SM11b 'Dream League,' Japan's August Set!

Dragon Bug

Aspiring Trainer
I think this Lillie's Best Effort is going to be an OP prism star supporter with the condition of

"It can only be use if you are having # energy in play"
like the unbroken bond Volcanion's second attack

then the + sign on the attack is kinda make sense
it's like team effort kind of card, everyone have some energy on and the gx attack protects everyone

and the N with Zekrom and Reshiram will be something like
"It can only be use if your opponent are having # energy in play"
you know, because N loves to f*ck up your opponent
That would work, except Prisim Stars are done. They aren't making any more.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
Mixed feelings about this tbh; I love how Lillie is in the art, but having a standard Tag Team not done by Mitsuhiro Arita really angers my OCD lol and I kinda wish Lunala was more relevant ;_; Can't wait to see the alternate art tho

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
I'd like to point out that the GX attack condition says that it prevents effects of attacks onto each of your Pokemon.

Probably doesn't change the fact that if it gets gusted out of the active then that ability is gone anyway, but that is significantly stronger than only defending self.

Wailord's Pokemon

Pokemon TCG player. 2019 Worlds Competitor.
Strange there's no Arita art for this, but a good looking card aesthetically. But this looks like it means there's going to probably be N with Reshiram and Zekrom GX, and that has me excited as a gen 5 freak.
It won't be a reprint of the OG N; we just got reset stamp.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
It won't be a reprint of the OG N; we just got reset stamp.
Oh I don't care about whether he gets reprinted or not (preferably not, I like the price of the old FA where it's at right now.) I'm just saying that N being in a Tag Team with the two is what excites me. I'm sure it'll have the same GX gimmick that Solg/Luna does, so there being a new supporter with him in it also excites me.

Now, I can't lie, it'd be funny if N got reprinted. It probably won't happen, but it'd be really funny to see that.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Pretty sure that the "+" refers to the fact that there's an additional requirement that yields an additional effect - it doesn't have to be energy. As it was stated in the "Trainer Tag Team" announcement, their relationship to Pokemon Tag Teams will be additional effects for meeting additional requirements. It just so happened that, until this point, these requirements have been related to extra energy.
I don't really buy this. There's plenty of attacks that have extra effects for playing Supporter cards (that don't have a + in their Energy requirements). And the + is in the Energy cost, implying there's more effects for having more Energy attached.

Johnny2316

Aspiring Trainer
This card is beautiful!! I'm sad it's the last Sun and Moon set though. We've had great cards and memories!!

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
A 270 HP Basic whose attacks do 230 and 200+immunity.

This is what power creep looks like. Just comes down to how fast a player can load it up.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I'd like to point out that the GX attack condition says that it prevents effects of attacks onto each of your Pokemon.

Probably doesn't change the fact that if it gets gusted out of the active then that ability is gone anyway, but that is significantly stronger than only defending self.

I don't believe that's accurate. I'd interpret this as putting an effect on the battlefield in general, rather than on a specific Pokémon. I don't think this is removable by any combination of switching, except by attacks that ignore effects or explicitly remove them.

We'll likely get a ruling before pre-release in any event on this.

Ghostrickster

Aspiring Trainer

The wording of this effect could mean that gusting can't get around it. It's a blanket effect on all of your Pokemon in play. It could be the same though but that just seems weird to me. It'll probably be ruled as not working if it leaves the active though.

This looks really good for Malamar, but I'm not sure it'll replace Ultra Necrozma or Dawn Wings. It gives up one more Prize and technically has a lower damage cap than Ultra Necrozma, which can matter for Reshizard. This card just feels like Reshizard 2.0 but weaker because Psychic support isn't quite as good as Fire is right now - but then again, no other type can compare right now. At least it doesn't require awkward Metal Energy like Ultra Necrozma, I guess.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
The wording of this effect could mean that gusting can't get around it. It's a blanket effect on all of your Pokemon in play. It could be the same though but that just seems weird to me. It'll probably be ruled as not working if it leaves the active though.

This looks really good for Malamar, but I'm not sure it'll replace Ultra Necrozma or Dawn Wings. It gives up one more Prize and technically has a lower damage cap than Ultra Necrozma, which can matter for Reshizard. This card just feels like Reshizard 2.0 but weaker because Psychic support isn't quite as good as Fire is right now - but then again, no other type can compare right now. At least it doesn't require awkward Metal Energy like Ultra Necrozma, I guess.

I'm pretty sure Giratina/Garchomp is going to replace UN as the main attacker in Malamar in the next meta (Worlds and later), so that's the real question. This could possibly replace that, or more likely supplement it. Decks with both GarTina (or is it TinaChomp?) and LunaLeo might be optimal, because it gives you a 230 big hitter for when they're playing tag teams (add in regular Giratina and Spell Tag to get those last 10s), and it gives you an earlier attack (with Linear Attack) plus a cheaper option to OHKO single prizers.

In any event, I'm not sure you can say psychic support is really worse than fire - between mysterious treasure and, well, Malamar, it's trivial to get it going turn 2. Reshizard will probably have some challenges getting set up post-Kiawe; I played the Green's build and it's very frustrating to play when it doesn't start with a Green's first turn (or the perfect set of Welder/Fiery Flint/etc.) The big advantage Reshizard has is that it can play Green's, which means it can play Counter Catcher of course...

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
Supposedly we're getting Solgaleo & Lunala & Ultra Necrozma-GX: https://www.pokebeach.com/2019/06/a...e-tag-team-trios-and-a-new-tag-team-supporter

But the fact we're also getting Dialga & Palkia & Arceus-GX in the same set calls that into question (unless the set has two Tag Team trios). Waiting to see if the Japanese sell sheet erred.
Could be Necrozma, Dusk Make Necrozma, Dawn Wings Necrozma and Ultra Necrozma - the game is still on. Also love the fossil in the back what merch is that?