Ruling stacking the deck

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob
I know that it's against the rules to stack your deck while shuffling, my question is more towards pre shuffling. if while searching your deck (say from the effect of a trainer/supporter/stadium or attack) you notice some cards right next to each other that you don't want together as 2 DCE's right next to each other, is it ok to separate them?

also, is it against the spirit of the game to stack your deck so that when you take the deck out of the box they only see a specific card (like say a water energy in an Arceus deck) to mislead the opponent to thinking you have a certain type of deck? even though they really shouldn't be trying to look at your deck as you're shuffling or taking it out of the deck box.

thanks guys.

DE "I highly doubt it would be seen unless the opponent was actually looking for what card was on the bottom." that's why I was stating that second part.. kind of a punishment for them looking (since an Arceus deck can really use any energy). I've decided to stick a Psychic energy on the bottom while in the deck box. just in case.

In regards to the first question, I would reason that doing that is acceptable, just so long as you sufficiently shuffle your deck after you do, and (as usual) let your opponent cut as well. I base it on what they said about Oracle (an old supporter that has the same effect as Porygon-Z X's Decode):

Q. I play an Oracle, and search for two cards. While I am searching, I find that I have a HUGE energy pocket coming up. So I break it up and add some trainers in between them. I then shuffle and put 2 cards on top. Is that legal?
A. As long as you shuffle sufficiently afterwards. (Mar 25, 2004 PUI Rules Team)
Second one...eh, I can't answer that one.

Here's what I was able to find:
PokePop said:
It was discussed at one point making "declumping" a penalty issue.
however, it was decided that it would be difficult to enforce. As bulbasnore stated, there are plenty of ways to accomplish the same thing while looking like you are doing legitimate actions during the search.

So, rather than putting judges in the position of splitting hairs on this issue, it was decided that it was better to focus on the proper shuffle that needs to be done after the search, which will give a randomized deck at the end of the procedure.

You could put whatever card you like on the bottom of your deck. I highly doubt it would be seen unless the opponent was actually looking for what card was on the bottom.~Mark

Yes, I don't see a problem with putting a certain card on the bottom of your deck. I do it; I usually put something generic such as a collector, communication, or bebe on the bottom.

Back