Speculation as to what promo cards the fall 2012 tins might contain?

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
Spring 2007 and Spring 2011 had preview tins featuring the starter pokemon.

Fall 2007 and Fall 2011 had the final evolution of the starter pokemon

Spring 2008 and Spring 2012 had the mascots of the video games and another pokemon, namely Darkrai and Kyurem.

Fall 2008 had Mewtwo and Rhyperior, both being from Legends Awakened for wave 1, and Heatran and Regigigas from Stormfront for wave 2.

I predict that Fall 2012 will follow suit, and rather than having 3 tins, there would be 4 instead, and all 4 would have dragon cards. Wave 1 would feature Rayquaza EX and Giratina EX, and Wave 2 would feature Black Kyurem EX and White Kyurem EX. It only makes sense that way, as I couldn't see it any other way.

The next tins are indeed Dragon tins, though I don't know which Dragons... Those awesome alt art Ray/Gir would be cool though!

^ lolz. Rayquaza tins. Sold out four weeks before release. I predict the Garchomp and Hydreigon from the starter decks, with 2 Dragon Typer packs 1 Dark Explorers, 1 Next Destinies and 1 Noble Victories

It'd be a bit odd including the SD Garchomp/Hydreigon, as then they'd just throw in their base forms into the Dragon set anyway... Wouldn't surprise me if the tins have a few cards each.

Well, just it would be weird if there were 2 of each in the Dragon set. But then there is the Stage 1s and the Basics. I guess they could be in a box/blister and then be some dragon types in the tins.

Actually, I think that White & Black Kyurem could be in the Dragon tins, as Kyurem, Zekrom and Reshiram (Tao trio) were in the previous tins and Kyurem's formes are just fusions of the Tao trio.

Well, last tins had the EXs in them, there were the Reshiram/Zekrom Tinds, the evolved battle action tins the Typhlosion/Meganium/Feraligatr Prime tins, the LvX tins and many more.

PREprints - when the tin promos are released before the cards appear in a set.

As I said, I predict that the fall 2012 tins will be released in 2 waves. 2 tins in September, after the international version of Dragon Blast Dragon Blade, and 2 tins in December, after the international version of Freeze Bolt Cold Flare. Therefore, no preprints. Rayquaza and Giratina EX released in first wave, and Black Kyurem and White Kyurem released in second wave. Just like Mewtwo, Rhyperior, Regigigas and Heatran in 2008.

As to what boosters they contain, I'm thinking all 4 versions will have Next Destinies, Dark Explorers, and Dragonbladeblast. The 4th one depends on what wave the tins are in. The first wave will have a second Dragonbladeblast, while the second wave will have freezeboltcoldflare.

I think Hydreigon and Garchomp will be the summer 2012 set's theme deck mascots, while Serperior, Emboar, and Samurott from the National Beginning Set are the theme deck mascots for the fall 2012 set. At least that is how I hope it is.

Has it been confirmed that there's only two tins? There's the dragon Kyurem that would be perfect for a tin, and it'd make sense as he fits with Rayquaza and Giratina thematically.

Edit: Ha, I completely forgot that Ray/Gira would be EXs, never mind then

I don't think anything's been confirmed. That's such an average card compared to the others, and doesn't have the same design though.

Furn said:
Has it been confirmed that there's only two tins? There's the dragon Kyurem that would be perfect for a tin, and it'd make sense as he fits with Rayquaza and Giratina thematically.

In the fall of 2008, they released 4 tins split into 2 waves, so 2 tins per wave. What I suggested was that it could possibly follow that formula.

The first wave would contain Rayquaza EX and Giratina EX, while the second wave, released after the fall expansion, would contain Black Kyurem EX and White Kyurem EX.

Spring 2007 tins had Turtwig (with Tyrannitar cover), Chimchar, (with Camerupt cover) and Piplup (with Milotic cover).

Fall 2007 tins had Torterra LvX, Infernape LvX, and Empoleon LvX.

Spring 2008 at LvX versions of Dialga, Palkia, and Darkrai

Fall 2008 had LvX versions of Mewtwo and Rhyperior for first wave, then Heatran and Regigas for second wave.

Spring 2009 had LvX versions of Giratina, Shaymin, and Dialga.

Spring 2011 had Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott

Fall 2011 had Serperior, Emboar, and Samurott

Spring 2012 had EX versions of Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem

So following the pattern, I couldn't find any other way than to have 4 EX promos, 2 from the dragon blastblade set, and 2 from the freeze shock cold flare set.

Maybe there'll be a SUPER TIN with Rayquza EX (the promo one) and Giratina EX (the promo one) it will be the biggest tin ever!! :p
Two waves seems most likley.

I would <3 a rayquaza ex or giratina ex promo tin, if they release that expansion before fall!! A ho-oh ex promo would be fantabulous as well because I love the art.

New tins contain Rayquaza, Mewtwo and Darkrai!!!

They'll be released Mid September.

Info courtesy of PokeCollection (FB page: https://www.facebook.com/PokeCollection)

Might I add I think it's fantastic they're putting EXs in tins now (as opposed to once they become more obsolete, e.g. Yanmega, Magnezone) which will drive prices down significantly and make the game far more competitive with everyone able to get the powerful cards.

Back