XY Shiny Pokémon Mechanics: Less Rare in X / Y

RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare and More Special

Finding a shiny was supposed to be special, meaning not everyone has one.
I personally found a shiny Goomy, and I'm honestly kinda disappointed that it's not as rare as I thought it was.
But that's just my two cents, I guess it would be nice to easily get a shiny if you've never had one.

Found 2 more in just a few hours, album has been updated :)

http://imgur.com/a/e5w9w

That makes 14 shinies in the Friend Safari in 3 days of hunting.

Currently MMing for a shiny froakie. As such, I have extra modest proteans. On an unrelated note, I just wondertraded a couple of torrent froakies. Mfw I got a noibat and a tyrunt! :D

I believe shinies are less rare, in friend safari I found 2 shinies, 1 yesterday and 1 today, I did not expect to find both, I found a shiny hariyama because I was searching for how many different pokes were in the safari and I found a shiny pyroar because I was testing to see if all safari pokemon are 1 gender, which I believe they are

Spartansn1p3r said:
I was testing to see if all safari pokemon are 1 gender, which I believe they are

they are not. ive been shiny hunting all day and have seen male and female appear in the same safaris

I pulled a shiny Fennekin on my first try in X. Gave me a bloody heart attack when I saw it. Instantly traded it to Y (my main game because Yveltal is sexy).

I also caught a shiny Minccino in the Friend Safari in my copy of Y.

My friend Ryan found a shiny Tentacool near the sea spirit's den. I'm shiny hunting as we speak. I wish we could get the shiny charm back.

Rob234111 said:
I pulled a shiny Fennekin on my first try in X. Gave me a bloody heart attack when I saw it. Instantly traded it to Y (my main game because Yveltal is sexy).

My friend Ryan found a shiny Tentacool near the sea spirit's den. I'm shiny hunting as we speak. I wish we could get the shiny charm back.

I would like to know if you can see if the starter is shiny in the selection screen, or if you have to wait until you check the summary.

I got a shiny Wartortal and Shiny Frogadier. Im trying to get a modest natured shiny frogadier with synchronize though so im still hunting in that safari.

I'm hunting for a shiny Braixen in safari as we speak but I have a question, are there any tips to make shiny appear? Like should I kill every pokemon I encounter? Should I flee or catch them? Walk in a straight line? Does any of it affect my chances of getting one?

I've been Masuda methoding for the lat three days and still haven't got my cute lil shiny pichu ;( It's all gonna be worth it when I get that shiny Pikachu and here it go "pika!!" so cute

shinysearcher said:
Rob234111 said:

I would like to know if you can see if the starter is shiny in the selection screen, or if you have to wait until you check the summary.

No, sadly you have to wait until the summary screen. Would be so awesome and convenient if you could just see it on the selection screen.

VictorCohen said:
I'm hunting for a shiny Braixen in safari as we speak but I have a question, are there any tips to make shiny appear? Like should I kill every pokemon I encounter? Should I flee or catch them? Walk in a straight line? Does any of it affect my chances of getting one?

In previous games at least, nothing like battling them increased the odds. the fastest way is running as to start the next encounter sooner. today Ive been doing that and already caught 2 wartortle and 1 frogadier shinies in 1 cart

Just caught my second shiny, a Pachirisu! I've only ever caught 2 before this game, an Aron in Ruby and a Starly in Platinum. I don't agree with the people who say they are now less special, because it's still very rare to get one.

Been hunting for 2 days and still nothing :(
I won't give uo though hehe I really want my shiny Braixen!!
I want some of the other people's luck hehe

pokerealm said:
Found 2 more in just a few hours, album has been updated :)

http://imgur.com/a/e5w9w

That makes 14 shinies in the Friend Safari in 3 days of hunting.

where your friends online?
I've tried over and over in the safari and nothing yet :(

I spent friday and saturday there lol

I went to the Friend Safari today with the soul intent of finding a shiny Floette, and the moment I enter the grass I'm attacked by one. That's the first time I've gone on a shiny hunt and actually succeeded. I must have set a record too.

RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare & More Special

Ahhhh congrats :D
You are so lucky, I'm still hunting but not shiny pokemon yet :(

How rare is it to find a shiny just in the open world (not including friend Safari)?

I believe it's 1/1000 but this might not be correct.
Keep seeing different flabebe- thinks they're shiny- gets dissapointed

Back