SM7a 'Fairy Rise' Announced!

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Ribombee I guess is effectively the anti-Guzma for Fairy. Potentially important? I dunno. Seems like a clunky tech.

Mina seems a bit underwhelming when Gardevoir GX is currently the strongest Fairy attacker. I would rather play Lady and Secret Spring. I guess it's decent energy acceleration for anything not Gardevoir GX.

Michael Stadler

Aspiring Trainer
Ribombee could be a shut down for lysandre. But you'll have to play only fairies for that to work so a bit clunky. (Or something on bench that doesn't care lysandre at all.

Mr. Mirek

Aspiring Trainer
If one of looking for an anti-Guzma deck that works, look no further than Pyroar. Ribombee looks similar with that ability, but it won't ever hit hard enough to be reliable.

Mr. Mirek

Aspiring Trainer
Ribombee I guess is effectively the anti-Guzma for Fairy. Potentially important? I dunno. Seems like a clunky tech.

Mina seems a bit underwhelming when Gardevoir GX is currently the strongest Fairy attacker. I would rather play Lady and Secret Spring. I guess it's decent energy acceleration for anything not Gardevoir GX.
Mina and Xerneas BREAK perhaps?!

MiniMads

The misunderstood Hero of Disasters
Now I'm probably being extremely biased here but I LOVE Sceptile GX. I think that 130 for 2 (and yes you do have move an energy but you can set up another Sceptile). The first attack can get rid of Beast Energy, DCE, Counter Energy etc. Oh, and did I mention Celestial Storm Sceptile so you don't even take damage form Buzzwole. The Grovyle helps out as well with the ability, and Sceptile's 1 retreat helps a lot. Probably a biased score for my 2nd favourite starter, but I give this an 8/10.

MiniMads

The misunderstood Hero of Disasters
Ribombee Ability: Stops Guzma to itself. End of that
Ribombee Attack: 20 Damage for 1 energy on a STAGE 1. No thanks
Ribombee Overall: 3/10 Purely for Guzma deflection

Mina: It's secret spring as an ability, great in stuff like Xerneas Break in expanded (when it comes out). It can have a 5/10.

Michael Stadler

Aspiring Trainer
Just a little bit better than secret spring, as it is from the deck. But don't know if it'll be playable. Gardevoir-GX a lot better to accelerate energies for fairies.

Raptor877

Aspiring Trainer
Been waiting for a energy accelerating supporter! Perhaps it will se play in other decks like when people tried to play Volcanion with aqua patch.

Oh boy I can't wait for the full set list to be released tomorrow!
Only three GX pokemon revealed? I bet they are holding a psychic GX pokemon back for tomorrow.
Maybe one with an attack that let's you discard your bench pokemon hopefully.

Wechselbalg

brb
So, something that can actually be played with the Celestial Storm Sceptile. Beast Box screwed over much yet?

Fairy will have a gazillion techs to choose from with SM7b - not sure though if a stage 1 is worth it for Ribombee's effect though, even though it's not completely useless.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Sceptile-GX - This Sceptile is... Okay. Does 130 for 2 but losing the ability to use DCE and it needs two manual nrg attachment, plus "discarding" the nrg of the active makes it seems not as broken as we expect, hey. This is worth trying... if we have energy accel for G Pokémon. We have CST Sceptile that blocks UBs and the atk that PRC Huntail does. What a cool combo to have. Grovyle also is so good. I can't wait to see it next year, the time these was released in English. 3/4/4
  • Mina - Mina is fine. Boring in the SM game, Trial Captain in the USUM, and helps Poipole in the anime soon. Mina makes energy accel for Fairy good. But its a Supporter. 3 Geodudes
  • Ribombee - What can block this, Guzma, Skull Grunts, I can't think much of supporters that may affect Y mons in play. 3-4 Geodudes

Michael Stadler

Aspiring Trainer
At last we have an energy acceleration Sceptile in expanded. And the fact of moving an energy from the active prevent it from being discarded if you get koed. And it protect you from mewtwo, gardi and things like that.

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
More fairy support yet again. My Metagross and other metal type decks don't mind it. :D
Ya, seeing as your not apparently a threat in the format. Dusk mane had a chance, but it’s clunky setup of energy acceleration is what made it flawed. And in a format where setup is crucial, that made sure metal types didn’t have a shot. Also, there’s volcanion, and after rotation macargo victini.