SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

I got every character in one day =]. I'm very pleased with the charcters (ESPECIALLY SONIC!!!!!)

The controls are pretty easy, I've been playing for 10 hours straight (I have a cold, so I get to sit in bed all day :D)

Don't feel bad, Amt. I didn't even know what a smash ball looked like :p

I know what it is now. -_-
Anyways, how come when I reached 100 Brawls, no Lucario? D:

I've gotten 48% done on the SubSpace Emi....whatever it is :/ It just gets really hard after that.

Maybe you miscounted, Amt. I'm positive that all of those numbers work since I've been able to unlock them after I reach each specific number of brawls.

No, I didn't miscount. It even said "You now have had 100 matches" or something like that, plus, I went to my Brawl Records to see how many I had. :/

AND JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS: I KNOW IT IS B

I can't wait to get Brawl but I don't have a Wii yet. Brawl is now out for those that do not have it yet.:)

omg my little brother is a crybaby.my mom is so stupid also!she always takes his side.my brother has been playing for like 10 hours!ive only got like 12%!12%!!!!!!!YOU PEOPLE ARE LUCKY YOU DONT HAVE HOG OF A BROTHERS!

wow sorry to here that that must really stink.also i was just bored and was playing an infinte time brawl with no one on secound player and also turned off evry item except for the poke balls and just opened one and latias came out and i took a pic before it flew of then i cought before it flew of screen to take another pic and omg!!! it was latios is this common or a weired glitch.and amt you dont have to complete 100 you can just unlock himm by play in the story mode you should be able to get him around 40 to 45 %.

Regarding Latias and Latios, if you find one, it'll summon the other, and they'll do the same move.

And if you can't get Lucario by playing 100 Brawls, try a 101st. You can also get Lucario by beating the Target Test on all levels or, of course, running into him in the Subspace Emissary.

Every Wi-Fi match I've had that's had four players has had lag so far for me. It really interrupts the flow of the game, but I'll put up with it, as I know everyone else is feeling it too. A bigger problem is the difficulty in finding people. Nintendo's servers must be clogged or something, since unless it's very late at night, like right now, the game is unable to find anybody.

Amt, you have to press A. [/sarcasm]

Whoa you lucky americans.

dmaster, good luck for you! Did you beat which bosses yet? Did you met Dedede?

Argh 500 internal error twice, it's a 1000 internal error :[

Well people, get yer cameras out and post some nice Classic mode and SSE videos for me :X

MM, If you have a PAL Wii, just order a Freeloader (the Wii version to play Wii games, make sure it's the right one).

About that, I'm probably going to have both my copy of SSBB and my Freeloader by the end of this week... I hope, so after I unlock Jiggly, I'll be ready to start beatin' y'all.

http://brawl.kakkoister.com/
^ for all you snap-shop decrypter needs.

I really hope the lag won't be THAT extreme, I really want to get some decent matches, tournament play on neutral stages without items should make it less laggy. I wasn't planning on free-for-alling anyways unless, you know, it's something redicolous like Pokémon Trainer vs Pokémon Trainer with Pokéballs only on very high on Pokémon Stadium :p

Ophie said:
Every Wi-Fi match I've had that's had four players has had lag so far for me. It really interrupts the flow of the game, but I'll put up with it, as I know everyone else is feeling it too. A bigger problem is the difficulty in finding people. Nintendo's servers must be clogged or something, since unless it's very late at night, like right now, the game is unable to find anybody.
Heh, I had the same exact problem in the evening and gave up after a while.

Well, my last 36 hours have been spent on Brawl. I got to Gamestop at 9:00PM on Saturday, competed in the tournament (which I managed to place second in , lol) and got home with Brawl at about 12:30. A few friends of mine and I continued to play SSE until 10:00 when we beat it, and went on to start unlocking other bonus modes/content. I went to sleep at 5:00PM Sunday, and woke up at 11:00AM today.

For any of you who don't have the game, Brawl is AWESOME.

All the characters seem very well balanced, everyone has interesting movesets, SSE is extremely fun and addictive with good replay value, and WiFi works pretty well. (In WiFi you can end up having anywhere between no lag to almost impossible lag conditions based on the internet connection of yourself and your oppenents)

All in all this game is great, and I'm sorry c-m (I refuse to refer to you as Heavenly Spoon), but it looks like Jiggly's Rest got nerfed miserably. Don't worry though, almost all of her physical moves got increased in power.

Also, my Brawl Code should appear under my name, so if anyone wants to battle me, send me a PM or something.

[ChanseyMaster]

ChanseyMaster said:
For any of you who don't have the game, Brawl is AWESOME.
Yes, rub it in, seriously, was that really nessesary? ...
ChanseyMaster said:
All in all this game is great, and I'm sorry c-m (I refuse to refer to you as Heavenly Spoon), but it looks like Jiggly's Rest got nerfed miserably. Don't worry though, almost all of her physical moves got increased in power.
I am aware of this, I also know that due to reduced knock-back when using the same move over and over again, it's way easier to combo into (dair to rest seems way easier, and bair to rest actually seems possible). But yes, it's easier to DI out of, it only kills at 52-87% based on weight and it now leaves a flower on the other player's head. The time you stay asleep is just as long, but thanks to fast-falls being way slower, you won't get punished for not killing (The Risk-Reward is now crap, though, miss and you just got killed for nothing).
It also seems easier to wall-of-pain now (I saw people doing 5-bair-chains with ease, this is probably because of the reduced knock-back, seriously, Jiggly seems like the only character able to benefit from it.)

Honestly now, CM, did you actually think I didn't waste my time watching hours of Jiggly youtube footage whilst reading comments by some of the more prominent Jiggly players in the world?

And "Spoon" will do :p

you need to get serious guys, if you feel like a pro, try playing with olimar... throw some pikmin, chip loads of damage and then smash them from this planet...it´s fast, attacks from way far and... it´s olimar.

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
Yes, rub it in, seriously, was that really nessesary?
Oh yes, yes it was.

And yeah, I had assumed you had learned up on Jiggly's nerfage, I just thought you just would like some conformation from another PB member. Humor me and let me feel helpful.

[ChanseyMaster]

Yeah, it's freaky how good Olimar seems to have turned out, really. I can't wait to actually play one, his range seems deadly, combine that with small size and very good projectiles, you got yourself a killer. Too bad his recovery sucks :p. I'm probably not going to play him, though, like how I refused to play as Fox, and I live Jiggly too much :p

And the few Olimar vs Jiggly battles I've seen seemed pretty close. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPjWLlfWi_Y
That's like Mango, one of the best Jiggly players of all time vs DSF, a member of DBR... Yeah, whatever, that's like really huge.
I also have a vid of DSF beating Mango with olimar, but that's like completely besides the point.

Back