SM11 Miracle Twins!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, May 9, 2019.

1. OVERGRO Pokemon is lyfe.
    OVERGRO

How could I forget Rampardos?? I'm all in for Fossil Box. Now if we could just get [F] Energy Acceleration...

2. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

• Pokemon Research Lab - that could make Fossil decks even better. That means, you don't need a frikin playset of Unidentified Fossil and RC to a Stage 2 (although its impossible), that makes Stage 2s become Stage 1s. This is like Twist Mountain. 4 Geodudes. Although the "Your turn ends" is annoying, I have to reduce it to 3-4. You still need those frikin items.
    • Aegislash - Close enough to KO Mewmew. We don't have Choice Band anymore you know? 3 Geodudes

3. Lanstar The Funny Fairy Bug
    Lanstar

I can't believe it... They actually made this Sightseer's art look like a selfie photo. Pretty silly if you ask me! x)

4. Anker Aspiring Trainer
    Anker

so when aegislash is knocked out, even honedge and doublade will return to your hand?

5. CaptZero Aspiring Trainer
    CaptZero

I feel like this is something you dig for on turn one in an Aerodactyl deck while setting up the malamar on the bench for sustainability later.

6. Yen Aspiring Trainer
    Yen

Advanced Member Member

Aegislash does seem to have a lot of potiential. Dusk Stone is major boon to get it on the field asap, the energy costs are minimal and 130 dmg for 1 energy is very promising. Not to mention its ability helping solve the headache of any decks using Stage 2 attackers, namely having to dig for multiple copies. You can run minimal amounts of the line, something like 3/2/3 and minimal energy counts, leaving the rest of the deck free for other support pokemon and useful trainers, something few Stage 2 decks can boast. That said, 130 hp for a Stage 2, even one easy to get on the field, is such a poor number and 130 dmg is not enough to 2hko a tag team, especially one that needs 13 Items in the discard! (not Trainers). I predict we might see it having to use Shrine to buff their damage numbers.

Pokemon Research Lab is indeed another solid support for fossil decks. Giving up your turn to place down 2 Evo pokemon on your bench will be an interesting trade off. At the very least, it might give Omastar/Kabutops Fossil Control a chance at Rogue status

7. AmbientDinosaur Aspiring Trainer
    AmbientDinosaur

Yep, it is actually the same situation. This is the selfie Sightseer is seen taking in the original artwork.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. xTITAN Training Aspirer
    xTITAN

Can you grab Stage 2s with the Research Lab?

9. And on top of that, let's make them there alternate types. Anorith as grass (bug) Tirtouga and Lileep as fighting (rock) and Archen as colorless (flying). Well I can dream.

10. Pokenerd Aspiring Trainer
    Pokenerd

Aegislash actually looks ok with Meganium. (I am aware of dusk stone I just think that having Unb Incinerar is vital to reaching numbers) If they K.O it than you just use Meganium and put it back on your bench. Meganium can instantly evolve. You know that Aegislash is in hand after the ability. I'm not at all concerned reaching the damage cap. It's items. Meganium already play unb Incineroar. That's 160. This is a non GX! Once you take into account Spell tags and Giant bombs this looks like a Tag team killer! Though. I might be exaggerating. Aegislash is one of my favourite Pokemon. Also that artwork is better than pack art! It's amazing!

Fossil lab is nice. It eliminates the need for fossil and rare candy. It makes them more consistent. I might give Fossilock another try. (TEU Kabutops and Omastar together)

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  11. TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK The Phazing Spider-Man
    TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

This, this is beautiful. I never knew how much I wanted selfie artwork for Sightseer until today. This is great and fits well with the theme of the card itself. Say what you want but, I love it.

12. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

No, hold on, that is a good question. Can it grab Stage 2s?
    Another ruling question:
    Should we choose to grab Aerodactyl, will it remain as an Evolution Pokémon? If so, you’re hitting for 180 on a Basic, maybe grab Incineroar for a 210... pretty good, but doesn’t hit the numbers.
    Rampardos one-shots Pikarom, tho.

13. Dark Espeon Dark Avatar
    Dark Espeon

Pokémon Research Lab states that you may search your deck for two cards that evolve from Unidentified Fossil. This means you cannot search for the final stage since it technically evolves from the stage 1 and not from Unidentified Fossil. In a Nutshell you cannot place Omystar directly into play but you may search for two copies of it's pre-evolution and evolve them into Omystar next turn.

snoopy369, Lord Goomy and Wechselbalg like this.
  14. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

Now that you bring up Omastar, it means that Fossil Lock becomes a lot more viable now.’
    You give your opponent one turn to play Items and Special Energy and that’s it.

15. AlphaTheKineticGuardian Aspiring Trainer
    AlphaTheKineticGuardian

And you have access to Green's Exploration turn one because of lack of abilities, which can get you a research center and another trainer for turn two (or maybe another unidentified fossil for later on in the game?)

Love this card, so much potential for fossils to do well with it

ICEdaddy likes this.
  16. Orlandito2012 Aspiring Trainer
    Orlandito2012

There's already an established ruling. There's actually two different terms, "evolution Pokémon" and "evolved Pokémon". So an evolution pokemon is a pokemon that can evolve from something else (basically anything that doesn't have "basic" printed on the card) and an evolved Pokémon is any pokemon that is currently evolved and in play. An Aerodactyl put into play with this stadium would be an evolution Pokémon, but not an evolved Pokémon. It also wouldn't count as a basic for purposes of card effects.

Lord Goomy likes this.
  17. xTITAN Training Aspirer
    xTITAN

It still counts as an evolution, so you could use triple boost.

Lord Goomy likes this.
  18. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

bjorgkatan likes this.
  19. DarkMatterGaming "Wait, he's not dead?"
    DarkMatterGaming

Well Great Potion is terrible, but that Golisopod has potential.

Water, hits Reshizard for knock-out on with Band (or without on Switch), synergizes with Quagsire to accelerate energy, Wishful Baton is still a thing - that is awesome.

bjorgkatan likes this.
  20. Poke_collector Aspiring Trainer
    Poke_collector

The artwork for golisopod works with the water type card

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?