'Sky Legends' Officially Revealed!

iGeek256

I only use Electric types. Help me
A/B/C is in reference to which block of sets said set is in. For instance, anything from SM1 to SM4+ (GX Battle Boost) are in the A Block. Everything from SM5 to SM9b are B block (considered the USUM sets I guess) are B block, and so on. It usually goes by year, and could very well have something to do with set legality eventually.
No, I know what those do. It’s the letter in white to the right of the set, in the Lusamine card it is an A.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
No, I know what those do. It’s the letter in white to the right of the set, in the Lusamine card it is an A.
Lusamine-Sky-Legends_1_1.jpeg

Is this not what you were referring to? The white A right there? That's what I was talking about, it's saying the card's legality is from the A block, where the first print of it was originally from. It's like alternate arts.

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
Jessie: prepare for trouble
James: and make it double
Jessie: to protect the world from devastation
James: to unite all peoples within our nation
Jessie: to denounce the evils of truth and love
James: to extend our reach to the stars above
Jessie: Jessie
James: James
Jessie: Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light
James: surrender now or prepare to fight
Meowth: Meowth, that's right.

That what you were looking for?
You forgot the end. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOBUFFET!!!!!!!

iGeek256

Lusamine-Sky-Legends_1_1.jpeg

Is this not what you were referring to? The white A right there? That's what I was talking about, it's saying the card's legality is from the A block, where the first print of it was originally from. It's like alternate arts.
Wait, so these are reprints?

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Wait, so these are reprints?
That Lusamine is a reprint, yes. All of the TR rarity cards in the last few japanese sets are reprints of cards from the A or B blocks, which is why we're getting them as Alternate Arts in leagues.

iGeek256

That Lusamine is a reprint, yes. All of the TR rarity cards in the last few japanese sets are reprints of cards from the A or B blocks, which is why we're getting them as Alternate Arts in leagues.
Wow...... Either they want to rotate out every useful searching trainer card except Green's Search and make basic and tag team decks the only viable option because stage 2 decks will have terrible consistency or they will reprint all of them with slightly different names so everyone will have to buy the new cards if the want to play in Standard since that will simultaneously ruin Expanded with all the duplicates.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Thank you, I wasn’t really aware of how Japanese card rarity worked. By the way, do you know what the A, B, or C next to the set means.

A indicates the A block, which is from SM1 to SM4 before the release of Prism Star card. B refers to the B block, which includes SM5 to SM8 and in essence boils down to the block where Prism Star cards were included in each set. C on the other hand refers to the block that introduced Tag Team Pokemon. To my knowledge the block code has not been used to restrict the legality of cards for tournaments thus far but rumors are that it might be.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
It also neatly works out that the A sets are the ones promoting Sun and Moon, the B sets are the ones promoting Ultra Sun and Moon, and the C sets are the ones promoting Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee.

Matux

Aspiring Trainer
This will be played in Zoroark control for sure.
Against blacephalon, you will deny energy switch use and be able to discard energies every single turn without any risk.

EDIT : You can't consistently do this if you're confused.

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
Hmm... Item lock. Looks balanced actually. Luxio is trash because of stage1 Trev is busted because you have good damage out put. Seismitoad is good because it is bulky and only uses dce. Cryoganal seems to fix all this.

I really only see this being played in Zoro control.

Can't wait to watch people CRY-oganal against item lock.

SharKing

I won't bite... much.
It's not annoyingly bulky like Seismitoad-EX, but it'll still be annoying to face. And go figure, the "annoying" factor goes to a card that's already somewhat annoying for its lazy use of the stock Sugimori art.

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
I like where this is going. I'd love a Pidgeot and Zapdos GX tag team card very much. Maybe Pidgeot and Staraptor. Please TPC dont mess this up like you did with Roaring Skies!

What's that Pidgeot? Release Shaymin-EX 2, Electric Boogaloo?

YOU GOT IT

yes i know dedenne-gx is coming

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
Not bad. Not bad at all.

Could be really, really good in expanded with Garbodor, and it doesn't give up 2 Prizes like Toad.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Cryogonal - I love the fact they slowly give forgotten Gen 5 Pokemon some love <3 On the card itself, I love this. Except the fact that its HP and dmg output is annoying. They should do 30 at least. Hey ho! Item lock is item lock and its still annoying. 4 Geodudes