wars and will think it is absolutely terrible because its not the original stuff.

11. Blui lv85 paladin
    Blui

Soon. Stargate the movie.

I think this is a good decision, hopefully he doesn't screw it up and makes it as good as Star Trek.

12. Zenith ||||
    Zenith

Stargate already had a movie, Blui.

the prequel trilogy was heavily green-screened which is why it can be somewhat jarring to watch, especially compared to the original trilogy (which was mostly done without the aid of computers)

Aquapulse likes this.
  13. omahanime Come and visit me.
    omahanime

Finally an explanation of the preference for the first trilogy that makes sense.

14. Familiar Make 7up Yours!!!!!!
    Familiar

I heard JJ Abrams is a huge Star Wars fan. He sneaks a Star Wars reference into everything. In Star Trek, in the debris field there is R2D2 floating. In one of his television series the license plates on the cars were R2D2 and C3PO.

15. Pride May I kill him?
    Pride

The acting, character development, and overall story are definitely worse then the original, Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman in particular did awful. Episodes I-III were going to be held to a very high standard that Star Wars was not only very popular but also held to high esteem to critics at the time (such as Star Wars: A New Hope winning best picture). They certainly are not as bad as some like to say but just worse movies overall.

Always, JJ Abrams is an excellent choice to direct the new films.

Zenith likes this.
  16. Elite Stride ♫ I'm on the road to Viridian City ♫
    Elite Stride

I have never been disappointed in anything from Abrams, he is really extraordinary. No worries here.

Fringe. <3

dmaster likes this.
  17. Kecleon-X 124c41+
    Kecleon-X

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Stargate_movies

There are many of these. In fact, it started as a movie.

As for JJ Abrams, I have no doubts in his abilities. His work in Fringe, Revolution and Star Trek are fantastic.

18. Guts CyberPhunk
    Guts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2bA6jc6KqQ

Now we've got spin-offs. Good or bad? I personally think the Boba Fett movie will be really interesting, but that might just be the extreme fangasm talking.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?

Moderated By

GrandPanacea, Juliacoolo, Tails