XY Shiny Pokémon Mechanics: Less Rare in X / Y

slowpr0_

Aspiring Trainer
Member
RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare and More Special

Finding a shiny was supposed to be special, meaning not everyone has one.
I personally found a shiny Goomy, and I'm honestly kinda disappointed that it's not as rare as I thought it was.
But that's just my two cents, I guess it would be nice to easily get a shiny if you've never had one.
 

pokerealm

Aspiring Trainer
Member
RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare and More Special

Found 2 more in just a few hours, album has been updated :)

http://imgur.com/a/e5w9w

That makes 14 shinies in the Friend Safari in 3 days of hunting.
 

halfrican

Aspiring Trainer
Member
RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare and More Special

Currently MMing for a shiny froakie. As such, I have extra modest proteans. On an unrelated note, I just wondertraded a couple of torrent froakies. Mfw I got a noibat and a tyrunt! :D
 

Spartan Sceptile

Just goin for a walk....
Member
RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare and More Special

I believe shinies are less rare, in friend safari I found 2 shinies, 1 yesterday and 1 today, I did not expect to find both, I found a shiny hariyama because I was searching for how many different pokes were in the safari and I found a shiny pyroar because I was testing to see if all safari pokemon are 1 gender, which I believe they are
 

Jackie

Aspiring Trainer
Member
RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare and More Special

Spartansn1p3r said:
I was testing to see if all safari pokemon are 1 gender, which I believe they are

they are not. ive been shiny hunting all day and have seen male and female appear in the same safaris
 

Rob234111

ArticunoX
Member
RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare and More Special

I pulled a shiny Fennekin on my first try in X. Gave me a bloody heart attack when I saw it. Instantly traded it to Y (my main game because Yveltal is sexy).

I also caught a shiny Minccino in the Friend Safari in my copy of Y.

My friend Ryan found a shiny Tentacool near the sea spirit's den. I'm shiny hunting as we speak. I wish we could get the shiny charm back.
 

shinysearcher

Help me find a shiny! haha :D
Member
RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare and More Special

Rob234111 said:
I pulled a shiny Fennekin on my first try in X. Gave me a bloody heart attack when I saw it. Instantly traded it to Y (my main game because Yveltal is sexy).

I also caught a shiny Minccino in the Friend Safari in my copy of Y.

My friend Ryan found a shiny Tentacool near the sea spirit's den. I'm shiny hunting as we speak. I wish we could get the shiny charm back.

I would like to know if you can see if the starter is shiny in the selection screen, or if you have to wait until you check the summary.
 

Jackie

Aspiring Trainer
Member
RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare and More Special

I got a shiny Wartortal and Shiny Frogadier. Im trying to get a modest natured shiny frogadier with synchronize though so im still hunting in that safari.
 

VictorCohen

Aspiring Trainer
Member
RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare and More Special

I'm hunting for a shiny Braixen in safari as we speak but I have a question, are there any tips to make shiny appear? Like should I kill every pokemon I encounter? Should I flee or catch them? Walk in a straight line? Does any of it affect my chances of getting one?
 

Ashaskuxx

Aspiring Trainer
Member
RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare and More Special

I've been Masuda methoding for the lat three days and still haven't got my cute lil shiny pichu ;( It's all gonna be worth it when I get that shiny Pikachu and here it go "pika!!" so cute
 

Rob234111

ArticunoX
Member
RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare and More Special

shinysearcher said:
Rob234111 said:
I pulled a shiny Fennekin on my first try in X. Gave me a bloody heart attack when I saw it. Instantly traded it to Y (my main game because Yveltal is sexy).

I also caught a shiny Minccino in the Friend Safari in my copy of Y.

My friend Ryan found a shiny Tentacool near the sea spirit's den. I'm shiny hunting as we speak. I wish we could get the shiny charm back.

I would like to know if you can see if the starter is shiny in the selection screen, or if you have to wait until you check the summary.

No, sadly you have to wait until the summary screen. Would be so awesome and convenient if you could just see it on the selection screen.
 

Jackie

Aspiring Trainer
Member
RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare and More Special

VictorCohen said:
I'm hunting for a shiny Braixen in safari as we speak but I have a question, are there any tips to make shiny appear? Like should I kill every pokemon I encounter? Should I flee or catch them? Walk in a straight line? Does any of it affect my chances of getting one?

In previous games at least, nothing like battling them increased the odds. the fastest way is running as to start the next encounter sooner. today Ive been doing that and already caught 2 wartortle and 1 frogadier shinies in 1 cart
 

Finch182

Aspiring Trainer
Member
RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare and More Special

Just caught my second shiny, a Pachirisu! I've only ever caught 2 before this game, an Aron in Ruby and a Starly in Platinum. I don't agree with the people who say they are now less special, because it's still very rare to get one.
 

VictorCohen

Aspiring Trainer
Member
RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare and More Special

Been hunting for 2 days and still nothing :(
I won't give uo though hehe I really want my shiny Braixen!!
I want some of the other people's luck hehe
 

stalkin_cat

Aspiring Trainer
Member
RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare and More Special

pokerealm said:
Found 2 more in just a few hours, album has been updated :)

http://imgur.com/a/e5w9w

That makes 14 shinies in the Friend Safari in 3 days of hunting.

where your friends online?
I've tried over and over in the safari and nothing yet :(

I spent friday and saturday there lol
 

Trainer of Shadows

"But... Why?"
Member
RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare and More Special

I went to the Friend Safari today with the soul intent of finding a shiny Floette, and the moment I enter the grass I'm attacked by one. That's the first time I've gone on a shiny hunt and actually succeeded. I must have set a record too.
 

VictorCohen

Aspiring Trainer
Member
RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare & More Special

Ahhhh congrats :D
You are so lucky, I'm still hunting but not shiny pokemon yet :(
 

Ka$h Money

Aspiring Trainer
Member
RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare & More Special

How rare is it to find a shiny just in the open world (not including friend Safari)?
 

Reshiwott

epic gamer moment
Member
RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare & More Special

I believe it's 1/1000 but this might not be correct.
Keep seeing different flabebe- thinks they're shiny- gets dissapointed
 
Top