SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

I'm leaving my home right now to get it. I reserved it in the mall, so I didn't get to get it at midnight. I don't care, really. One way or another, I'm beating SSE today, and unlocking all Characters, Stages, and Masterpieces before my best friend comes over and I beat him with Jiggly. (You'd be proud of me, HS. I've gotten really good with Jigglypuff, and I finally see the true potential of his mid-air combat. I usually KO Kirby when his damage is really low. :p)

dmaster out.

It says in the Dojo that to unlock Ness you need to reflect 10 projectiles...what does that even mean?

Go to Group. Then to Special Brawl. Then go down to where it says "Status" and put the status on Reflect. I'm gotten Ness and Marth so far. =]

i didnt reserve it either and i got it.....they buy so many copies that you dont even have to pre-order it.that happened to halo3 also.

Wow, I've already gotten Falco, Lucario, Captain Falcon and Marth aded on to my roster :]

I have every character except Toon Link and Wolf now. I did it my falling of the stage over and over again in vs. mode. That's the quickest way to get every character. Here is a list of how many matches you need in order to unlock each character:

Captain Falcon - 70
Falco - 50
Ganondorf - 200
Jigglypuff - 350
Lucario - 100
Luigi - 22
Marth - 10
Mr. Game & Watch - 250
Ness - 5
R.O.B. - 160
Snake - 130
Sonic - 300
Toon Link - 400
Wolf - 450

brawl is soo freegan sweat. Falco is awesome, ike is a power house, yoshi got a mega upgrade, KingDDD is slow but good, PT kicks ars, pit is really fast, and i won a bet in spectator mode:p
are we going to have any Tourney's or wifi matches here or just keep on talking about getting the game?

i played horrible yesterday at my game :(

I played Amt in a few Wi-Fi brawls. It was fun... Virtually no lag. :]

lol. That was fun, KG. After you left I was against some other guy and I IM'd him in the middle of the fight so while he was looking at the message he fell of the stage. :D
Though, there was a lot of lag with that guy. xD

Well, at least we can still have a match without lag. That's funny how you got him to fall off by sending him a message. The only time I sent you a message was when you had your Final Smash going and I was on the far side of the stage. xD

Shut up. I still don't even know how to activate the Final Smash. :]

I'm not exactly sure either. I just hit all of the buttons. It's probably something simple too. :p

Ehh you guys are lucky. I probably wont get my copy until May or August. I might get it earlier if im lucky.

I liked the physics in Melee better, everything felt more firm. BUT you can tell they went out of their way to balance characters in this game. I played a good majority of the characters and I felt almost all of them handled reasonably even. So I like that I can play a good amount of the characters and feel comfortable with them.

I'm honestly not sure if I can get used to wall-jumping characters though. It gets in the way at times for me.

Yeah, me too Pory. Diddy and ZSS gets stuck a lot for me. I'm 29% in the SSE, and I've unlocked Marth. I'm looking forward to at least beating it today. I'll probably try Wi-Fi later. I've cleared some Events, seen some cool ATs, and played on the Battlefield. :]

dmaster out.

Amt said:
Shut up. I still don't even know how to activate the Final Smash. :]

You use a Neutral B. eg Fox's blaster and instead, you'll do your final smash.

Ever thought of posting something that matters, d master, or do you have to find the stupidest things to pick at in all your posts?

PMJ out.

I really like how unpredictable Final Smashes are. It makes the game have a "free-for-all" feeling. I also like how you have to hit it a few times in order to obtain it, rather than just picking it up. The physics in Melee were better. It doesn't feel like the movements are completely realistic for some reason, especially for characters with big jumps and the ability to fly. I feel like most of the characters are balanced, but Lucario is just awful. I see it as being downgraded from Mewtwo, which wasn't very good in the first place. Online is great once you get everything figured out, but the menus make it confusing to get an actual brawl started. Amt and I couldn't figure out how to connect right away.

is it just me or the Wiimote is way harder than the regular GC Wave Bird?... i´ve been playing yhe game for like an hour... and, the GC controller feels so much better than the nunchuck.

Back