XY Shiny Pokémon Mechanics: Less Rare in X / Y

RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare & More Special

Frezgle said:
I have a fishing chain of over 400 right now and still no shiny.
I would call this method bunk if I hadn't seen all the photos.
So, some people might get lucky and find them in stupidly low chains of less than 40-ish, but I'm willing to bets most people are in my boat.

My dull, non-sparkly, smelly fishing boat :/

Yeah I've done two chains of 100 roughly and have yet to find a shiny.

Just tried the fishing chaining thing and didn't end up finding one :/ oh well back to my masuda method t get a shiny pichu.. Been five days of non stop breeding ;o

I also just caught a shiny Gabite. Not to sure if i want to keep it yet. If anyone wants to maybe trade for something i might be willing to. It really just comes down to weather or not i should. Anyway, the friend safari seems to be extremely easy to find shiny's. Found two today already

Reggie McGigas said:
Frezgle said:
I have a fishing chain of over 400 right now and still no shiny.
I would call this method bunk if I hadn't seen all the photos.
So, some people might get lucky and find them in stupidly low chains of less than 40-ish, but I'm willing to bets most people are in my boat.

My dull, non-sparkly, smelly fishing boat :/

Well, my shiny Gyrados came at a chain of around 85. You never know if the next one is a shiny or not, so it's best to keep on trying.

Honestly compared to 80% of this fourm I haven't been so lucky. Only 2 shinies in 9 days. Some people on here get 2 shinies in 9 hours.

Your unlucky? Try no shinies after boxes and boxes of MM'd Rogenrolla and many Friend Safari encounters. I've been hunting in some way on another since the 13th after beating the game. Still, nonthing at all.

Didn't know where to put this, but I am looking for any shiny in the Gengar family. I am willing to trade my shiny Steelix, so if you have one please PM me!! Thanks

Am I the only one that has yet to see a shiny ever (except red Gyarados)? I've been trudging through all the grasses and water I can find, and yet nothing (not necessarily looking for shinies though). T.T

I might be the unluckiest dude ever, been hunting for a shiny Braixen for the last 4 DAYS non stop and still nothing, NADA! :(
At this rate I think I'll never find a shiny not even a Larvesta or Magmar who I could alao find in that zone :(
Does anybody else have Braixen in their safari zones so maybe I can try there??

Still nothing from Masuda method or Friend Safari...
28vv9c0.jpg

And that's after trading away a few boxes!

In the week and two days that I have had my copy of Y, I have found 3 shiny Pokemon, all in the Friend Safari. An Audino and Lillipup (both in the same area, same day, with and hour of each other) and a shiny Spheal. The Lillipup and Spheal have evolved since then.

Congrats on the recent finds fellas and Neko keep it up you'll get one eventually. If I may suggest though post some pictures (just spoiler them) that way we can all see how the shiny models look on XY. As for shiny news I am sure you folks have heard of the new "Consecutive Fishing" method, what are your thought on it? Love it? Hate it? Haven't tried it?

Seems to work better with the Super Rod.
My multi-hundred Good Rod chain ended in nothing, but with the Super Rod, I found a shiny Gyarados (lol) in less than an hour.
I guess it's kind of nice that we now have a water equivalent of the PokéRadar, but why's the PokéRadar have to be so useless this time around? o_O There's really no room anywhere to use it well...

I'm personally liking the new shiny rates. got this bugger 8th egg breeding a DW Male and DW Female Espurr (it's male, it has the DW ability, it's Timid, I was NOT using the masuda method [was preparing to, tho], and has IVs ranked as 'Outstanding' so I'm uber happy :p)

HNI_0091.jpg

yes, it's pink with purple eyes. If the evo isn't yellow, I'll have named it "Tails" for nothing :p

Sorry guys but I think that I don't get the constitutive fishing right...
Everytime I try to start a chain an other pokemon is disturbing it :/ Do I make any mistakes?
I try to fish at the Ambrette town coast and hope for a shiny Dragalge with my super rod...
I stay at the exact same place and just push the Y Button everytime a fight ends through killing the fished pokemon. Can anyone help me please? (I'm from germany so sorry for my bad english)

Ysmir said:
Congrats on the recent finds fellas and Neko keep it up you'll get one eventually. If I may suggest though post some pictures (just spoiler them) that way we can all see how the shiny models look on XY. As for shiny news I am sure you folks have heard of the new "Consecutive Fishing" method, what are your thought on it? Love it? Hate it? Haven't tried it?

Thanks! I just found a Shiny Spheal in the Friend Safari, but I plan to continue my Shiny Bergmite hunt.
2zyhiea.jpg

I tried Consecutive Fishing, but the best I could do was hook two Poliwhirl in a row. Derp.

TheBlueBerryJelly said:
Sorry guys but I think that I don't get the constitutive fishing right...
Everytime I try to start a chain an other pokemon is disturbing it :/ Do I make any mistakes?
I try to fish at the Ambrette town coast and hope for a shiny Dragalge with my super rod...
I stay at the exact same place and just push the Y Button everytime a fight ends through killing the fished pokemon. Can anyone help me please? (I'm from germany so sorry for my bad english)

Nekoban Ryo said:
Ysmir said:

Thanks! I just found a Shiny Spheal in the Friend Safari, but I plan to continue my Shiny Bergmite hunt.
2zyhiea.jpg

I tried Consecutive Fishing, but the best I could do was hook two Poliwhirl in a row. Derp.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter which Pokemon you see in a row. Just fishing in a row counts as chaining. You don't need to chain any individual Pokemon. I may be wrong though (if so, that's why I haven't found any yet haha).

Ok, I've been trying to MM a froakie but after filling 12 boxes, I've got nothing... So now I pose this question: For the MM to work, can I use a japanese ditto and breed it with my in game Greninja? Or do BOTH Pokemon have to be male and female Greninjas, one being from a different region?

So I've been doing the consecutive fishing and my results are:

100+: Nothing
108: Nothing
120: Nothing
40: Nothing
30: Nothing

This isn't working for me... I guess I only exist to counteract all the good luck everyone else is having.

EDIT: Finally! Got myself a shiny Clawitzer. My chain was only 25 so I was quite surprised when I saw it. It's a timid nature as well. I assume that's good haha. I will try to post a picture later but it's basically red with blue accents over the layering of its shell.

I love the consecutive fishing :)

Got a Clauncher and a Clawitzer with a Modest nature.

The friend safari is pretty nice too, got a shiny Togepi several days back and today when i attempt to find a shiny Mawile, i get a shiny Dedenne instead. SO much shinies in XY but it doesn't make it less special. Shinies will always be special. Lol :D

Will update with pics later.

Re: Consecutive fishing again:
It can be different Pokemon. Confused me too, being so used to the Radar. All that matters is that you don't move at all and that you don't fail to reel something in.

Back