SM11 Miracle Twins!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
The top 3 of the overrated Pokémon:
Pikarom was top dog of the format for quite a bit after it was released. It was really good.
Reshizard is the most hyped up deck to take the next Regional when it’s legal. It’s really good.
MewMew is alright. I’ll have to see what bonkers combinations people come up with to make it good.
It’s Deoxys and Espeon I’m worried about. Expanded, this thing hits 250 BASE. 280 with Choice Band. You throw a Kukui onto that pile and one-shot Magi-wails, for crying out loud! Beware, Expanded! The GX attack is something we’ve seen before, but still can KO multiple Zoruas or something.
Darkrai and Umbreon is lackluster. It’s a blatant slapping on of past attacks with number modifications.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I love Mewtwo+Mew GX in Malamar decks. Get Necrozma GX in the discard, use Prsimatic Burst on Mewtwo+Mew GX, and then carry Max potions. This effectively forces your opponent to OHKO Mewtwo+Mew GX. Necrozma GX is pretty wimpy and is prone to OHKO, not Mewtwo+Mew GX tho. Miracle Twin GX also helps this OHKO/healing strategy. Add a choice helmet to make the OHKO even tougher. Maybe even add Espeon & Deoxys-GX to use its attacks.

Max Potion is rotating though, right? So there won't be any tournaments where both this and Max Potion are legal in Standard.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Mew and Mewtwo looks great. The art is good. Stop saying it's horrible. With the holofoil, it will look amazing.

jbcheshire

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Man if only they would reprint one of my favorite disruption cards in Standard to help stop the wide-spread use of Triple Acceleration energy that is about to explode:
Barbaracle (Fates Collide FCO 23)

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Max Potion is rotating though, right? So there won't be any tournaments where both this and Max Potion are legal in Standard.
Ah, dang. Nice catch. This had the potential to revitalize the whole Metagross-shuffle: hit, lose the energy, heal, switch out, re-energize, repeat.

Kent Freeze

Aspiring Trainer
M&M spread damage deck copying ttar-gx? Maybe still too hard to power up attack cost. Thinking of other stage 2 gx's which would be interesting to copy.....newgaleo does help with energy acceleration, but with dce rotating that won't help much....

Duke Erebus

Aspiring Trainer
In Expanded, you could use Mew^2 GX alongside Metal Charge Bronzong, Solgaleo GX, and Dimension Valley to easily hit for base 230 damage every turn, including your first turn if you use the Bronzor from Team Up and/or Max Elixir. You can also use Mega Gengar EX with Phantom Gate to copy any of your opponent's Pokemon's attacks. This will be a fun card to play around with!

birdboy2000

Bird Keeper
That ability on mewtwo/mew gives me an excuse to keep playing pidgeot-EX, 270 HP mirror move time. Interesting toolbox potential in general, only fear is all the ability lock in expanded these days but I guess that's what field blowers and/or stealthy hood are for.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
I think the best thing about all these tag teams is that the community has to come together to come up with the best nicknames for these cards

Fafnirchaos

Aspiring Trainer
So mewtwo & mew is basically the new marshadow-gx with new abilities.

Out of all of these ones releasing why would they even make umbreon require 6 energies for a KO, when it would have easily been a nice 1 shot card in an zoroark greninija deck to counter tapu Koko gx.

Gabs Kazumi

Amateur Illustrator @kazumi.draws
The art in Mewtwo & Mew TTGX (it's so nice to see them together!) and Darkrai & Umbreon TTGX (LOOK AT THAT BACKGROUND) is amazing, but Deoxys & Espeon TTGX is horrible. The background tries to give a nice contrast and all but the Espeon is so ugly that simply ruined the card >.>

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Man if only they would reprint one of my favorite disruption cards in Standard to help stop the wide-spread use of Triple Acceleration energy that is about to explode:
Barbaracle (Fates Collide FCO 23)
But tag teams cant use triple colorless nor is there anything that is broken with triple colorless as the card is fairly balanced due to the discard nor was barbaracle ever useful as a counter because bumping stadium invalidates it.

JumpluffTCG

Aspiring Trainer
Some ideas for Mewtwo Mew TTGX (most of these are Expanded, and some are better than others):

-Dimension Valley + Blend/Dark/Prism/Unit energy to copy Noivern GX's Distort
-Gumshoos GX's Gumshoe Chance GX to KO any Tag Team with 5-6 energies on it
-M Mewtwo EX's Psychic Infinity is X-Ball x30. Can attack with just DCE unlike Gardevoir GX
-Kingdra GX in Archie's. With 5-6 Water energies you OHKO everything
-Dimension Valley + M Gardevoir GX's Despair Ray + Giratina LOT
-Welder + Blaziken GX to swing for 210
-Kiawe + Charizard GX to swing for 300
-Dimension Valley + DCE to copy dark type Incineroar GX's Darkest Tornado GX which is Mad Bull GX on steroids
-Dimension Valley + DCE to copy Naganadel GX's Stinger GX to immediately create a 3-prize game
-Blend/Grass/Unit/Prism energy to copy Golisopod GX's First Impression. Simple but low maintenance.
-Dimension Valley + DCE to copy Dragonite GX's Dragon Porter GX for memes
-Dimension Valley + Blend/Fairy/Prism/Unit + Altaria GX's Bright Tone to make yourself immune to GXs and EXs
-Dimension Valley and M Sceptile EX's Jagged Saber for a tanky build?
-Copy Sceptile GX's Mach Cut to serve as a stronger Righteous Edge from Drampa GX

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
Some ideas for Mewtwo Mew TTGX (most of these are Expanded, and some are better than others):

-Dimension Valley + Blend/Dark/Prism/Unit energy to copy Noivern GX's Distort
-Gumshoos GX's Gumshoe Chance GX to KO any Tag Team with 5-6 energies on it
-M Mewtwo EX's Psychic Infinity is X-Ball x30. Can attack with just DCE unlike Gardevoir GX
-Kingdra GX in Archie's. With 5-6 Water energies you OHKO everything
-Dimension Valley + M Gardevoir GX's Despair Ray + Giratina LOT
-Welder + Blaziken GX to swing for 210
-Kiawe + Charizard GX to swing for 300
-Dimension Valley + DCE to copy dark type Incineroar GX's Darkest Tornado GX which is Mad Bull GX on steroids
-Dimension Valley + DCE to copy Naganadel GX's Stinger GX to immediately create a 3-prize game
-Blend/Grass/Unit/Prism energy to copy Golisopod GX's First Impression. Simple but low maintenance.
-Dimension Valley + DCE to copy Dragonite GX's Dragon Porter GX for memes
-Dimension Valley + Blend/Fairy/Prism/Unit + Altaria GX's Bright Tone to make yourself immune to GXs and EXs
-Dimension Valley and M Sceptile EX's Jagged Saber for a tanky build?
-Copy Sceptile GX's Mach Cut to serve as a stronger Righteous Edge from Drampa GX

One problem with MewMew in Expanded. The trash makes mewmew trash. (Garbotoxin) as well as other ability locks.

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
Gotta say I'm not very happy with pokemon right now... Reshzard is op for UNB. A playset is EXPENSIVE. Think about the cost of mewmew (at least we won't NEED a playset. though a box variant coming through wouldn't surprise me). Imagine having a stage 1 that is hard to play that is cheap... Oh did I just describe Zoro? I want Zoro back! I don't want someone to beat me because they spent hundreds of dollars on their deck and I didn't. I know people didn't like playing against Zoro. But Reshzard and MewMew? I prefer zoro meta. Any meta that requires skill instead of a large wallet is a good one. Pokemon does not have money issues. Is it just greed? I hope not. Because it makes the meta stale. I had a bad feeling about Tag Teams when I first saw Pikarom. I never thought this would happen though. I get it. This happens occasionally. But 2 very marketable Tag Teams that are also op is annoying. If this happens in the next set I will not be impressed. Next set I want anti-Tag Team cards. And I don't want those cards to GXs. Just some trainers. I'll by a playset of them with a decent amount left in my wallet. I'll make my anti Tag Team deck. I'll be happy. I know this is a long boring rant but does anyone else agree?

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
The top 3 of the overrated Pokémon:
Pikarom was top dog of the format for quite a bit after it was released. It was really good.
Reshizard is the most hyped up deck to take the next Regional when it’s legal. It’s really good.
MewMew is alright. I’ll have to see what bonkers combinations people come up with to make it good.
It’s Deoxys and Espeon I’m worried about. Expanded, this thing hits 250 BASE. 280 with Choice Band. You throw a Kukui onto that pile and one-shot Magi-wails, for crying out loud! Beware, Expanded! The GX attack is something we’ve seen before, but still can KO multiple Zoruas or something.
Darkrai and Umbreon is lackluster. It’s a blatant slapping on of past attacks with number modifications.
How does Espeoxys hit for 250? With 5 psychics benched it's only 160, 190 with a choice band