RSE/FRLG So the Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire 10th Anniversary is coming soon

RE: Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire 10th Anniversary Coming Soon

A remake announcement would be great.

redterror117 said:
Right, but the 4th/5th gen games are DS games, which can operate on systems that support GBA as well (DS/DS Lite). I think once they start making Pokemon games for the 3DS, then they 'might' remake the R/S/E games. However Red and Blue don't need to be remade, as Kanto was already updated in HG/SS

I don't think it's as simple as whichever regions are out of date get remade. If it was, we'd be seeing them every other gen pretty much, and by then it'll get kind of boring. They might be able to get away with it if they throw sequels into the mix, but I still think they should do something like that liberally, they shouldn't be doing too much rehashing.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
Maybe there will be RSE on virtual console for 3DS? that'd be sweet. and a Kyogre/Groudon distribution would be cool.

It'd be wonderful, and it'd sell systems if advertised, but it'll probably never happen. Nintendo is still in the stage of "Nope, there won't be any GBA games on the eShop.", so first that'd have to happen. But then, they'd never hear the end of it if the games didn't have multiplayer, so that'd require an emulator update, which means a system update.

NachoMan said:
A remake announcement would be great.

Unless its more of a sequel than remake, and features new pokemon, functioning like a completely unexpected bonus half-generation thing (like ~50 new pokes lol)... they better been working on something real past years, not a bunch of boring copy&paste remakes that arent justified in any way.

Chariblaze said:
It'd be wonderful, and it'd sell systems if advertised, but it'll probably never happen. Nintendo is still in the stage of "Nope, there won't be any GBA games on the eShop.", so first that'd have to happen. But then, they'd never hear the end of it if the games didn't have multiplayer, so that'd require an emulator update, which means a system update.

I thought that because of the embassador program, there would be at somepoint.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
I thought that because of the embassador program, there would be at somepoint.

Yeah, that's pretty much what's going to happen, as there's too much money to be made, but Nintendo's public statement is "There are no plans."

Bolt the Cat said:
First off, I didn't say it wasn't that great a game, I said it wasn't that special. I think it's okay, but most of the Pokemon are (or at least were) somewhat lackluster especially compared to what we got in GSC.

Yep, that is also me, and I'm on Serebii and DA as well.

Fair enough. It's mostly just me probably. I have a special attachment to this gen and its Pokemon so whatever lol. And yeah, a 3DS version with diving omygosh...Dive would look amazing.
GAMFREAK. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

AnimeUSA said:
And yeah, a 3DS version with diving omygosh...Dive would look amazing.
GAMFREAK. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Yes please. I was very disappointed with how they handled Dive in BW, that was one of the biggest letdowns in the game.

BW dive has absolutely nothing to do with RSE dive. (Abyssal Ruins was just a throw-in sidequest.) BW had no diving, as didn't generation 4.

Teal said:
BW dive has absolutely nothing to do with RSE dive. (Abyssal Ruins was just a throw-in sidequest.) BW had no diving, as didn't generation 4.

Well technically it was Dive, just a horribly restricted, badly implemented Dive.

But you just can't compare them like that, it's not fair. What I don't understand though is why they kept it as a HM. Or should I say, I don't understand why they kept HM:s in general. I think you had to use an HM like once during the game to progress and it was otherwise always optional. Maybe it's just so it's more clear to new players what you can use outside battle...

Teal said:
But you just can't compare them like that, it's not fair. What I don't understand though is why they kept it as a HM. Or should I say, I don't understand why they kept HM:s in general. I think you had to use an HM like once during the game to progress and it was otherwise always optional. Maybe it's just so it's more clear to new players what you can use outside battle...

Well regardless of the semantics of whether or not BW Dive is RSE Dive or whether or not it should or shouldn't be an HM, it's still extremely disappointing to announce the return of Dive, and then restrict it to one area where you can't explore underwater, and all you use it for is to enter an underwater ruins area that kicks you out after a good minute or so of exploring. Compared to RSE, where Dive gave you access to a whole new world of exploration and added depth (no pun intended) to water routes, BW feels like it's sort of misleading you.

I don't remember them announcing the return of Dive. It just was there. I understand what you say and I feel the same way. RSE Dive is pretty nice. But this is getting offtopic. C:

I hope there'll be a distribution of the legendaries on the date. That'd be nice, but hearing them say remakes would be better. :3
Hey! Satoshi is at the US Nintendo place. Maybe... Just maybe...(>w<)

PikabooPikachu said:
I hope there'll be a distribution of the legendaries on the date. That'd be nice, but hearing them say remakes would be better. :3
Hey! Satoshi is at the US Nintendo place. Maybe... Just maybe...(>w<)

hmm... What would be nice would be a pre-order special code you put in to get your starter Shiny with a special move it can't learn or ability it can't normally have!

FloodBadge said:
hmm... What would be nice would be a pre-order special code you put in to get your starter Shiny with a special move it can't learn or ability it can't normally have!

That would be nice, but it kind of sound complicated. If they do that, they should just have an event where you get one shiny starter one week, then next week another, and the week after that the last one. Kind of like how they gave out the shiny legendary beasts at gamestop.

PikabooPikachu said:
That would be nice, but it kind of sound complicated. If they do that, they should just have an event where you get one shiny starter one week, then next week another, and the week after that the last one. Kind of like how they gave out the shiny legendary beasts at gamestop.

the shiny legendary beasts were to recieve Zoroark.
but, if you put in a code before you start the game, it could make it so whichever starter you choose is shiny, and has the respective pledge move
it's not that hard or complicated

That's so random and I wouldn't like it either. :/ I dissaprove very, very, very much of getting in-game stuff through pre-order.

Teal said:
That's so random and I wouldn't like it either. :/ I dissaprove very, very, very much of getting in-game stuff through pre-order.

why?
wait... nevermind.
i guess a special wi-fi download of a special plusle for the sapphire and minun for the ruby would be cool. like, plusle is female and shiny at level 10 with pound, tail whip, discharge, and sing while minun is male and shiny at level 10 with tackle, growl, discharge, and wake-up-slap

Well sir/mam a remake would most definitly be a great annoucment for the anniversary would be great

Back