SM9 'Tag Volt,' Japan's December Set!

Wechselbalg

brb
This is a very nerfed Colress to the point that it's downright unplayable. I personally wouldn't waste deck space on this as it's very situational, even if the possibility of drawing up to six in Standard is good right now. In that format it might be a "cute" 1-of but in Expanded we have the aforementioned Colress so yeah...not impressed.

Last edited:

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
Perhaps I'm reading the card wrong, but at best it's on par with a Lilly.
If you have either 6 or 5 cards including Erika's Hospitality you can draw cards up to the amount of pokemon you're opponent has in play. But you can't play the card if you have more than 6 cards even if Erika's hospitality is the extra. Basically, you need to have a hand size of six or lower, to play this card with it counting itself as part of the number.

McScoobs

Aspiring Trainer
Okay so I am very new to the game, so new in fact I haven’t actually built a deck yet. I have some people at my local card shop giving me advice and tried to explain how sets are released between Japan and then printed in English.

I know the next English set is Tag Team, and if I’m not mistaken contains cards from the last 3 Japanese sets. So is it a guarantee that if a card was in one of the most recents Japanese sets that it will be in the next English set? Reason I ask is I’m curious on how reprints work. Once I build a deck I’m going to want to make it look nice but don’t want to invest in a card that is about to leave standard. (Not exactly sure when the next rotation is supposed to be)

Pokefam

300 something/400
This card is AWEFUL someone explain to me why this is better than cynthia or Lillie

PS No matter what your reason its still a inferior draw supporter

CxEriK

Aspiring Trainer
Okay so I am very new to the game, so new in fact I haven’t actually built a deck yet. I have some people at my local card shop giving me advice and tried to explain how sets are released between Japan and then printed in English.

I know the next English set is Tag Team, and if I’m not mistaken contains cards from the last 3 Japanese sets. So is it a guarantee that if a card was in one of the most recents Japanese sets that it will be in the next English set? Reason I ask is I’m curious on how reprints work. Once I build a deck I’m going to want to make it look nice but don’t want to invest in a card that is about to leave standard. (Not exactly sure when the next rotation is supposed to be)

From post experience, the Feb Set Team up would include Japanese set SM8a-Dark Order, SM8b-Ultra Shiny and SM9-Tag Team.
The next rotation would probabaly rotate out SM base, Guardian Rising, Burning Shadow and Crisimon Invasion.
You can use older version of Cards with their latest remaining in the rotation. Hence, Lillie is in SM base and Ultra Prism, as UP is still in after next year's rotation, you can still use SM base version Lillies.

Corentin M.

Aspiring Trainer
I'm a little bit embarassed to see ThePokémonCompany introduce TagTeam Pokémon (which gives 3 Prizes) and have a "suicide Prize" Beedrill which can easily take KO on them, in the same set. I find it's like scuttle its own innovation in the game…
… In the other hand, Beedrill is a s2 and how could be his matchup again a 1prize deck?... I'm perplexed.

arulz

THE SEEKER
All this time I’ve been reading this as “3 heads” and was just like, how are you guys seeing this?? I clearly only see 1 head!! Lol

Can’t read...