SM11b 'Dream League,' Japan's August Set!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, May 8, 2019.

1. Pokenerd Aspiring Trainer
    Pokenerd

Kinda hard rating Solgala not knowing what Lillie's Best Effort does. The first attack however is a Psychic type Flare Strike from Reshizard. No need to speculate on how good that will be.

2. Duo Dreaming of a Milotic GX
    Duo

I only bring it up because it's been a universal property of attacks with upsides or downsides, and part of the reason why those strategies haven't been very effective because the solution to all of them is gust them out of the active and every deck in this format plays Guzma (and every deck next format will play Custom Catcher/Gust Ability/Gust On Attack/Great Catcher), or inversely Pokemon that can't attack twice in a row (Back in the days of Ho-Oh GX, and ReshiZard GX nowadays), you can switch to eliminate that downside.

I only think of abilities as full field blankets regardless of active or bench, such as Solgaleo GX Promo that removes all weakness.

But of course, until a final ruling is given it's still up in the air. I just assume that it'll work like every other side effect that's tied to an attack - it will be removed if removed from the active. Even if that's the case, it's a great way to discourage PikaRom GX attacks and Nagandel GX (Unified Minds) in general. Also protects your field from TinaChomp. Much more useful than only protect self.

3. Lechu v 2017 Just copped that new Grucci...
    Lechu v 2017

Ya gonna need a bigger bag there, buddy. he's a big lion boy now.

PokeCollector21 likes this.
  4. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

Lechu v 2017 likes this.
  5. ronangorski Aspiring Trainer
    ronangorski

This will be the first Gallade in the Sun & Moon TCG. I'm hoping that we will get others pokemon that did not appear yet.

6. AshCo I gotta spruce this place up for the GAAAEEEEMS
    AshCo

Huh, first Gallade since BREAKthrough. I didn't think it's been that long, but I guess it has. Either way, that's another one we can scratch off the list.

7. MasterGallade ThePokemonRhombus @ YouTube
    MasterGallade

OH MY GOD IT FINALLY HAPPENED I'M SO HAPPY

pls be a holo at least

Alexandraka likes this.
  8. Duo Dreaming of a Milotic GX
    Duo

The art on this box is very

dreamy.

Okay I'll see myself out now.

Johnny2316 and Yair64 like this.
  9. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

Insert Gallade Cry

Johnny2316 likes this.
  10. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

Remember when we thought this could be a Unova-themed set and none of the revealed cards are Gen 5 still? lol

11. GM DracLord Shadow of Death
    GM DracLord

We could only hope at this point

12. PokeCollector21 Aspiring Trainer
    PokeCollector21

Im ready for Zekrom and Reshiram Tag Team GX with N on the artwork.

13. zzzeraora Aspiring Trainer
    zzzeraora

If this isn't a Gen 5 set then we have the right to boycott

ENOUGH with the Kanto filled sets!!!! there's TONS!

14. Skeleton Liar サーナ~
    Skeleton Liar

I don't recall if it was stated before, but it took me forever to figure out who was to the right of Lillie and Lunala. That seems to be Clay and Excadrill. Poor guy, in the corner. He's not even on the front of the pack, and only his foot and Excadrill's claw are visible when you flip the top of the box like that. lol

Also very happy to finally see a new Gallade card!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  15. MtSilverHermit Aspiring Trainer
    MtSilverHermit

I love when they do Trainer's Pokemon cards. Hoping based on the art this means we'll get Red's Pikachu

16. Errffy Jones Aspiring Trainer
    Errffy Jones

I take these set names too literally. But Hypno/Musharna fit the "dream" profile quite well

17. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

I think we all do that sometimes, so this year PCL's decided to just give us nonsense set names like "GG End" and "Remix Bout" that don't give us any implications at all about the set instead.

Errffy Jones likes this.
  18. WillyCharizard Aspiring Trainer
    WillyCharizard

Sometimes I dont undestand why they pick pokemons they alredy use, why release another Magneton (Magnezone) line? There was one just a few months ago (For us in this expansion), they could release the same idea of the card as KlinKlang line (As metal of course, an turning the effect to metal assuming Magnezone had effect), same with Clefable that could it be a Slurpuff line or another Fairy pokemon who doesnt have a single card on the set

19. zzzeraora Aspiring Trainer
    zzzeraora

Pokemon who HAVE to get Gx's in this set or else they never will:
    Musharna
    Cresselia (Darkrai got one)
    Hydreigon
    Magnezone
    Like....90% of the starters
    Kyurem and Black Kyurem
    Terrakion, he was left out of previous sets
    Mew!!!!!
    Maybe Arceus? He's getting a dragon type TT but a normal type GX with no weakness would be cool
    Gallade
    Where the hell are Groudon and Kyogre? Rayquaza got a gx, no reason they shouldn't have one
    And finally, just about any gen 5 pokemon. I think there's 5 Gen 5 GX's and 2 Tag Teams

20. zzzeraora Aspiring Trainer
    zzzeraora

There can't be. This is the card, there's nothing else left on it. Tag Team's GX moves are built to have that Plus

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 1 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?