Skyla. What kind of impact will it have?

setojim

Aspiring Trainer
Skyla - Trainer
Supporter

Search your deck for a Trainer card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

How hard will this card hit the game? Will it be ran in 4's in everything? Or, will it become a 1-2'of in most decks, depending on the deck's strategy?

You decide!

maybe 1 or 2, I newer play 4 because sometimes I don´t want get Skyla with Random Receiver If I want Draw Supportter from my deck
If you need energy from your want, with Skyla you don´t get energies from your deck If you don´t play Energy Searches

But it´s easy to get Catcher or Rare Candy with this card

Its going to combo with PC Communication and Bicycle and possibly Sableye to be the most broken engine in the history of Pokemon since Base Set Bill, Item Finder, Computer Search, and Professor Oak. The draw and search power granted by the trainers in the new set is unbelievable-Bicycle gives you deck thinning and hand advantage and draw power and doesn't even use up a Supporter. PC Com is self explanatory.

Might want to check out the PokeBeach Main Page.

I like Skyla the card. I liked it before Computer Search was revealed...I doubt it will be played as a four-of but searching out a Catcher or a Rare Candy for an insert Turn 2 Stage 2 name here is pretty good, especially with the low amount of usable Supporters we have anyway.

dmaster out.

I can see it being the 1-2 of that we sometimes see (used to be flower shop lady).
Unfortunately, with the loss of serious draw/search supporters, we've got to take what we get.

Dark Void said:
Its going to combo with PC Communication and Bicycle and possibly Sableye to be the most broken engine in the history of Pokemon since Base Set Bill, Item Finder, Computer Search, and Professor Oak. The draw and search power granted by the trainers in the new set is unbelievable-Bicycle gives you deck thinning and hand advantage and draw power and doesn't even use up a Supporter. PC Com is self explanatory.

This user is a psychic. This is likely what will happen.

I'm willing to bet the player who gets PC Communication in the discard pile first is the one who is going to win the game, provided they have Sableye.

Bicycle could be the return of trainer based draw power. I like the idea behind it, and it will definitely find use in the decks built to lay their hand on the table.

Skyla as a standalone card isn't too great. But when you pair it with the cards Void mentioned, it becomes so much better.

Now which format is faster ^^

This is one of the BCIF, in my own respective opinion. It makes Stage 2's a lot better and more playable, since Rare Candy is now searchable. I'm testing Blastoise right now, and find 3 to be a good number. Also, it can be used to get just about any card in the deck (kind of). If you search out an Ultra Ball you can get any pokemon, an Energy Retrieval (if you run it, of course with Blastoise I do) and you can fish energies out of the discard pile, or just a random trainer you might need.

I don't like it. I would much rather get a fresh hand and maybe get the card I need as opposed to only getting a single card. There are very, very few times where all you need is one single card and you are completely set for the entire turn. I also have no idea how you would fit it in.

If you take Blastoise for example (really any Stage 2-support deck) the T2 Blastoise really sets you for several turns. If I use 3 Skylas, that means there are 7 things in the deck that equate to Rare Candy. If you play a Cheren T1 (just a random Supporter example), that means by T2 you'll have cycled through 11 cards trying to get something that gets Blastoise (I run 7 of these) or a Blastoise (that makes 10) + a Rare Candy (7 with Skylas). In conclusion, you've almost doubled your odds of having something that equals Rare Candy T2. And I built it into the skeleton of my list.

If you play Skyla, you can also play techy trainers, like Energy Retrieval/Search, etc and make it so Skyla can search Trainers, Energy through Energy Retrieval/Energy Search, or Pokemon through Level Ball/Ultra Ball etc. Just another use for Skyla.

alexmf2 said:
I don't like it. I would much rather get a fresh hand and maybe get the card I need as opposed to only getting a single card. There are very, very few times where all you need is one single card and you are completely set for the entire turn. I also have no idea how you would fit it in.
This is probably partially because you started playing with the HS rotation. Iirc, you've never played with the Cyrus engine, Celio's Network, etc. So you're used to having every deck you play rely on shuffle draw Supporters.

Personally, I plan to restructure my entire Trainer line to make the best use of 4 Skyla. Of course, my opinion may change after I test the card, but I love it in theory. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes an automatic 4-of in the majority of decks, if not every successful deck.

Being able to search any card in your deck except Special Energy is just too broken.

^Part of the reaon Cyrus worked was because you always had Claydol/Uxie to draw more cards if you needed more than 3 cards. This format, just about all of our draw is Supporters.

That might be why this is my first impression, but like Cinema said our only draw power is Supporters (If you discount Bicycle). I could easily see it in something like Empoleon, which has built in draw support, but I just somehow can't see it working in anything else.

It'll be good, but I don't think it'll be that[i/] good. Cyrus had non-supporter draw cards, plus, it was overall a much better card. Skyla will be decent in any deck, but it will be great in Empoleon and decks that run heavy Bicycle.

I think Skyla will be good in just about any Stage 2 deck. I don't see Bicycle as being that good, to be honest. You're generally going to have a hand of at least 4.

cannonballkuriboh said:
So, based on what I'm reading here, the overall opinion is the following:
Empoleon+Bicycle+Skyla=Extremely Consistent Deck?

Sableye + Computer Search + Skyla + Bicycle = Most broken engine.

Back