SM11 Miracle Twins!

• Pokemon Research Lab - that could make Fossil decks even better. That means, you don't need a frikin playset of Unidentified Fossil and RC to a Stage 2 (although its impossible), that makes Stage 2s become Stage 1s. This is like Twist Mountain. 4 Geodudes. Although the "Your turn ends" is annoying, I have to reduce it to 3-4. You still need those frikin items.
  • Aegislash - Close enough to KO Mewmew. We don't have Choice Band anymore you know? 3 Geodudes

I can't believe it... They actually made this Sightseer's art look like a selfie photo. Pretty silly if you ask me! x)

Assuming the translated text is correct, you get to play them directly to the Bench. But it's not for free -- it ends your turn, which is a pretty hefty price to pay for just 2 Fossils, unless they end up being pretty good.

At the moment is does make Trainer Lock slightly more realistic -- with Kabutops Active and Omastar in the back, as long as you've got less Pokemon in play than your opponent you'll be blocking both Items and Supporters (although just Omastar alone is probably more realistic). Baby Aerodactyl can also be played directly and does 180 for [C][C][C] if you have no EX/GX in play, and yes, it's eligible for Triple Acceleration Energy because it's a Stage 1.

And that's before we even know what Fossils this set has in store for us!

I feel like this is something you dig for on turn one in an Aerodactyl deck while setting up the malamar on the bench for sustainability later.

Aegislash does seem to have a lot of potiential. Dusk Stone is major boon to get it on the field asap, the energy costs are minimal and 130 dmg for 1 energy is very promising. Not to mention its ability helping solve the headache of any decks using Stage 2 attackers, namely having to dig for multiple copies. You can run minimal amounts of the line, something like 3/2/3 and minimal energy counts, leaving the rest of the deck free for other support pokemon and useful trainers, something few Stage 2 decks can boast. That said, 130 hp for a Stage 2, even one easy to get on the field, is such a poor number and 130 dmg is not enough to 2hko a tag team, especially one that needs 13 Items in the discard! (not Trainers). I predict we might see it having to use Shrine to buff their damage numbers.

Pokemon Research Lab is indeed another solid support for fossil decks. Giving up your turn to place down 2 Evo pokemon on your bench will be an interesting trade off. At the very least, it might give Omastar/Kabutops Fossil Control a chance at Rogue status

I can't believe it... They actually made this Sightseer's art look like a selfie photo. Pretty silly if you ask me! x)
Yep, it is actually the same situation. This is the selfie Sightseer is seen taking in the original artwork.
SightseerLostThunder189.jpg
Sightseer-SM11.png

Hmm, if we're getting some new fossil lines here, hopefully they pick Anorith, Lileep, Tirtouga and/or Archen. You know, the ones that haven't been printed since XY or BW.

And on top of that, let's make them there alternate types. Anorith as grass (bug) Tirtouga and Lileep as fighting (rock) and Archen as colorless (flying). Well I can dream.

Aegislash actually looks ok with Meganium. (I am aware of dusk stone I just think that having Unb Incinerar is vital to reaching numbers) If they K.O it than you just use Meganium and put it back on your bench. Meganium can instantly evolve. You know that Aegislash is in hand after the ability. I'm not at all concerned reaching the damage cap. It's items. Meganium already play unb Incineroar. That's 160. This is a non GX! Once you take into account Spell tags and Giant bombs this looks like a Tag team killer! Though. I might be exaggerating. Aegislash is one of my favourite Pokemon. Also that artwork is better than pack art! It's amazing!

Fossil lab is nice. It eliminates the need for fossil and rare candy. It makes them more consistent. I might give Fossilock another try. (TEU Kabutops and Omastar together)

Last edited:
This, this is beautiful. I never knew how much I wanted selfie artwork for Sightseer until today. This is great and fits well with the theme of the card itself. Say what you want but, I love it.

Can you grab Stage 2s with the Research Lab?
No, hold on, that is a good question. Can it grab Stage 2s?
Another ruling question:
Should we choose to grab Aerodactyl, will it remain as an Evolution Pokémon? If so, you’re hitting for 180 on a Basic, maybe grab Incineroar for a 210... pretty good, but doesn’t hit the numbers.
Rampardos one-shots Pikarom, tho.

Another ruling question:
Should we choose to grab Aerodactyl, will it remain as an Evolution Pokémon? If so, you’re hitting for 180 on a Basic, maybe grab Incineroar for a 210... pretty good, but doesn’t hit the numbers.

Pokémon Research Lab states that you may search your deck for two cards that evolve from Unidentified Fossil. This means you cannot search for the final stage since it technically evolves from the stage 1 and not from Unidentified Fossil. In a Nutshell you cannot place Omystar directly into play but you may search for two copies of it's pre-evolution and evolve them into Omystar next turn.

Pokémon Research Lab states that you may search your deck for two cards that evolve from Unidentified Fossil. This means you cannot search for the final stage since it technically evolves from the stage 1 and not from Unidentified Fossil. In a Nutshell you cannot place Omystar directly into play but you may search for two copies of it's pre-evolution and evolve them into Omystar next turn.
Now that you bring up Omastar, it means that Fossil Lock becomes a lot more viable now.’
You give your opponent one turn to play Items and Special Energy and that’s it.

I feel like this is something you dig for on turn one in an Aerodactyl deck while setting up the malamar on the bench for sustainability later.
And you have access to Green's Exploration turn one because of lack of abilities, which can get you a research center and another trainer for turn two (or maybe another unidentified fossil for later on in the game?)

Love this card, so much potential for fossils to do well with it

Should we choose to grab Aerodactyl, will it remain as an Evolution Pokémon?
There's already an established ruling. There's actually two different terms, "evolution Pokémon" and "evolved Pokémon". So an evolution pokemon is a pokemon that can evolve from something else (basically anything that doesn't have "basic" printed on the card) and an evolved Pokémon is any pokemon that is currently evolved and in play. An Aerodactyl put into play with this stadium would be an evolution Pokémon, but not an evolved Pokémon. It also wouldn't count as a basic for purposes of card effects.

Another ruling question:
It still counts as an evolution, so you could use triple boost.

Well Great Potion is terrible, but that Golisopod has potential.

Water, hits Reshizard for knock-out on with Band (or without on Switch), synergizes with Quagsire to accelerate energy, Wishful Baton is still a thing - that is awesome.

I see First Impression is back. Remember kids, this thing hits 180 for a Water and a Triple Accel. Energy. It’s pretty good. Combine with Jirachi and this looks like a good non-GX Reshizard counter (or maybe baby Blace)

Oh, and Great Potion? I’d like to see the secret rare, please.

Back