SM7a 'Fairy Rise' Announced!

Mr. Mirek

Aspiring Trainer
Now I'm probably being extremely biased here but I LOVE Sceptile GX. I think that 130 for 2 (and yes you do have move an energy but you can set up another Sceptile). The first attack can get rid of Beast Energy, DCE, Counter Energy etc. Oh, and did I mention Celestial Storm Sceptile so you don't even take damage form Buzzwole. The Grovyle helps out as well with the ability, and Sceptile's 1 retreat helps a lot. Probably a biased score for my 2nd favourite starter, but I give this an 8/10.
We'll have to play around with it, but one idea would be Sceptile GX with Venusaur (SLE). You have to move an energy, but then you are setting up a bench Pokemon, and one energy if Venusaur is on the bench is an easy set up for the 130 hit.

Maybe I'm off in my thinking, but it's an idea. Maybe a clunky one. What would be a basic Pokemon you'd want on deck to move energy to? Shining Genesect?

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
We'll have to play around with it, but one idea would be Sceptile GX with Venusaur (SLE). You have to move an energy, but then you are setting up a bench Pokemon, and one energy if Venusaur is on the bench is an easy set up for the 130 hit.

Maybe I'm off in my thinking, but it's an idea. Maybe a clunky one. What would be a basic Pokemon you'd want on deck to move energy to? Shining Genesect?
How about...celestial storm sceptile? It would have a similar attack as Rayquaza, but for only one energy, and 20 damage. The energy transfer would also make it immune to ultra beasts.

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
I did some thinking, and realized Mina isn’t as bad as I thought in gardevoir. Using it, you guarantee another 30 damage during your turn, and it’s almost like a second secret spring. I think it might be ideal to play 2 in any fairy deck, for speedy acceleration.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Sceptile-GX: 60 And Special discard for 1 isn’t bad... but on a stage 2? Second attack is decent (maybe for some effect involving [G] Energy?) and the GX attack, okay, is kind of bad.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Mina is actually really good. Play 4 in Xerneas BREAK. Ribombee is okay, but I expect it won’t see play.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Could anyone please update me on the set list so far? Is there any chance of getting a Swampert GX?
Here's what we have so far (minus Gardevoir because we don't know that number yet), so it looks like the only chance for Swampert is if it's Fighting-type :)
3. Treecko
4. Grovyle
5. Sceptile GX

11. Combee
12. Vespiquen

14. Alolan Vulpix
17. Giratina
25. Alolan Ninetales GX
33. Xerneas Prism Star
34. Cutiefly
35. Ribombee
36. Morelull?
37. Shiinotic?
38. Mimikyu GX
42. Net Ball
43. Adventuring Satchel

45. Fairy Charm P
46. Fairy Charm F
47. Fairy Charm N

49. Mina
So @Tapu Lele there's still room for the shrooms :p
Really would love to see Comfey tho ;-;

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Such meh artwork on a great card. Unfortunately, I don't think the card will be top-tier (which is dependent on Blaziken's success, who I think will actually be top-tier) due to the lack of OHKO potential, as DCE and other Special Energy cards become less prevalent in the next format. Sceptile is definitely built to take hits and Heal, so we'll see what direction the format takes and how it adapts.

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Could anyone please update me on the set list so far? Is there any chance of getting a Swampert GX?

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fairy_Rise_(TCG)

Doubt you're going to get a Swampert GX, isn't enough room for its evolutionary line. Then again Palossand GX is in CS and Sandygast isn't (then AGAIN that is a unique case being a year old promo).

I would love a Mina FA.
I'd be shocked if we didn't. There is only room for another 2 supporters max, and that'd mean no stadium card in the set.

zmaster0987

Zoroark is overrated
Treecko - Best treecko, right now, but nothing too crazy ●●○○○

Grovyle - This looks like a pretty good card, especially with the Sceptile from Celestial Storm, but grass decks really haven't played Shiinotic (since Forest of the Giant Plants rotated), who has the same ability. I know this is definitely better, since it has the option to deny Ultra Beasts, but does that make it good enough to see play in non-Sceptile based grass decks? I don't think so. However, this is an amazing card for Sceptile-based decks, and I think it will definitely make it a force to be reckoned with. ●●●●○

Sceptile-GX: At first glance, it doesn't look that interesting. 60 and special energy discard is a good "I don't have enough energy for my main attack, so I'll just use this for now" kind of attack, but the second attack and GX attack are kind of underwhelming for a normal stage 2, and are outclassed imo by the coming Solgaleo-GX. That is, until you take into account things like the other Sceptile, Grovylle, and Lurantis, which will all make this much more viable. With those in mind, it can now deny Ultra Beasts, search for any grass pokemon it may need, and 2 shot while discarding special energy for only 1 grass energy. I don't think this will be a top tier deck, but I bet it will still be pretty viable if Ultra Beasts and Zoroark continue to dominate the meta. ●●●○○

fleshrum

Cephalophore
alongside the ribombee that searches for energy... maybe? I'd need to see more offensive supporters than guzma to justify it as an inclusion over almost literally anything else.

zmaster0987

Zoroark is overrated
Ribombee: If we ever get a good wall Fairy pokemon, or a good Fairy hit and run, this will be amazing. Until then, Fairy decks now have the option to deny things like Guzma, which could be good for Alolan Ninetales-GX so they can tech in a water non-GX Ninetales for some stall. ●●●●○

Mina: Energy acceleration is good, but do we really want to use our supporter for the turn to put 1 more energy on the field? I'm guessing probably not. ●●○○○

zmaster0987

Zoroark is overrated
Actually, that might be good in expanded, a xerneas break deck with Mina, fairy garden, xerneas prism and xerneas gx
The expanded format is extremely fast-paced, and I don't think that attaching 1 energy for your supporter for the turn is really gonna help much, especially when Darkrai can do the same with a trainer card. I do think Xerneas could be a very strong deck in expanded with the tools it already has, but Mina is not going to really help it when you could be getting a fresh hand that might have more max elixirs and Pokemon that you need.