Finished Speed Mafia XLIV - The 'Beach Attack - Game Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention the fact that me randomly guessing you submitting Peek is about a 1/1,000,000 chance.

Let's not forget that it's still possible NP is scum. He could have just edited the claim before posting it.

It is possible NP assumed that I would panic vote for scattered, which makes me look scummy, which makes people vote for me.

I have suspicions about Mirdo and Cypher, but I don't see solid enough evidence after more thought. Draclord is also a possibility.

I do believe it is possible scattered is scum as well, but I'm not buying it (yes, my vote for him was a panic vote. But is it scummy that I dont want to get lynched day 1 of my first game?). I really think NP is scum and wants to direct attention away from himself.

##VOTE: NinjaPenguin

Of course it is possible, and to that let me tell you- it's a good way to start with this mini game and then be more ready for the next main game. However- NP is a bad alternative to offer, seeing how his role is potentially a game changer for the town.

I think it this point it's fairly obvious that I'm going to be lynched, but I will try one last time to show you that I'm a townie.

I really thought NP was scum. When he claimed, I pretty much had absolutely no idea who to vote for, and then when he said this:
Also, does anyone see what's happening with Gekki and scattered? Their push on me was debunked, so they had to find someone else. They couldn't bear to vote eachother.
I panic voted because I didnt want to be lynched by NP. Then, I panic unvoted for the same reason. I get that this is pretty hard to believe, but here is my role:

You are Cypher333 and are aligned with the innocents. You are a user who has been on PokeBeach for quite a while, however, for much of that time you have been away from the site. You have trouble keeping up with many forum games, which is why YPPY games are the ones you interact in the most. However, you are determined to personally see this one through, and to help save the beach.

Wonder Trade [Active Ability]
Each night, you may choose two players. Those players will swap places, causing all actions intended to be used on one player to be redirected to the other, and vice versa. You may choose yourself as one of the two players.

Tidal Rotation [Passive Ability]
You seem to have an uncanny ability to control the tides. In fact, as long as you’re alive, the tides will advance and recede, enabling different buildings to be accessed each phase.

Flooding [Hidden Ability]
Reveals on your death.
You are Cypher333 and are aligned with the innocents. You are a user who has been on PokeBeach for quite a while, however, for much of that time you have been away from the site. You have trouble keeping up with many forum games, which is why YPPY games are the ones you interact in the most. However, you are determined to personally see this one through, and to help save the beach.

Each night, you may choose two players. Those players will swap places, causing all actions intended to be used on one player to be redirected to the other, and vice versa. You may choose yourself as one of the two players.

You seem to have an uncanny ability to control the tides. In fact, as long as you’re alive, the tides will advance and recede, enabling different buildings to be accessed each phase.

Reveals on your death.
I then re-voted for NP (which I still stand by) because I realised that he could have just edited his role, and because he does seem to be baiting me.
Editing a claim to say seer? Have you forgotten about counterclaims?
This is extremely scummy in my opinion. There is no seer to claim. This isn't Discord mafia and there could be more than one person with a seer-like ability anyways. He screwed up a lot with this one.
Not to mention the fact that me randomly guessing you submitting Peek is about a 1/1,000,000 chance.
I'm not denying you got my role. I'm denying that you are a townie. They are completely different things, since you don't get to pick a roles' alignment.

There will never be more than 1 seer in a game. It's incredibly unbalanced. Currently, the fight on the Forums is whether to have 1 or 0.
How does seer help scum?

There will never be more than 1 seer in a game. It's incredibly unbalanced. Currently, the fight on the Forums is whether to have 1 or 0.
How does seer help scum?
I'm sure the alignments were randomized, so you could have Peek and be scum. If the alignments weren't random, I think BB would have let us choose our roles' alignments.

Anyway, the day is now over, so let's see what happens.
Doctor please protect me. Getting my 1 seer result for tonight could be really important, and I'll probably die without you.

He said the game would be balanced. Randomizing alignments does not insure balance.
One of the Abilities I posted for my role:

Head Mafia: If you are one of the Mafia, you may kill 1 more person on the night you used this Ability. (You can only use this Ability once)

So if it isn't randomized, how would you explain you getting this? You probably edited it out when you edited out being scum.

Final Vote Count
Jade - Ninja Penguin [#14-29], Gekki [#16-21]

mirdo - quaking [#15-73], Gekki [#61-67]

Ninja Penguin
- Gekki [#21-61], GM Drac [#28], scattered [#43-58], Gekki [#78]
Gekki - Ninja Penguin [#29], rainyman [#36], scattered [#58-60], quaking [#73]
GM Drac - scattered [#60]
scattered - Gekki [#67-74]

Not Voting: Cypher, Jade, mirdo

Deadline in: PASSED
This count is NOT adjusted for vote manipulation.

Last edited:
Much back-and-forth occured between the beach members, who had really been thrown into the deep end as of late. Ninja Penguin was pushed to the front of the pack, however upon speaking a few words, the members hesitated, and called for Gekki's head instead!

"No!" Gekki shouted, as he was strapped to a boat to be sent to sail away. "I have pledged my life to save the 'Beach!"

Gekki was lynched. He was innocent:

On your death, the beach will flood, causing the tides to temporarily advance a stage.

Suddenly, water flooded the arena, feet deep!

Day 2
With that disappointing news, the members went about their nightly actions. When they returned the following morning, they had found rainyman to be left for the dead.

rainyman has been killed during the night. He was innocent:
You are Ninja Penguin and are aligned with the innocents. You’re the true ninja master of the group, even if posers like BB try to convince people otherwise. You have entered this conflict only to prove that you're the best ninja, and you fully intend to prove it at all costs.

Ninja Sense [Active Ability]
Your training as a ninja has granted you the ability to sense things that others cannot. As such, if you are acted on during the night, you will be informed of what type of action it was. Additionally, each night you may choose a player and learn what type of action(s) were used on that player during the night. If you do this, you will be unable to distinguish between the actions on yourself and the actions on the other player.

The members awoke a bit shocked. The attack had begun!

The flood waters have made it as if it is high tide!
As long as it's high tide, players can visit the psychologist or the law firm during the night instead of using their normal Active Ability.

Day 2 has begun! It will end in approximately 23 hours from this post. Activity prod for @Cypher333; you must post at least once during this day.

C'mon guys, just because I say I will post does not mean you shouldn't.
One of the Abilities I posted for my role:

So if it isn't randomized, how would you explain you getting this? You probably edited it out when you edited out being scum.
As for this abomination, this is incredibly broken. BB would never let this role make it's way into an actual game, because it screws up MYLO/LYLO numbers so much and he already knows how that can be bad from his last game. He would never let that role make it into the actual game.

Here's the PM I received:
You peeked at scattered mind's alignment and found he was innocent. Fingers crossed that there's no catch.

You have suddenly forgotten how to use your role!
You are Gekki and are aligned with the innocents. You are very eager to lynch, and they will vote extremely quickly. If someone is close to being lynched, they will often change their vote to that person.

Peek [Locked]

Answers [Locked]
Unlocks upon visiting a psychologist.
There's still obviously a chance it's wrong, but scattered seems to be most likely a townie.

Rainy's role is pretty similar to what I sent to BB, but I sent one a bit better for scum, that specifically seeked out investigative roles and could act as a ninja.

As for the most scummy person left, I'd go with Quaking or Drac. I'm willing to trust scattered on this one, but Quaking playing both sides still sets off some alarm bells.

I got this message. Between these lines was a quote, which said "You successfully asked -smudged out word- whether they'd like to join your alliance, and are waiting for a response."
Someone shoves an envelope in your hand. You open it, and find the following:

Confused, you wonder whether this is a player's results update for the night.

Gonna quickly note that this part was part of the end of night message, but I didn't quote it because I didn't want to give out this info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back