XY Shiny Pokémon Mechanics: Less Rare in X / Y

Reggie McGigas

-
RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare & More Special

Ka$h Money said:
How rare is it to find a shiny just in the open world (not including friend Safari)?

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure it has been confirmed that it is more common to find shinies in the safari zone then in the open world.

Meika

Friend Code : 5284 - 1552 - 7463

I caught a shiny Durant in a random hoard battle, hatched a shiny Larvitar with 17 eggs using the MM method and I just caught a shiny Mienfoo in friend safari on the first walk though of a zone.

Right now I'm using the MM method to look for a shiny Furfrou mostly because I want to see all the poodle hair cuts in black!

WitherSnow

I have no pokemon and i must scream.

Trying to use the Masuda method to hatch a shiny bunnelby. Does it work with english and japanese or does it need to be from a different country?

I would like to be able to run into one midgame.
What if it was based on something so insane like number of items in the sixth slot of your items bag. Or perhaps number of times you have saved the game. Or what if it was based on your play time adding up to a digital route (10 + 7 = 17 1 + 7 = 8.)
These would increase the chances of finding a shiny. However they would shift around randomly so you wouldn't know what to exploit.

Just an idea.
I do like the idea of shinys being more commen.

Jackie

Aspiring Trainer

WitherSnow said:
What if it was based on something so insane like number of items in the sixth slot of your items bag. Or perhaps number of times you have saved the game. Or what if it was based on your play time adding up to a digital route (10 + 7 = 17 1 + 7 = 8.)
These would increase the chances of finding a shiny. However they would shift around randomly so you wouldn't know what to exploit.

Just an idea.
I do like the idea of shinys being more commen.

Well as an RNG abuser of the past 3 gens, I can tell you that your saving idea isn't far off. Shinies appear as certain frames, and in gen 5, saving advanced the frame and could be used to trigger a shiny with an RNG calculator. Things like walking, NPCs moving and such shuffled around shiny appearances too. So you game is constantly generating shinies, but all of these factors shift them like you said. So I would imagine things liek that are present this gen as well, just nobody will know for like a year until coders crack what makes these games tick

stalkin_cat

Aspiring Trainer

WitherSnow said:
Trying to use the Masuda method to hatch a shiny bunnelby. Does it work with english and japanese or does it need to be from a different country?

I actually have the same question, does anybody knows?

I have the US game, I'm from Mexico, but I'm using the game in french so it is MM if I use a pokemon from a game in english?

Ysmir

Retired Mod

Far as I know the game takes into consideration where the Pokemon came from. So I think just having it in a different language is not sufficient because the Pokemon's code/origin comes from your game. I may be wrong and XY fundamentally changes this but as far as the previous games goes in order to actually do the Masuda Method you needed a Pokemon from a different game, different language. Anyone can correct me I am not too entirely familiar with MMing since all my shinies were REs.

Drohn

Wild War Dance

You need one Pokémon from a different language. I noticed they are indicated as a different language in the summary of the Pokémon. As long as both Pokémon come from a different language game you´re fine. One of them can be from your own game!

KYL3HiLL4N

Aspiring Trainer

Okay for those that have been asking about the MM. Well it can be any two pokemon, aslong as both are from a different origin. So it could be a Japanese pokemon breeding with a pokemon from your game cartridge or from somewhere else that is not also japan

WitherSnow

I have no pokemon and i must scream.

Drohn said:
You need one Pokémon from a different language. I noticed they are indicated as a different language in the summary of the Pokémon. As long as both Pokémon come from a different language game you´re fine. One of them can be from your own game!

Thanks Drohn!
I must have hatched up to 50 bunnelbys and havn't gotten one yet.
The non shinies get wonder traded.
If you look at it with face value it's kinda dark.

Stecune

Aspiring Trainer

In the past 24 hours I've found a shiny Ninada (Now a shiny Ninjask & Shedinja) and a shiny Phantump! Both in friend Safari. I was amazed when the Phantump appeared, its shiny form is so, so good!

KYL3HiLL4N

Aspiring Trainer

Stecune said:
In the past 24 hours I've found a shiny Ninada (Now a shiny Ninjask & Shedinja) and a shiny Phantump! Both in friend Safari. I was amazed when the Phantump appeared, its shiny form is so, so good!

How long did it take you to find each of them? A lot of people say that the friend safari is easy to find shiny pokemon, but i am just wondering how long it took you?

WalterREBoRN

Aspiring Trainer

Well I decided to take a break from my Hawlucha MM, and I went into the friend safari, mainly the first time as a joke.

First few encounters had a Shiny electabuzz, which I thought my beloved delphox wouldn't kill with psyshock... I was wrong <:'(

On a better note, I took it upon myself to hunt, and the next morning after a few encounters in a different friends safari, boom, a shiny tyrogue which I actually managed to catch! This guy took I'd say about 7 hours to find, but I'm happy because he was a lonely nature with decent but not great IV's.

Not one to be satisfied with one shiny, I went looking for a ghost safari then went hunting. Just as I was about to stop for the night (same day as tyrouge btw) I found a freakin' shiny Pumpkaboo. Words could not have expressed my joy when I caught this since shiny Gourgeist is a brilliant shiny. Pumpkaboo took about 3-4 hours to find, this was kinda on and off though. I only went full huntmode after I laid down for the night.

So yeah, I'd say that the friend safari is your safest and easiest bet of getting shinies unless you're like me and you use an EV trained pokemon to try to weaken a shiny.

S4l4m3nc3

I liek Mudkipz

I've managed to acquire a shiny Gible through the Matsuda method so far. Got it after around 10 eggs. However, it was the wrong nature :(

Haven't seen any shinies as regular encounters.

And now I just caught a shiny bibarel in the Friend Safari

Ririka

Give me Mega Milotic, now.

Apparently there is this method of finding shiny called Chain Fishing that is recently found, basically you fish on the same spot again and again without getting any fail (no bite or failed to reel) and when land on pokemon you can just run/kill/capture it. You have to fish on the exact same spot without even moving an inch. This is based on the fisherman's saying on route 16 "You can catch rare pokemon with a succession of fishing streaks".

The tips is to fish near stones or spots in the middle of two-three stones, you will almost land on pokemon everytime you fish there. Or you can always use a Suction Cups pokemon for a better chance.

I tried this method and the first time i landed on shiny Clauncher at a chain of 40something. Sadly it got a bad nature of Adamant..

Pics of shiny Clauncher : http://imgur.com/SixQ8Iz

And so i tried again several hours later, and getting a shiny Clawitzer at a chain of 30something (after breaking a chain at 70something and trying again) , and luckily this time i get it with synchronizer, so, a good Modest nature, yeah. :D

You guys gotta try this out :)

Jackie

Aspiring Trainer

Thats an awesome tip thank you cuz I really want a shiny skrelp :)

Finch182

Aspiring Trainer

This new method of getting shinies via fishing rods is ridiculously easy. Got a Relicanth and Basculin in just one hour.

KYL3HiLL4N

Aspiring Trainer

Got a shiny Wartortle today in the friend safari. Took around 2 hours. Was fairly quick

Frezgle

Winged Death

I have a fishing chain of over 400 right now and still no shiny.
I would call this method bunk if I hadn't seen all the photos.
So, some people might get lucky and find them in stupidly low chains of less than 40-ish, but I'm willing to bets most people are in my boat.

My dull, non-sparkly, smelly fishing boat :/

Reggie McGigas

-

Frezgle said:
I have a fishing chain of over 400 right now and still no shiny.
I would call this method bunk if I hadn't seen all the photos.
So, some people might get lucky and find them in stupidly low chains of less than 40-ish, but I'm willing to bets most people are in my boat.

My dull, non-sparkly, smelly fishing boat :/

Well, my shiny Gyrados came at a chain of around 85. You never know if the next one is a shiny or not, so it's best to keep on trying.

Honestly compared to 80% of this fourm I haven't been so lucky. Only 2 shinies in 9 days. Some people on here get 2 shinies in 9 hours.