'Sky Legends' Officially Revealed!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Apr 7, 2019.

1. iGeek256 I only use Electric types
    iGeek256

No, I know what those do. It’s the letter in white to the right of the set, in the Lusamine card it is an A.

2. AshCo shurororororororororororororo
    AshCo

[​IMG]
    Is this not what you were referring to? The white A right there? That's what I was talking about, it's saying the card's legality is from the A block, where the first print of it was originally from. It's like alternate arts.

3. Pokenerd Aspiring Trainer
    Pokenerd

You forgot the end. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOBUFFET!!!!!!!

4. iGeek256 I only use Electric types
    iGeek256

Wait, so these are reprints?

5. AshCo shurororororororororororororo
    AshCo

That Lusamine is a reprint, yes. All of the TR rarity cards in the last few japanese sets are reprints of cards from the A or B blocks, which is why we're getting them as Alternate Arts in leagues.

6. iGeek256 I only use Electric types
    iGeek256

Wow...... Either they want to rotate out every useful searching trainer card except Green's Search and make basic and tag team decks the only viable option because stage 2 decks will have terrible consistency or they will reprint all of them with slightly different names so everyone will have to buy the new cards if the want to play in Standard since that will simultaneously ruin Expanded with all the duplicates.

7. TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK The Phazing Spider-Man
    TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

Only Gen 2 and later

8. Dark Espeon Dark Avatar
    Dark Espeon

A indicates the A block, which is from SM1 to SM4 before the release of Prism Star card. B refers to the B block, which includes SM5 to SM8 and in essence boils down to the block where Prism Star cards were included in each set. C on the other hand refers to the block that introduced Tag Team Pokemon. To my knowledge the block code has not been used to restrict the legality of cards for tournaments thus far but rumors are that it might be.

9. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

It also neatly works out that the A sets are the ones promoting Sun and Moon, the B sets are the ones promoting Ultra Sun and Moon, and the C sets are the ones promoting Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee.

10. Joldilocks Aspiring Trainer
    Joldilocks

News Staff Member

11. Matux Aspiring Trainer
    Matux

This will be played in Zoroark control for sure.
    Against blacephalon, you will deny energy switch use and be able to discard energies every single turn without any risk.

EDIT : You can't consistently do this if you're confused.

12. Pokenerd Aspiring Trainer
    Pokenerd

Hmm... Item lock. Looks balanced actually. Luxio is trash because of stage1 Trev is busted because you have good damage out put. Seismitoad is good because it is bulky and only uses dce. Cryoganal seems to fix all this.

I really only see this being played in Zoro control.

Can't wait to watch people CRY-oganal against item lock.

fleshrum likes this.
  13. Yen Aspiring Trainer
    Yen

Advanced Member Member

Well, our first item lock card in a while.

14. SharKing I won't bite... much.
    SharKing

It's not annoyingly bulky like Seismitoad-EX, but it'll still be annoying to face. And go figure, the "annoying" factor goes to a card that's already somewhat annoying for its lazy use of the stock Sugimori art.

Serperior, heartsick and Pokenerd like this.
  15. P3DS UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
    P3DS

Maybe... Or have a look at Omastar TEU

ShaQuL likes this.
  16. iGeek256 I only use Electric types
    iGeek256

Well - bye bye Zapdos/Jirachi.

17. DarkMatterGaming "Wait, he's not dead?"
    DarkMatterGaming

What's that Pidgeot? Release Shaymin-EX 2, Electric Boogaloo?

YOU GOT IT

yes i know dedenne-gx is coming

iGeek256 likes this.
  18. DarkMatterGaming "Wait, he's not dead?"
    DarkMatterGaming

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Could be really, really good in expanded with Garbodor, and it doesn't give up 2 Prizes like Toad.

19. OppositeAttract Aspiring Trainer
    OppositeAttract

Glad to see Cryogonal get a card and a playable one at that.

Hyrum and Swampert Full Art like this.
  20. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

• Cryogonal - I love the fact they slowly give forgotten Gen 5 Pokemon some love <3 On the card itself, I love this. Except the fact that its HP and dmg output is annoying. They should do 30 at least. Hey ho! Item lock is item lock and its still annoying. 4 Geodudes

Swampert Full Art likes this.