SM9 'Tag Volt,' Japan's December Set!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Sep 3, 2018.

1. theprp30 Aspiring Trainer
    theprp30

I know your giving up 3 prize cards if you knock it out but this hp numbers are getting way to high and we're not even that long into the 25o hp era being the high.

2. Aera14 Aspiring Trainer
    Aera14

Be afraid be very afraid.

Wechselbalg likes this.
  3. I think you know what I mean dude. The four retreat cost.

4. CrownAxe Aspiring Trainer
    CrownAxe

Yes but what about the 4 retreat cost? Your question doesn't make sense

5. Dark Espeon Dark Avatar
    Dark Espeon

I assume the question is whether cards that reduce the retreat cost of a Pokémon with four retreat cost and muscle pad attached would negate the extra HP from the tool. A similar question could be asked about cards that increase the HP of said Pokémon such as Alolan Dugtrio and Absol from the same set. It is not an offical answer but I assume that both methods would work to negate the extra HP from the tool.

6. Anselm Sim Aspiring Trainer
    Anselm Sim

Oh deeeeeeeeeeeear.

Looks like it's time for Charizard GX to enter the fray :D

7. KeoKeo Aspiring Trainer
    KeoKeo

Power Creep = Playable Shadow Lugia

8. "Will a "no retreat cost" ability/ stadium card counteract the negative effects of this card?"
    "the negative effects of this card"- The four retreat cost

Hmmmmmmm

9. Ashblaze Full Art Supporter Hunter
    Ashblaze

i first read it wrong and thought it said retreat of 3 or more so i started to look up all the gxs with 3 or more and it made me happy then i came back to this and noticed it actually meant just 4 retreat cost *awkward laughing engage* so now i don't like the card because its very limited to only pokemon with that much retreat but someone can see the bright side of this card and put it to good use, i can't wait to see the rest of this set including the full art supporters, i hope lieutenant surge could get a supporter too cause of lets go and a couple other kanto gym leaders with the full art treatment i would love it

10. ShinyZard Aspiring Trainer
    ShinyZard

I feel like this is very unnecessary. With these new high HP Tag Team pokemon getting released, increasing the HP even higher is so busted. Hopefully, no one uses these new high HP Tag Team pokemon equipped with this muscle pad in stall decks... cause that would be very annoying to play against.

11. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

12. Professor_jplap Nap Time
    Professor_jplap

Love the art

Orias likes this.
  13. Luplayz The Master of bad Pokemon
    Luplayz

oooh, Lightning Lunala GX

14. Plaquesanta ೭੧(❛〜❛✿)੭೨
    Plaquesanta

Advanced Member Member

That could make for a cute Zeraora deck with a couple of Naganadels, if there were enough bench space. Beast ring onto an electric Beast would probably be easier to pull off

15. Zzrrdd Aspiring Trainer
    Zzrrdd

Slightly worse quagsire, except for lightning decks. I like it though

16. GekkisaiDaiNi The Sharp Alien
    GekkisaiDaiNi

Love the art & it's semi-useful so thats a plus. Though honestly I can only see it being used in some kind of fringe Zeraora deck.

17. Heviin Aspiring Trainer
    Heviin

Pikachu Tag GX for a surprise 4 prize KO!

Keau and Kent Freeze like this.
  18. RisingRaichuu Aspiring Trainer
    RisingRaichuu

Advanced Member Member

BTECH AROMATISSE

19. Wechselbalg *****
    Wechselbalg

Cute ability, but the illustration is great!

Starsoulklr likes this.
  20. CrownAxe Aspiring Trainer
    CrownAxe

Muscle Pad doesn't have a negative effect!!!!! It has a bonus (+50HP) and a requirement that the equipped pokemon need to have 4 retreat cost to get +50HP. THERE IS NO NEGATIVE EFFECT.

Please ask a question that makes sense

TatsuyaOrimuta and Starsoulklr like this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?