Collecting Specific Pokémon Cards You Like to Collect

ArcanineKillz89

Aspiring Trainer
Who are your all time favorites and who is your favorite to collect. My favorites are Charmander, Growlithe, Abra, and Machop. I'd love to get all the variation cards of these. Anyone else have favorites that they try to get any card of?

RE: Favorites???

I love Abra and Munna/Musharna, they're my favorite Pokemon! I'm happy I have some of the old Base Set Abra's :D

RE: Favorites???

Nah, I just started playing like last summer. But my bf found some of his old cards, they've been in storage for yearssss. I collected some when i was a child also, but I haven't been able to find my old collection :(

RE: Are There Any Specific Pokémon Cards You All Like to Collect?

It's unfortunate that Charizard has been my favorite Pokemon since the very beginning of Pokemon, before I knew anything about its popularity and loved it just because it looked like a Dragon to me and I could have a "Dragon" starter, of my favorite element, Fire. xD

Besides Charizard, I love collecting Eeveelutions, Arcanine, Lucario, Ampharos, and some others, but these I think are my top favorites that I go out of my way to buy singles of in older sets and if I'm missing it in a newer set.

My "Charizard collection" is my main one, though, and it is up to 12 as of yesterday when I had one come in that I ordered to complete my Flash Fire Charizard set. I know I won't be able to get every card, as some are just TOO expensive! I do still have my base set Charizard from when I was little, in NM/M condition, and two of the Fire Red/Leaf Green Charizards. I just can't sell one of them, even if I got lucky to get a duplicate. xD

Luckily for me, my favourite Pokémon are by and large basics, so they tend to be cheap and easy Pokémon cards to find. I collect Shellos, Bellsprout, Dratini, Dragonair, and (most recently) Goomy TCG cards. I am by no means an obsessive collector, but I have all (or at least almost all) cards for those Pokémon in at least one language, including a holofoil Japanese Shellos that came in a Regigigigigigigigas collection pack thingie.

I also collect FAs, but not of any specific Pokémon.

Full Art AZ and Chrome Dialga EX FA. If I get those two cards then I'll have every SR/FA card from Phantom Forces!

Also, I want to get a second Gengar EX for my deck.

I like to collect the promo cards, both numbered and alternates.

I also like to collect the Pokemon full art cards.

And while it's only partly collecting related I have a full Pokemon cardex, with them all being holo or reverse holo except for two which currently have no holo versions.

Great to hear feedback from all of you! I want to get all the different artwork Abras they have. Always been one of my favorites besides Charmander and Growlithe.

I personally don't collect heavily. I moreso just get cards of Pokemon that I like, such as Jolteon and Flygon. I do get Holo cards just because now and then, but that's it.

Also, I play moreso with my family than competitively, so I don't really purchase individual pieces to a deck all at once. Instead, I'll usually just spend about $5 at a time to get a few decently playable cards at a time for the family to use. A few months back, I used a bit of Lawn-mowing money to get 2 Zekroms, 2 Beartics, and a Kecleon.

I want one of each card, but these are the ones I look for the more for my collection:
Pachirisu, Emolga, Pikachu, Eevee, Charmander, Torchic, Larvitar evolution line, promo star.

Porygon & anything fairy type! I have 21 Porygon cards, lots of them I traded or pulled, I also bought some holo Porygons from a card shop!

I currently only collect cards because of the full arts. I started buying the cards in the 90's when they first came out but I didn't collect them. Then when the e-series cards came out I stopped buying altogether. Then one day I saw a video on youtube and discovered full arts.

I immediately went out and bought like 6 packs, in my first 6 packs I got a full art Latios and a regular art Landorus. I honestly can't imagine collecting the older sets because their best cards are just holos. The full arts are just amazing. If they ever stop making full arts, ie when they run out of Pokemon to make full arts of I will probably stop collecting cards.

Since Ninetales is my favorite Pokemon it is probably my most wanted full art. Aside from that I don't collect any Pokemon in regular cards. Ninetales does have some awesome artwork in older sets though. But I would never collect the older sets because essentially they were the reason I got out of buying the cards. For me they're boring compared to the full arts now.

Well, who doesn't like FA's ?? :p
But I can't always invest in them, so I would be just lucky to pull one.
But I do like to collect Fairy type!
And for a specific Pokémon.. I love; Lapras & Audino.

I'm a bit of a sucker for good artwork, proper good, nice looking artwork so basically, I would collect any pokemon since the art is fantastic (except for the 3D ones, I don't like the look of them much.

If I had to choose a couple of pokemon, it would be Sharpedo, Gengar and the Hoenn ledgends. All the variations of those pokemon sitting in a binder for me to look at would be amazing but I know its going to cost me a arm and a leg to get them all.

Oh! I also did not mention that most any art on a card by Atsuko Nishida is usually an immediate WANT! I LOVE her art and she makes some Pokemon look cute that wouldn't otherwise!

Well, who doesn't like FA's ?? :p
But I can't always invest in them, so I would be just lucky to pull one.
But I do like to collect Fairy type!
And for a specific Pokémon.. I love; Lapras & Audino.

And stupid!
I totally forgot to mention my love for the Eeveelutions, so I really enjoyed the Plasma Freeze Expansion..

And stupid!
I totally forgot to mention my love for the Eeveelutions, so I really enjoyed the Plasma Freeze Expansion..
Eeveelutions! As you can probably guess from my avatar, I collect Eeveelutions. I'm still looking for a lot of them though.

I'm collecting Pokemon from the first generation. I am attempting to collect all English versions of them, but I do have certain conditions. For example, I want the definitive version of the card. To me, that's a reverse holo, unless the card is a holo rare. Also, no reprints, unless it features different artwork, or is updated artwork. Cards like Stormfront Charmander line are in, but stuff like Base 2 and Legendary Collection are out. It's a bit of a challenge, I'm just under 50% in 3 years of collecting.

Back