SM11b 'Dream League,' Japan's August Set!

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
Reshirom GX looks pretty cool. I think it has some really good potential, especially since Welder is a thing.

Also is N's Resolve the Dragon energy helping card that we (but maybe probably just me) have been waiting for? This could be potentially really good I'm so excited.

Lillie's Best Effort is....interesting? Drawing 4 is good, but you either use them or lose them which can be a huge downfall. I think that support that can draw 4 for a discard of an energy (Rollerskates was it I already forgot) is just better as there is no downsides (unless you count discarding an energy a downside).

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Funny people are calling this Reshirom now, it reminds me of something: I remember when BW came out, some of the young kids at my school would call them "Reshirom" and "Zekiram". I wasn't into Pokemon then, but I'm pretty sure I thought they were called that for a while.

atlasgcx

Aspiring Trainer
I'm really not a fan of these two new TTGX s...

Reshizard or Pikarom is so vivid and expressive than this, and poor Lunala in the Sol/Lu ttgx looks so off-balance.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
GEN 5 PEOPLE ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?

Seriously,
pikarom is busted
reshizard is busted
reshirom is busted

Gen 5 has some good cards.

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Wow.....that Tag Team's actually super good.

As everyone's already saying, this card is godlike with cards like Tapu Koko Prism Star and Welder, it just looks so ridiculously easy to charge up and hit for 270 damage. This isn't even like, "Alright I'll evolve into my stage 2 Dragonite-GX and somehow get 2 basic energies into my hand and Triple Acceleration Energy at the same turn and I'll mop the floor with my opponent!" or say you're playing Rayquaza-GX and you have this convoluted plan to get 8 to 9 energies on the board and stream Rayquazas, my point is this takes so few resources to actually do this much damage unlike other GX pokemon, other Tag Team pokemon even like Reshiram and Charizard. Like, it's just that easy! Welder 2 fires, lightning energy for manual attachment, and that's it! No hoops, no gimmicks, and you have all that free space to put whatever else you need in your deck. You already have search in the form of Mysterious Treasure, Welder and Giant Hearth can be easy to find, you could probably dedicate so much space just to consistency and still have room for more cards!

I'm not really sure about N's resolve by itself, just the fact that you can theoretically play it and snipe 2 Dedenne-GX's your opponent played because they needed the draw power and get 4 prizes just like that. What's bad about that is that you're using your supporter for the turn so no Lillie, Cynthia, or the like, but you yourself can play Dedenne-GX of course when you need the draw power when you want to fish for this card or draw cards afterwards.

Gonna make a prediction: Ditto from the Detective Pikachu set is gonna see more play because of this. you copy an opposing Reshiram and Zekrom and leave a prize-one attacker in the active easily charged by the same tools mentioned earlier. Card's just so good everyone's gonna play it and you want to win the prize trade instead of exchanging 3 prizes for 3 prizes.

This is honestly the most broken thing I've seen on PokeBeach to date. Not that I'm complaining of course, as I love Dragon-types in the TCG and will definitley put this card to use as will so many others, it's just.....wow.

---

EDIT: Op. I'm stupid again. :p I didn't read the "attached to your benched Pokemon" part. Still, it's like ridiculously easy to just attach the energies even then. Infact, You can Tapu Koko Prism Star onto this thing and another Pokemon, Welder onto the other Pokemon, and manually attach the Fire Energy to Reshiram and Zekrom and keep on Weldering to the bench for more energies. Bonus points if you can utilize LOT Naganadel. I still stand by this card being super busted.

Last edited:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Solgaleo & Lunala TTGX - Since the score is tentative because we don't know what the Lillie card does now we have a score. It's still 4
  • N's Resolve - Its a good card and good way to make N Pokémon better. In Expanded, This makes M Ray EX's massive atk easier to pull off. 5 Geodudes I love this.
  • Reshiram & Zekrom TTGX - We have Welder, Koko Prism, Zinnia, N's Resolve. This might be the BDIF once Cosmic Eclipse is legal. The GX atk makes 170 HP GXs bad. 5 Geodudes

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
Reshirom seems insane. The first attack caps at 270 which is thennumber to hit. If you feel you absolutely need to ohko Birds GX or magilord then there is dragon talon. (I know it is only when Reshirom is hit so it wouldn't work against stall magilords) As for geting energy? Well Lightning and Fire literally have the most energy acceleration in the next standard. Welder, Koko prism, Naganadel with Beast ring and tag switch not to mention max elixir in expanded. The GX attack is great for knocking out support Pokemon but not even close to tag teams. It's worth mentioning Dedenne Gx though. Also the weakness to fairy is a better weakness to have than most.

N's resolve is interesting. I want to call it good but milling 6 and using up your supporter for energy acceleration is kinda risky. Though if it makes you take an extra prize with Reshirom's GX attack than it's a no brainer.

Lillie is sacrificing long consistent turns with big power up turns. Decks like Pikarom need big power up turns but they would rather use big supporters like good Lillie, Cynthia, or Erika. Even Tag coach would be better for that deck. If it means invincibility for your solgala? Still no. You would need invincibility if you wanted to possibly get out of 3 cards! And Solgala has 270 hp anyways.

Edit: Thunder mountain doesn't work.

Last edited:

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
For some reason I can't edit my last post... Jsut pretend this is at the bottom.

EDIT: Just realized that you choose the cards you keep. This let's you get out of the hand but still limits you to 1-2 supporter options. For invincibility? Questionable.

Ghostrickster

Aspiring Trainer
Reshirom seems insane. The first attack caps at 270 which is thennumber to hit. If you feel you absolutely need to ohko Birds GX or magilord then there is dragon talon. (I know it is only when Reshirom is hit so it wouldn't work against stall magilords) As for geting energy? Well Lightning and Fire literally have the most energy acceleration in the next standard. Welder, Thunder mountain, Koko prism, Naganadel with Beast ring and tag switch not to mention max elixir in expanded.

Thunder Mountain only works for Lightning Pokemon.

So Reshiram and Zekrom is definitely good, but I think this is more awkward than some people are realizing. You have to get a Fire and Lightning Energy on it, but it discards from the bench for power. So if you use Welder to accelerate the Fire part, you're wasting what could be 180 damage from attaching to something else, just to get that 1 Fire on it. If you use Tapu Koko Prism Star, that's better, but you have to find and discard the energy, then get Reshiram and Zekrom into the active. That part isn't too bad, but it probably means a Jirachi engine is almost required. Tapu Koko is also now very difficult to search though, without Nest Ball or Ultra Ball. Viridian Forest will be absolutely vital for this deck to work. It has tons of raw power, but it seems a bit clunky and awkward to me. That's why I don't think it's absolutely ridiculous.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
GEN 5 PEOPLE ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?

Seriously,
pikarom is busted
reshizard is busted
reshirom is busted

Gen 5 has some good cards.
No because none of the neglected Gen 5 Pokémon made it to the set so far. Pipulp got in over Oshawott; Magnemite line got in over Klink line, Ralts line got in over Solosis line; Drillbur got in over Mienfoo; Type: Null got in over Rufflet.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
The best generation is getting some love! :)
Too bad most of the starters aren't and none of the actually NEGLECTED Gen 5 Pokémon have made it in. Sucks because at this rate there'll be a max of 6 neglected Pokémon in the whole set. What a waste.

Robert Fuchs

PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
Reshiram and Zekrom is insane in expanded.

Go second, put a double dragon energy on it, then use max exilir & tapu koko prism to attach basic energies to the bench. Dedenne GX and Shaymin EX can be used to mill through your deck to get the right number of basic energies attached to knock out pretty much anything going second.

Hit for 270 on the first attack, or 300 with choice band !!! Knocks out anything.