Speed Lostgar?

Zangosse

Aspiring Trainer
Is it possiable to have a fast lostgar deck the sets up turn 2 every game. if so what do u think a list would look like.

4-3-4 Gengar Prime
4 Mew Prime
-------------------------------- 17 Pokemon.
----------------------------------------------------
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Rare Candy
4 Professor Elm's Training Method
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Lost World
---------------------------------------------- 20 T/S/S/
------------------------------------------------------------

You'd have to at least run that to get a fast LostGar.

To start, why would you run four Lost World to begin with? Two or three with max Twins is good enough.

the aura is with me8 said:
4-3-4 Gengar Prime
4 Mew Prime
-------------------------------- 17 Pokemon.
----------------------------------------------------
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Rare Candy
4 Professor Elm's Training Method
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Lost World
---------------------------------------------- 20 T/S/S/
------------------------------------------------------------

You'd have to at least run that to get a fast LostGar.
Don't forget you should have seekers and spiritomb TR

There is no such thing as a guaranteed turn 2 setup in this game. Without any speed trainers, getting a T2 Stage 2 consistently is almost impossible.

Is LostGar even viable in this format? I tried to build one, but I ended up always putting Vileplume in it because it seems like people Junk Arm all of the Pokemon they don't need. Even then it didn't always work.

Vileplume/Reuniclus/Gengar is basically the only way to play it without Mew, but then you're better off with Goth/Reuniclus or a deck that doesn't leave your opponent with control after you're setup.

My take 4 mew prime, 4 gengar prime, 4-4 electrode prime, 16 psychic energy, 4 twins, 3 lost world, spam..... Pretty much. if its a stage 2 it should be useless as in no basic's because you want to seal off, you don't want to spend an additional turn setting up some lofty stage 2, you don't even have enough time to care for they're catcher or whatever if you want auto win t2, if you do spam basic's with collector and dual ball.

^The only problem with that is ZPS will laugh as it eats you alive. I like Vileplume because then ZPS at least has some issues getting everything ready.

You can run a 4 mew prime, with a 3-3-4 gengar. and a 3-2-2 vileplume. Your ideal start would be a mew with a psychic to see off a gengar. Hopefully turn two you get out vileplume while getting a haunter or maybe even a candy gengar and then you can hopefully see off two pokemon with mew. You don't attach more than two energy to a mew/gengar in the match. when you are at 5 pokemon in the Lost zone and you know you have the game, Make sure you play lost world before you attack... so you can win once you attack.

^The only problem with that is ZPS will laugh as it eats you alive. I like Vileplume because then ZPS at least has some issues getting everything ready.

Dude they would still donk you t1 with or without trianer lock, it's that simple, my line is made for t2 decimation, no thought to zek's because zek's kill one at a time I only need one sacrificial lamb to setup in an army of power's and auto win's. The beauty about this strategy is you're not supposed to put energy on hand, you want zekrom to hemmorage it's already large line cast to setup, I have 2 mew and 2 voltorb in play you're effed no matter what, I play vileplume that means I need a cleffa to stall, but the still catcher you're oddish and then it just slows down trainer lock, they see you physically setup more then one energy on mew, or they see one on mew already, they're going to mentally imply, oh hey I gotta place basic's or shuffle my hand for energy and T/S/S to negate me getting anything I need in the lost zone and they will just so they can seeker or scoop next turn. This doesn't give them the stratgey to think, it takes them down to not being able to play for the fast win, because they just got screwed over for wanting to hold onto that shaymin to auto setup zek, or pachi for the energy. Basic fact's.

No matter what you do ZPS(T) will be Lostgar's worst matchup. There's nothing to it. You just have to play smartly - like either taking some Cursed Drop knockouts, or using Seeker to force things back into their hand en masse. As soon as they see that Gastly, they'll keep their Pokemon out of their hand. You just need to find the most effectively way of crippling ZPS(T) and turning an auto-loss into a maybe-win.

Speed Lostgar is a nice idea, but Lostgar's primary concern is not to be fast - it is to last. You'll need to take attack after attack while still trying to LZ those crucial 6 cards. Vileplume with Lostgar actually isn't that bad of an idea.

I agree that ZPS is gengars worst nightmare ( odd pun on words!). Anyway we have been working on variants of lostgar and no matter what we do, ZPS wins. The reni/plume/gar looks great on paper, but catcher kills it. Benching oddish, gastly and solisis is great till they see your intention and knock out the oddish/solisis.
Yes it activates twins, but then grab a candy and evol gengar? Or reni? Or the other oddish? If you take the oddish route it slows gengar down a lot.
I want lostgar to have its day before rotation, just can't find a way yet. To answer the OP's question, dual ball/collector combo is a great start to get the world going.
Interesting twist with electrode though. I'd like to see if it would be playable.

I have just started re-buiding my MewGar deck myself. Running 4 Mew is the fastest way to play this deck because it allows you to use Gengar's Hurl T2, but if you end up going second then it is an auto loss against any T1 attacker, even if you have 2 Mews in play. Right now I am trying to configure a MewGar that will not get donked by ZPST, the deck that is really holding MewGar back. Even with Vileplume it is slim chances to winning against the most popular deck at the moment.

Sleeping Snorlax said:
You can run a 4 mew prime, with a 3-3-4 gengar. and a 3-2-2 vileplume. Your ideal start would be a mew with a psychic to see off a gengar. Hopefully turn two you get out vileplume while getting a haunter or maybe even a candy gengar and then you can hopefully see off two pokemon with mew. You don't attach more than two energy to a mew/gengar in the match. when you are at 5 pokemon in the Lost zone and you know you have the game, Make sure you play lost world before you attack... so you can win once you attack.
You would have to wait until the next turn. Attacking ends your turn - you're not allowed to use the effect of a stadium after attacking.

Celebi23 said:
You would have to wait until the next turn. Attacking ends your turn - you're not allowed to use the effect of a stadium after attacking.

The effect of the stadium happens as soon as there are six pokemon in a lost zone.

^For real? :O

I'll go check in the rules team, but to me that means the deck deserves another look and I've got to re-do a lot of playtesting D:

How did nobody in my testing group know this?

EDIT-Whoops, missed your professor title. Well thanks for letting me know anyway lol.

I guess that's what I get for not playing when the card was so hyped.

Celebi23 said:
^For real? :O

I'll go check in the rules team, but to me that means the deck deserves another look and I've got to re-do a lot of playtesting D:

How did nobody in my testing group know this?

Sorry about that... I was just going by what my TO has told me in the past. I read the text and believe you are correct. I do apologize.

Back