SM7a 'Fairy Rise' Announced!

MrMimik

Aspiring Trainer
The new Grovyle is fun, but Sceptile-GX is pretty tame compared to something like Shiftry-GX. I’d just use CST Sceptile with Grovyle, at least that’s immune to Beast Box and can deal more damage with good acceleration.

Mina sucks, regardless. Yes it searches your deck for a {Y} Energy, but that’s still just a single {Y} Energy. If it accelerated more than 1, maybe, but it’s useless by just accelerating 1. Not even something like Gardevoir-GX could use it, since again, it’s only 1 Energy.

Ribombee’s Ability is nice, but it should have been on a basic Fairy, this is a low HP Stage 1 that can’t attack.

So far, the only new cards I like are Net Ball (for VikaBulu and Genesect), Mimikyu-GX, and Xerneas Prism Star. Everything else is kind of just... not really that much of a Fairy buff.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
The sceptile isn't that bad considering we have the anti beast baby sceptile. We also have Lefeon and choice band for more damage and heal

Zipplip

Aspiring Trainer
Mina just really doesn’t work due to being your supporter for the turn. Maybe it will be useful in a few scenarios, but for the most part, it just isn’t worth it.

Ribombee I’m mixed on, it’s got a great ability don’t get me wrong, but the whole issue I have with it is if people will have space for it.

Treecko is alright, but Grovyle is fantastic and makes any Sceptile deck something to look out for (especially CST Sceptile if Ultra Beasts get big).

Sceptile GX is a card I am going to be making a forum post on, as I have quite a bit of stuff I want to say it on it.

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
Actually, I think Sceptile is good.
- Discards SPE like DCE, Rainbow and Beast Energy
- Hits for a low amount of energy, allowing it to use Max Potion
- It has access to Grovyle, which helps with finding Pokémon.
- It's HP are high enough to prevent some OHKOs
- Low Retreat and moving around Energy: You can retreat damaged Sceptiles and heal them up
- Can 2HKO anything, also with the first attack If Lurantis and CB are used
- Has access to Baby Sceptile, which walls Buzz, Naganadel and UNGX, and hits for a lot of damage late-game

If FOGB wasn't banned and rotated, it would surely be one of the best decks.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
@Mysticvulpix that new Sceptile-GX might be what you're looking for... Haha.

Turn1 :
Net Ball
Grab Treecko + Grass Energy
Use Grass Energy to evolve Eeevee to Leafeon​
Pokemon Fan Club for 2 Treecko
GX attack
3 Grovyle​

Turn2:
Grovyle abilities for 2 Sceptile-GX and 1 Sceptile CST~

Bournopolis

Aspiring Trainer
Ribombe protects ralts and Kirlia woot! I think it will be nice when you don't have octillery in the format to conflict with.

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill

Turn1 :
Net Ball
GX attack
3 Grovyle​

Turn2:
Definetely! Grass types might be able to be strong in this rotation

Rusery

Ethical Vegan Pokemaster
If you can't be Guzma'd via Ribombee.... i dunno, seems really good to me. Needs evo lines, but its likely worth it if your main strat is straightforward and doesn't require a lot of set up. Other thoughts are that Sylveon doesn't need Mina, but you could use it elsewhere since it isn't poke specific.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie

Turn1 :
Net Ball
GX attack
3 Grovyle​

Turn2:
Wouldn't you have to play 2 Net Balls? It's a [G] Pokemon or [G] Energy :)

Luplayz

The Master of bad Pokemon
its not the best card, but in standard this is decent and in expanded you can just use prof. Letter and Energy search

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
I must be getting old, but doesn't the Sceptile-GX line remind you of an older strategy...?

Like, we also have promo Lurantis to boost its attacks, and the special energy discard for 60 damage, and consistency with Grovyle...

Doesn't anyone here remember the rogue Altaria+Garchomp combo from Dragons Exhaulted - Fluffy-Chomp? I loved playing it, and this is literally Fluffy-Chomp 2.0! Watch people play this.

Allatsea27

Aspiring Trainer
play sceptile-gx like dragonite gx? the first attack with promo lurantis to boost output? 1 lurantis + 1 choice band is 110 for 1 energy with the addition of discarding special energy.